The thing that stings the most...

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that we were 15-1 headed into the playoffs(heathly as we ever will be) and did not come away with even an NFC Championship. I know alot of people will say yeah we will just come back the next 5 years and dominate. I really do think we can, but when your in the moment you gotta take advantage of it. Unlucky stuff can happen, it happens to every team in the NFL. I think we will be a 12 win team next year but all these coaches being interviewed makes me a little nervous. Like someone stated after the 97 superbowl loss, everyone said we would be back and we went in a drysprout. Nothing is guarnteed in the NFL, so for people to say we will easily be back on top next year might be getting a little too far ahead of theirselves.

P.S GO PACK GO!

OP
OP
JTheGreat

JTheGreat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Capers interviewed for the OAK head coach job as well. I heard Philbin wanted Tom Clements too.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that is part of why we lost these coaches didn't have their heads in the game,and it effected the players .

Yup. I read that Moss interviewed the Saturday before our playoff game, which really ****** me off. I don't want him focused on a job interview, I want him focused on getting this team ready to win.

Combine that distraction with the tragedy that fell upon our Packer family and it's hardly a surprise this team had no focus.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yards != points and we were middle of the pack in points allowed. Ranked 14th before the Detroit game, when we sat several starters.

Again, our defense did more than enough for us to win the game. They didn't allow a single first down in the entire 3rd quarter. This loss was more on our offense. Not sure why people cannot see this.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Yards != points and we were middle of the pack in points allowed. Ranked 14th before the Detroit game, when we sat several starters.

Again, our defense did more than enough for us to win the game. They didn't allow a single first down in the entire 3rd quarter. This loss was more on our offense. Not sure why people cannot see this.
I can see it. If we were 15-1 for the season, the defense must have done something right. I understand it's in the stats but I say, "POO POO" to stats. IMO, the story is told in the "win" column. The 49ers supposedly had one of the best defenses in the league and they're in the same pitty circle as us right now.
It was just a really crumby game. The offense clearly was not focused. I personally think the drowning and the pressure to win for Philbin was a major factor in the distraction. I wasn't aware of this coaching interview but it would seem that that was p*ss-poor timing and also played a role.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take a calm perspective on all of this, especially since I live in Vikings territory. Every game that I watched this season, except for once, my favorite team won. They went 15-1. Would I have wanted them to win the SB? Yes. Although they won it last year. It might mean more to the players than me, but the Packers entertained me in a way that they never have from September through December. Had we not won the SB in 30+ years, I might be singing a different tune but we have this luxury.

It hurt more to be the 15-1 Vikings of 1998, having never won a SB and having not even been there for 20+ years.

Packers fans enjoyed a great season of football. Cherish the regular season as much or more than the playoffs. We also won't burn through good head coaches as fast if people remember to do that!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Biggest problem for us was taking our foot off the gas.
3 weeks off essentially for Arod nevermind Jennings being off for a while aswell.

Dont take foot off the gas, play all 16 and risk injury

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take a calm perspective on all of this, especially since I live in Vikings territory. Every game that I watched this season, except for once, my favorite team won. They went 15-1. Would I have wanted them to win the SB? Yes. Although they won it last year. It might mean more to the players than me, but the Packers entertained me in a way that they never have from September through December. Had we not won the SB in 30+ years, I might be singing a different tune but we have this luxury.

It hurt more to be the 15-1 Vikings of 1998, having never won a SB and having not even been there for 20+ years.

Packers fans enjoyed a great season of football. Cherish the regular season as much or more than the playoffs. We also won't burn through good head coaches as fast if people remember to do that!

While this year was fun, I enjoy the years with adversity like last year more. There was nothing better than having our backs up against the wall fighting just to make the playoffs, yet knowing if we got in, just what we were capable of. This year I just kind of always thought we had too many weaknesses and was just waiting for them to hurt us at the wrong time.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score

So True.
It was a glorious year starting December of 2011. We were kings of the world. We were the Unbeaten Defending Champs for 13 games into the regular season. For me personally it was an extraordinarily special year. I pissed off my wife and bought a fan ring, I Finally made my pilgrimage to Lambeau for the opener and it exceeded my wildest expectations, it was a Superbowl atmosphere, partying everywhere, the people were tremendous, I cried when I entered Lambeau, my wife said she saw many grown men crying when we walked in. The game was unbelievable. Then the San Diego Game, The Tailgate was unbelievable, we created Lambeau west for a day, the game was just as good, Packer Nation took over Qualcomm, Rivers had to go to a silent count in his own stadium. The only bummer is that I didn't get to finish the year at the Championship game, I am slowly getting over that last game but it was one hell of a year. I will be paying for it for a couple of years, but what a year. we have to look past this game and the last couple of weeks and look at the joy we had for over a year. and look forward to the joy we will have for the many coming years. WE WILL BE RAISING THE LOMBARDI NEXT YEAR. So let it be written, so let it be done.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
So True.
It was a glorious year starting December of 2011. We were kings of the world. We were the Unbeaten Defending Champs for 13 games into the regular season. For me personally it was an extraordinarily special year. I pissed off my wife and bought a fan ring, I Finally made my pilgrimage to Lambeau for the opener and it exceeded my wildest expectations, it was a Superbowl atmosphere, partying everywhere, the people were tremendous, I cried when I entered Lambeau, my wife said she saw many grown men crying when we walked in. The game was unbelievable. Then the San Diego Game, The Tailgate was unbelievable, we created Lambeau west for a day, the game was just as good, Packer Nation took over Qualcomm, Rivers had to go to a silent count in his own stadium. The only bummer is that I didn't get to finish the year at the Championship game, I am slowly getting over that last game but it was one hell of a year. I will be paying for it for a couple of years, but what a year. we have to look past this game and the last couple of weeks and look at the joy we had for over a year. and look forward to the joy we will have for the many coming years. WE WILL BE RAISING THE LOMBARDI NEXT YEAR. So let it be written, so let it be done.
Well, there you have it. RCC has made the declaration. I believe.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it. If we were 15-1 for the season, the defense must have done something right. I understand it's in the stats but I say, "POO POO" to stats. IMO, the story is told in the "win" column. The 49ers supposedly had one of the best defenses in the league and they're in the same pitty circle as us right now.
It was just a really crumby game. The offense clearly was not focused. I personally think the drowning and the pressure to win for Philbin was a major factor in the distraction. I wasn't aware of this coaching interview but it would seem that that was p*ss-poor timing and also played a role.
Looks like I have a twin sister.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not over it and I'm not sure when I will be.
It just feels like something is missing without the Pack being in the SB and it just feels odd to have them playing in the Pro-Bowl this year. (I still don't care to watch either one.)
I don't feel frustrated or sad. I just feel like I really wanted the Packers to repeat while at the same time being glad they went 15-1.

L

Lunchboxer

NFL films will probably make an AMERICAS GAME, MISSING RINGS about this team.

I doubt that. We won the SB last year. It stinks but we won the SB previous year. It stings but I kinda expected it because the D was playing so crappy I did not think we could win with that D.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I wish that football would do the best out of say 2 out of 3 games for the grand Super bowl,...I guess it would be
called Super Tre then! lol

Still would be better then letting one "off" game getting us out! lol

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
32nd ranked defense, we all knew it could happen we just didn't want to believe it.

Probably. I had a tough time believing they were 31st all year myself and then fell to last in the final week. I mean I believed it but based on the year before was simply baffled. And I hoped they would "turn it on" when it mattered.

There is also a reason why most playoff teams fans were rooting for the Cowboys. And then the Falcons.

Wasn't mean to be but sadly at times (especially in the first half of the season) it looked meant to be.

I also don't believe you have to half *** the regular season and just hope to get hot too. You still want the highest seed you can get.

I blame all this on Tony Romo and the Cowboys now. I have no other choice. :)

Staff online

Latest posts