The time has finally come

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's time for all the Packer brothers and sisters of PackerForum to put all our differences aside and join together to back the Packers for a healthful and successful season in 2005.

There are a lot of differences of opinion but we all basically want the same thing and that's to win a Super Bowl for Brett Favre before he retires.

Everyone knows how I feel about Mike Sherman and that I am expecting an 8-8 season (plus or minus 1) in 2005. If the Packers can do better, I will be more than happy.

Everyone is in camp except Bubba Franks and that is good news. Hopefully Franks will come around.

If Jim Bates can get his defense into place and a few young players can step up this season, it will give the Packers a good foundation to build on in 2006.

No matter what happens it will be a successful season. When the season is over and Mike Sherman is gone from Green Bay, it will be just like winning the Super Bowl.

packman31

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one look for a better season than 8-8 If the defense is only half better than the last couple of years then Id say 11-5 this year.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11-5, Division Crown, and Sherman gets an extension. I can't wait to read Steel Wheel's posts after that one! :lol:

OP
OP
S

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
11-5, Division Crown, and Sherman gets an extension. I can't wait to read Steel Wheel's posts after that one! :lol:

I'll be around to eat crow or to dish it out.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:
It's time for all the Packer brothers and sisters of PackerForum to put all our differences aside and join together to back the Packers for a healthful and successful season in 2005.

There are a lot of differences of opinion but we all basically want the same thing and that's to win a Super Bowl for Brett Favre before he retires.

Everyone knows how I feel about Mike Sherman and that I am expecting an 8-8 season (plus or minus 1) in 2005. If the Packers can do better, I will be more than happy.

OK, Steel Wheels I hear ya but, even minor improvement in our defence especally the turnover ratio will lead to a couple more wins. Of course a reatively injury free year will help also. Still, 10+ wins looks do able.

As for Sherman, I think he has a very good offensive mind - as in O- coordinator.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I,too, am hoping for a divison crown once again. However, living in Northeastern MN, I am constantly hearing that the vikes are going to get the crown this year. I hope not. I would definitely like to see our beloved Pack get it.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
I,too, am hoping for a divison crown once again. However, living in Northeastern MN, I am constantly hearing that the vikes are going to get the crown this year. I hope not. I would definitely like to see our beloved Pack get it.

Of course Minny is talking about winning the division, the main analysts across the country are picking them also. Then again both vikes fans and sports analysts have been picking Minny to win the division for the past few years, and just look how that has turned out.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the worst we'll do is 9-7 (outright)....

Having said that - I'd say that at least one, maybe two games will be lost due to complacency - which BATES will lower the boom to the Defense for having committed (that offense) to his scheme. What I like about the Bates Scheme is that it is purely the simplest form of a Defense - it takes away all of the inherent worrying (about tomorrow's trig test, eh?) -- So the Defense should certainly be more relaxed and able to concentrate on the mission at hand.... Figuring which two teams we will pull an AZ style loss to is "up for grabs" right about now.... Anyone wanna guess?

I'd also say I hope for us to go 11-5, as others have described....

So - which 5 games will we lose? Anyone?

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is imperative that we do well at home...A-because we can, playing easier teams, B-because we HAVE TO because we have some tough road games, the division, philly, atlanta, carolina, baltiomre...i think 6-2 or 7-1 at home is in our grasp IF and ONLY IF sherman can get this team to play in lambeau, and bates can get our defense revved...if we struggle to another 4-4 at home, the packers only games are in 2005, if we win a lot of games in lambeau, we will be fine

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
it is imperative that we do well at home...A-because we can, playing easier teams, B-because we HAVE TO because we have some tough road games, the division, philly, atlanta, carolina, baltiomre...i think 6-2 or 7-1 at home is in our grasp IF and ONLY IF sherman can get this team to play in lambeau, and bates can get our defense revved...if we struggle to another 4-4 at home, the packers only games are in 2005, if we win a lot of games in lambeau, we will be fine

That can be said for any year, work hard to win all of your home games and push to get as many road wins as possible. If you can win all of your home games and half your road games, then you'll finish 12-4 -- a very good season.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think winning our home games is critical not only to the season, but to get back the Lambeau mystique for the playoffs. My gut feeling has been 11-5 all along. That's what I'm going with.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steel Wheels said:

Everyone is in camp except Bubba Franks and that is good news. Hopefully Franks will come around.

If Jim Bates can get his defense into place and a few young players can step up this season, it will give the Packers a good foundation to build on in 2006.

No matter what happens it will be a successful season. When the season is over and Mike Sherman is gone from Green Bay, it will be just like winning the Super Bowl.

No chase, NO ONE here knows how you feel about Mike Sherman.

You claim to want a win for Brett Favre yet you predict an 8-8 season...

Also, there is NO substitute for winning the Superbowl. WITH MS or without.

Its too bad that someone who claims to know so much about Football has to direct all his football thoughts on bashing Sherman.

Members online

Latest posts