The running game

bullet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Staring the 4th quarter Brandon Jackson had 6 carries for -3 yard Aaron had 9 carries for 34 i think. Where was Nance, Kuhn, Starks. You cant win games like that.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the first game that I remember that its been a big flaw for us. Still not that worried.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 Game against a team that was 4th against the run and had allowed a league low 3 rushing yards? Not worried.

If the trend continues, like Ivo said, then it is.

If Rodgers is playing great, like he did, the running game not working isn't that big a deal. Remember, if Rodgers doesn't fumble in the 1 yard line, and if the ST doesn't give them 50 yards, we win this game.

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once I saw Grant go down in week one, I had a strong feeling that the running would go downhill, and so far I was right.

It's gonna be hard to win these upcoming games without a decent running game.

OP
OP
B

bullet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea but when Brandon was struggling least give someone else a shot. Nance was playing his old team you would think he would want to prove something but he never even got a shot.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the first week I've been disappointed in our run game. Still not overly worried, but definitely disappointed. Thought our special teams screwed us, same as that fumble. Also, McCarthy needed to challenge that Gonzales catch on 4th down before the half. Should have been GB ball at mid field, killing what became a TD drive for Atlanta. His situational awareness wasn't very good there.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea but when Brandon was struggling least give someone else a shot. Nance was playing his old team you would think he would want to prove something but he never even got a shot.

IIRC, Nance kept getting stuffed with one yard to go for either a TD or a first down.

Reaction score
You can't put it all on Jackson. He did do a couple stupid runs where he went backwards. No running back can run in this league if you have 3 defenders in the backfield. It was a poor run blocking and poor running. It doesn't matter what running back we had back there, The packers O line can't run block

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, let's not pin this game entirely on Jackson. Our offensive line was, well, offensive. They did ****-all to provide any real kind of run blocking support, which resulted in Jackson getting hit a lot in the backfield.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brandon jackson needs to freaking stop moving laterally right before the he tries to hit the hole...he hesitates so much, rather then getting positive yards, he single-handedly-screwed us on 2 drives that we ended w/ 4th & inches

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss Grant!!! Our run game was not all that great today, but it was certainly better than the first two weeks without Grant when it was particularly hideous. I will say it has improved since then. BJax and Kuhn are improving, it just isn't happening very fast. Another thing is, consider who we are playing. Even the #1 running game in the league would have trouble against Atlanta. Their run D is pretty tight. Trying to run the ball at all might not of been a good move considering our run game is shaky to begin with. I did see more than a few running plays that were successful. I'm not saying we have an excellent running game, I'd have to be mad to say that. What I am saying is we don't have a non-existent or hideous running game. In situations where your starting RB (Grant) is gone for the season you either have to bite the bullet and trade for a new one or make do with what you have. I honestly think TT made the best call here in keeping what we have and not giving anything or anyone up to get a RB (that our West Coast oriented offense won't use as much anyway).

jhutch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He left the game with a concussion.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, let's not pin this game entirely on Jackson. Our offensive line was, well, offensive. They did ****-all to provide any real kind of run blocking support, which resulted in Jackson getting hit a lot in the backfield.

The o-line and B-Jack arent the problem. The o-line is playing the best we've seen in years. B-Jack doesnt fit the "One Cut Hit the Hole Down Hill Run" type. B-Jack is great at what he does best. Pass block and a decent 3rd down back.

I am a big TT fan. But he $hit the bed when he didnt pick up a RB while we had the chance.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Once I saw Grant go down in week one, I had a strong feeling that the running would go downhill, and so far I was right.

I don't think it would have mattered much. I think it has much more to do with the run blocking. Grant wouldn't even start on 75% of the teams in the league. Grant isn't a long term solution. He's a mediocre RB. RB should be our highest draft priority next year.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why have we stopped using John Kuhn? I just dont get it all.

I would trust Kuhn over BJax and Nance to get me one yard any day.

Grave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rather than Ingram, how about get me some of those line men from Wisconsin!

It's a football culture shock to watch the Badger Bad Boys crush people andthen watch guys like Daryn Colledge miss the guy a yard in front of him.:chisux::viksux:

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why have we stopped using John Kuhn? I just dont get it all.

I would trust Kuhn over BJax and Nance to get me one yard any day.

I think i recall Kuhn getting like one run, and it was for like 8 yards...lol.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Badgers offensive line is the best in the state.

I truly believe that. Carimi, Moffett and the gang own our line.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! I disagree with you guys so much on our o-line. Again I say this is the best they've been in years. Could they be better? Hell yeah, but they are not the problem. Grant is only great in that he fits the scheme. If the o-line is so bad they how was Grant able to be a note worthy running ever since the Packers nabbed him from the Giants? Its the scheme, and you need the right guy to hit the hole. B-Jack is not that guy. Nance? I dont know, maybe he is just retarded, otherwise he fits the profile.

To fit this scheme you need to be a bruising down hill runner.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
our line has stepped up, but they still cannot enforce a will against anyone for any consistency. Watching Colledge get penalties is like watching Bush F*ck up.

You just expect it now.

No Blame for this loss on players. It solely lies in the coaches laps. Coach better, call different plays, we win (or have a better shot)

Like I said before, I would rather an elite team blow us out than beat us with a last second FG. Its like getting sucker punched and getting knocked out vs getting into a straight up fight and getting your *** whooped. At least in the *** whooping you know you had a fighting chance and were just not as good. Losing like this is like the sucker punch.

Members online

Latest posts