The Real "IRONY" for those who believe Brett is Selfish

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Phil, Brett was surrounded by Pro Bowl players but some were because they played with Brett. Antonio Freeman sure went on to a long, productive career after leaving GB. Brett made average recievers look great. Corey Bradford,Bill Schroeder,Etc,etc.

Your whole post just OOOOZZZEEEEES Jealousy.......and I love it!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah Phil, Brett was surrounded by Pro Bowl players but some were because they played with Brett. Antonio Freeman sure went on to a long, productive career after leaving GB. Brett made average recievers look great. Corey Bradford,Bill Schroeder,Etc,etc.

Turn that around for a moment. What has Favre done without them? Any Super Bowls? Any playoff wins at all for that matter?
Behind a mediocre line and with so so receivers he has done nothing but go one and done in the playoffs including losses at home, guide the team to a 4-12 finish and lead the league in picks. Not to mention acting like a self centered jerk since last August.
Favre benefited from his teammates a lot more then you, and apparently he wants to give them credit for.

Reaction score
Philtration said:
pyledriver80 said:

Turn that around for a moment. What has Favre done without them? Any Super Bowls? Any playoff wins at all for that matter?
Behind a mediocre line and with so so receivers he has done nothing but go one and done in the playoffs including losses at home, guide the team to a 4-12 finish and lead the league in picks. Not to mention acting like a self centered jerk since last August.
Favre benefited from his teammates a lot more then you, and apparently he wants to give them credit for.

Well it's both ways. Lets not confuse Freeman, Schroder, et al. with talents of Rice, Moss, even TO. The fact is that the guys obviously had talent, but having Brett made a difference too. You can't sub a solid QB. Being a bears fan Phil, I think you'd know first hand... :p

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Philtration said:
pyledriver80 said:

Well it's both ways. Lets not confuse Freeman, Schroder, et al. with talents of Rice, Moss, even TO. The fact is that the guys obviously had talent, but having Brett made a difference too. You can't sub a solid QB. Being a bears fan Phil, I think you'd know first hand... :p

I totally agree. I have seen plenty of Brett Favre at his finest. :doh:

Reaction score
Philtration said:
all about da packers said:
Philtration said:
pyledriver80 said:

I totally agree. I have seen plenty of Brett Favre at his finest. :doh:

lol, not to worry. We Packer fans have also seen plenty of "knucle head" Brett at his finest..... er worst. :(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle Said:It makes no sense. So lets throw in Rogers with a bunch of scrap heap players and then when he sucks we can cut him. Then he can go elsewhere and be surrounded by talent and not have to do everything and become a good QB."

I DIDN'T say "scrap heap" players...........i said maybe you go with younger guys, that will develope WITH Rodgers. So they KNOW each other on the field. When Favre has WR's on the field that he KNOWS, he KNOWS what kind of move they will make if a play breaks down.
If you get a top guy that you can sign, you sign him. I'm JUST saying the situation is different, and might sway the GM a different way.
Now, of COURSE TT is going to say "It doesn't effect what i do" as it's the "politically correct" thing to say. Plus, there's NO way he's gonna come out and admith that a player affected what he did/does. That would just be opening the door for other players to try to hold the team hostage (i'm not saying Favre is, i mean more like Walker).
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this issue. You made good points, and i believe i did too. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing........the ONLY one that knows for certain is Thompson himself.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good debates on both sides of this but let me end my part in this by saying I find it hard to believe that the word "selfish" is being applied to the one man who played every game ( injured or not ) for 221 straight games over 14 years.

This is not a characteristic of a "selfish man" !!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Good debates on both sides of this but let me end my part in this by saying I find it hard to believe that the word "selfish" is being applied to the one man who played every game ( injured or not ) for 221 straight games over 14 years.

This is not a characteristic of a "selfish man" !!!

I'll save who you know who the post

HE DID IT BECAUSE THE STREAK MEANS MORE TO HIM THEN THE TEAM. HE SHOULD HAVE SAT OUT INSTEAD OF PLAYING INJURED!

heh :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking you know who, It sure is peaceful in here. I think we ought to give him more days off.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Speaking you know who, It sure is peaceful in here. I think we ought to give him more days off.

personally, i think it's more than a who - it's 2 who's & it's been pleasantly quiet without their arguments today!! :joy:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Yeah I'm good with disagreeing. Its was a good argument on both sides without insults.

I agree pyle! And it's not that i really disagree with what you say, i just see it from a different angle is all.
No doubt, Favre is THE MAN! And i HOPE he gives it one more run!
Hopefully they sign Arrington, and Brett SEES that GB wants to win NOW!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
pyledriver80 said:

personally, i think it's more than a who - it's 2 who's & it's been pleasantly quiet without their arguments today!! :joy:

Shhhhhhhh 4packgirl Shhhhhhh..... You may wake the one named Tr....... !!!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
WINNI!!! You don't mean TRCHEESEY, do you!?!?!? :wink: :lol:

See, I knew it, Cheesey. You and those x$#! jokes of yours awoke the boy :wink: ( and things were so peacefull lol ) !!!

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Poor Brett Favre. After all he has done for the Green Bay Packers and he has gotten nothing in return.

Nothing but millions of dollars in salary, surrounding him with pro-bowl players which resulted in a hall of fame career and a Super Bowl ring, giving him special treatment as far as reporting to camp with the rest of his "lesser" teammates and now treating him as if they are waiting for the Pope to die before electing the new one.

Maybe he needs to remember sitting on the bench in Atlanta once upon a time and realize that he does indeed owe the Packers a great deal.
That is the best post ive seen on this board, well said

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes...

and "pity" the poor Green Bay Packer fan and organization for having to "suffer" through the many CHAMPIONSHIPS that Brett Favre has brought ye...

Guys like that are a dime a dozen..

as ye shall see...!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yes...

and "pity" the poor Green Bay Packer fan and organization for having to "suffer" through the many CHAMPIONSHIPS that Brett Favre has brought ye...

as ye shall see...!

I must have been asleep, how many CHAMPIONSHIPS did Brett Favre bring us?

I only count one. But thats me living in reality again, my bad.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
P@ck66 said:
Yes...

as ye shall see...!

I must have been asleep, how many CHAMPIONSHIPS did Brett Favre bring us?

I only count one. But thats me living in reality again, my bad.

You only count one? Maybe you are only counting Super Bowls. How about NFC Championships? NFC Central or North Division Championships?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we were talking Superbowls(real championships in my opinion).

Nobody plays to win the division, they play to win the superbowl.

My bad. I thought we were talking about real championships.

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I thought we were talking Superbowls(real championships in my opinion).

Nobody plays to win the division, they play to win the superbowl.

My bad. I thought we were talking about real championships.

Getting no Bites here trom ? I think you need bigger bait lol !!!

Members online

Latest posts