The Pretenders of the Midway

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows the Bears don't stand a chance. This team is so erratic I expect the Pack to deliver a blowout of epic proportions.

All kidding aside the Bears do not match up with the Packers at all. The defense is soft and overrated. Rodgers will have a great day against the Bear D. Look at how the Pats destroyed that D.

Get 2 scores up on the Bears and they will self destruct. Cutler seems to throw lots of picks when he plays the Pack. This is looking real good right now.

Bears will have to win a shoot out with the Pack and it is not going to happen.

The Vikings are not going to beat the Eagles either. The Vikings have quit for the season.

Possible spoilers in the game. Hester-don't kick to this guy if at all possible.

Peppers-keep him off of Rodgers. Forte-shut him down and you have only Jay Cutler and his erratic play especially under pressure. I see a pack win by over 20 pts easy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldnt disagree more.

Urlacher "soft"? LOL yeah right. you should tell him that.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They beat Philly last month with Vick entering hot, and playing the whole game.

That was their only impressive win all season unless you call winning at Dallas one, or the ref's gift over us.

Still, they are formidable, and James Jones seems to like to fumble against them.

I hate Urlacher. He tried to take out Rodgers last year in Lambeau with a late hit. A few plays later, Urlacher's arm broke and his season ended there in game one.
If he messes with Aaron again, this time I hope Urlacher's knee or shoulder snaps. Those ******** have been lucky as hell all year long compared to our injuries, plus the refs game them the Lions game and our game. Two lucky NFC North wins.

Packers 45
Bears 17

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
The refs didn't give them the win over us, WE did. Most of the calls were the Packer's fault. But they are way more disciplined now, and the Bears aren't gonna get 80 free defensive yards this game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We played them when we had most of our roster intact. Now, not so much.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The refs didn't give them the win over us, WE did. Most of the calls were the Packer's fault. But they are way more disciplined now, and the Bears aren't gonna get 80 free defensive yards this game.
LIS, I still have that game on my DVR and have watched it over many times, with the slow-mo, etc.

Not only did the refs flag us an all-time record of 18 times, but 2 of them denied us interceptions in the 4th quarter (one by Barnett, the other Collins), and one of them denied us 7 points on the Rodgers to Finley TD.
All 3 of those calls were ticky-tacky and often wouldn't be flagged.

The Finley TD denied was a holding call on Tauscher against Peppers. There were 50 holds worse than that on both teams that game or any other game. Peppers didn't even whine or ask for a flag on the play.

The Barnett Int came when Zombo spun around and his helmet happened to hit Cuntler's chin, coincidentally. They have let Rodgers get hit worse than that many times with no calls.

And as I have showed before, Devin Hester's huge punt return touchdown, which was his first for a score in nearly 3 years, was benefited by one BLATANT block in the back and one normal block in the back. We always get flagged for those on our special teams, and on a night the refs were flag-happy on us, they cannot let that go. That touchdown saved the game for the Bears. They took away a touchdown from us on the BS call on Tauscher. This was 10x worse.

So yes, James Jones helped give it away, but the refs were clearly the stars of that game. But the Bears are playing better now, except against NE.

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears - Recap - September 27, 2010 - ESPN

We had more than 100 yards more than they did, despite the penalties.
We had more first downs, were 36-24 in time of possession, and we held their offense under 300 total yards. The 152 yards on penalties called against us, and 60 they let go on the Hester TD were too much to overcome. You can't expect a team to overcome all that BS.

DESPITE all those penalties on us, and ignored one on them, we almost won:

Urlacher popped the ball out of James Jones' hands after the receiver caught a pass from Aaron Rodgers near midfield. Tim Jennings recovered the ball, giving Chicago the ball on the Packers 46 with 2:18 remaining.

"Any time a play like that comes up, that's a play you need to make," the Packers' Nick Barnett said. "Luckily for them they didn't have any penalties on that call and they were able to get the ball."

Devin Hester delivered his first touchdown return in three years when he ran back a punt 62 yards in the fourth quarter, giving the Bears a short-lived 14-10 lead.Rodgers threw for 316 yards and a touchdown and also scored on a 3-yard run that gave the Packers a 17-14 lead in the fourth period.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, Ivo. If our offensive line plays like yesterday, we'll move the ball on them. If Capers puts the pressure on Cutler, he'll make mistakes and we'll win going away.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They beat Philly last month with Vick entering hot, and playing the whole game.

That was their only impressive win all season unless you call winning at Dallas one, or the ref's gift over us.

Still, they are formidable, and James Jones seems to like to fumble against them.

I hate Urlacher. He tried to take out Rodgers last year in Lambeau with a late hit. A few plays later, Urlacher's arm broke and his season ended there in game one.
If he messes with Aaron again, this time I hope Urlacher's knee or shoulder snaps. Those ******** have been lucky as hell all year long compared to our injuries, plus the refs game them the Lions game and our game. Two lucky NFC North wins.

Packers 45
Bears 17
You need to remember the Eagles were without Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, Ivo. If our offensive line plays like yesterday, we'll move the ball on them. If Capers puts the pressure on Cutler, he'll make mistakes and we'll win going away.

Im not worried but I am not going to go in and say the bears are garbage and are just lucky. I respect what they have done this season, minus the detroit game, because megatron got robbed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not worried but I am not going to go in and say the bears are garbage and are just lucky. I respect what they have done this season, minus the detroit game, because megatron got robbed.
The way I see it:
Are the bears a bad team? NO.
They are a good team, with a great D, amazing ST, and inconsistent, but talented O.

Are they lucky to be 11-4 and NFCN champions? Damn right. Too many games they got a lucky break. The only game I can think of where things didn't go their way was the NE game. In almost every other game, they got lucky.

Bad teams don't win on luck, that is sure.
But luck has A LOT to do with them being NFCN champions and being 11-4.

Reaction score
The way I see it:
Are the bears a bad team? NO.
They are a good team, with a great D, amazing ST, and inconsistent, but talented O.

Are they lucky to be 11-4 and NFCN champions? Damn right. Too many games they got a lucky break. The only game I can think of where things didn't go their way was the NE game. In almost every other game, they got lucky.

Bad teams don't win on luck, that is sure.
But luck has A LOT to do with them being NFCN champions and being 11-4.

Agree! I can't remember a team catching so many breaks in one season. The break of the schedule {i.e., non-conf: @ Carolina...we get Atlanta on the road; @ Buffalo.....then
@ Miami {one of the TWO supposedly TOUGH road opponents and they got to face a 3rd string QB....the other opponent, the Giants and they got their head handed to them, but THAT'S BEEN IT for tough road games}. The rest, @ Dallas {caught them early in the season when they were in complete disaray under Bum's "son," AND SO DID WE} but I have to give the Bears credit for going to Big D, still a difficult place to play, and NOT choking as I hoped they might do regardless as to how bad Dallas was playing. As mentioned, getting Philly {at home} with their key players out. And their D giving up 34 to the Jets {AT HOME}, yesterday? Yet of course, another close game that they always manage to "scum" out a W. HOW they lost close games to Seattle and Washington AT HOME without somehow finding a way to get W's is beyond me! The "gift" game vs Detroit and another close win @ Detroit and two wins against a very bad Viking team. Yes, they have caught A LOT of breaks, especially in the timing of who and when they play a team, Hester bailing them out constantly and players like Knox and Olsen making unbelieveable catches and their OL suddenly {Are they THAT GOOD or are they just NOT getting called much for holding?} looking like the Patriots OL. But their D has been solid for most of the year and their O just has NOT choked games like I expected them to. It kills me to say it because I hate the Bears, but you have to give them credit for what they have accomplished! That's a good record in the NFL, breaks in the schedule or not. They just didn't choke! Even my buddies who are die hard Bear fans still say it's a "smoke and mirror" offense they have and that when they do fall, they are going to fall hard. That I believe! Still despite all of OUR injuries and tough road opponents, we have beaten ourselves in most of the games with stupid penalties, missed field goals, turnovers, bad play calling, etc., but that's just part of football. Too bad it has happened to us and I hate sounding like a "homer," but we could/should be undefeated right now, imho, or at least with just a couple of losses. Let's just get to the playoffs and see what happens! I like our chances when we get there!

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think everyone needs to give the Bears a little but more credit than they are getting. Certainly they have had some lucky breaks, more than the Packers, but nonetheless it is them and not us that won the NFC North. They haven't had too many bad injuries, they've faced a few backup quarterbacks(Thigpen, Webb) but they have 11 wins, two more than we have.

Do I think the Packers are a better team than the Bears? You bet I do. The Packers dominated the Bears offensively and defensively in the meeting earlier this year and were it not for the fact we kicked to Hester(stupid) and shot ourselves in the foot with penalties, we certainly would have won the game. But those are not legitimate excuses. The Bears were smarter than us. Since then we seem to have resolved our penalty problems, but the special teams are still a disaster.

I've noticed that some people have mentioned that the Bears haven't beaten many good teams. Well, they beat the Eagles, the Jets and yes, the Packers. Their record is 3-2 against teams with winning records. The Packers are 3-3.

Again, I do believe that the Packers are the better team, and I hope my belief will become reality on Sunday. However, the Bears deserve a lot of credit. The defense has been very good, Cutler has cut down on the interceptions, Martz has made the offense quite efficient, and the special teams continue to be one of the best in the league with Gould and Hester. No one really gave the Bears a chance coming into the year. But they made a bunch of good moves and are now NFC North Champs.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't lose this game as the Bears will most likely take note of what happened in our Wild Card last year. I really dunno how to game plan for the same team twice if their objective is to flop on this game for the upper hand in the wild card.

EDIT: Just thought to myself. Bears flop against the Packers?! NOT A CHANCE! They wanna ruin our lives as much as they can!

Rodgers2Finley4TDs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
couldnt disagree more.

Urlacher "soft"? LOL yeah right. you should tell him that.
Theres a story of Urlacher trying to intimidate and fight MMA fighter Bas Rutten after Bas' stepped on his foot. When Urlacher tried to take him outside Urlacher's friends told him who Rutten was and he changed his tune immediately and apologized. urlacher is still a tough dude but I like to laugh at him for that one.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LIS, I still have that game on my DVR and have watched it over many times, with the slow-mo, etc.

Not only did the refs flag us an all-time record of 18 times, but 2 of them denied us interceptions in the 4th quarter (one by Barnett, the other Collins), and one of them denied us 7 points on the Rodgers to Finley TD.
All 3 of those calls were ticky-tacky and often wouldn't be flagged.

The Finley TD denied was a holding call on Tauscher against Peppers. There were 50 holds worse than that on both teams that game or any other game. Peppers didn't even whine or ask for a flag on the play.

The Barnett Int came when Zombo spun around and his helmet happened to hit Cuntler's chin, coincidentally. They have let Rodgers get hit worse than that many times with no calls.

And as I have showed before, Devin Hester's huge punt return touchdown, which was his first for a score in nearly 3 years, was benefited by one BLATANT block in the back and one normal block in the back. We always get flagged for those on our special teams, and on a night the refs were flag-happy on us, they cannot let that go. That touchdown saved the game for the Bears. They took away a touchdown from us on the BS call on Tauscher. This was 10x worse.

So yes, James Jones helped give it away, but the refs were clearly the stars of that game. But the Bears are playing better now, except against NE.

Green Bay Packers vs. Chicago Bears - Recap - September 27, 2010 - ESPN

We had more than 100 yards more than they did, despite the penalties.
We had more first downs, were 36-24 in time of possession, and we held their offense under 300 total yards. The 152 yards on penalties called against us, and 60 they let go on the Hester TD were too much to overcome. You can't expect a team to overcome all that BS.

DESPITE all those penalties on us, and ignored one on them, we almost won:

Urlacher popped the ball out of James Jones' hands after the receiver caught a pass from Aaron Rodgers near midfield. Tim Jennings recovered the ball, giving Chicago the ball on the Packers 46 with 2:18 remaining.

"Any time a play like that comes up, that's a play you need to make," the Packers' Nick Barnett said. "Luckily for them they didn't have any penalties on that call and they were able to get the ball."

Devin Hester delivered his first touchdown return in three years when he ran back a punt 62 yards in the fourth quarter, giving the Bears a short-lived 14-10 lead.Rodgers threw for 316 yards and a touchdown and also scored on a 3-yard run that gave the Packers a 17-14 lead in the fourth period.

Congratulations on your "Moral Victory" championship.
Maybe you can petition the NFL to see if they will award you the division title based on how many tears you cried.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Maybe you can petition the NFL to see if they will award you the division title based on how many tears you cried.

Keep smack in smack talk. Thanks

I've been waiting for the rematch with the Bears all year. Can't wait for this game.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What are you talking about?
I presented the facts from that first game.
You guys came out on top. Congrats on that.
But there was a lot of garbage that went into it. Deny it all you want. You won't get 3 games worth of them in January.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Bear team is very similar to the last one that rode special teams and defensive scoring to the Championship. In 2006 their offense was 10th in the league in scoring, but their defense was 1st in fewest points allowed. Hester was a rookie and scored 6 TDs on runbacks. Their special teams and defense scored 65 points, most in the league (wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLI )

Their luck ran out against the Colts that year.

This team ranks 18th in the league in scoring. They are 4th in points allowed.

And they'll be knocked out in the first round of the playoffs this year.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This Bear team is very similar to the last one that rode special teams and defensive scoring to the Championship. In 2006 their offense was 10th in the league in scoring, but their defense was 1st in fewest points allowed. Hester was a rookie and scored 6 TDs on runbacks. Their special teams and defense scored 65 points, most in the league (wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_XLI )

Their luck ran out against the Colts that year.

Wow.
Their "luck" ran out in the Super Bowl?
So being "lucky" will get you a 13 - 3 record, the # 1 defense, the # 1 Special Teams in the NFL and a trip to the Super Bowl I guess.

Then I hope that they are "lucky" again this year.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.
Their "luck" ran out in the Super Bowl?
So being "lucky" will get you a 13 - 3 record, the # 1 defense, the # 1 Special Teams in the NFL and a trip to the Super Bowl I guess.

Then I hope that they are "lucky" again this year.

I must agree, you don't win 13 games and make it to the Super Bowl on luck.

OP
OP
Justanobserver

Justanobserver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen, their pass defense sucks, against good QB's they give up tons of yards. That will not change in this game. Rodgers will have a field day. The run D is good, but that will not be a issue in this game.

Lovie Smith's D's tend to wear down towards the end of the season. That has been a trend his entire tenure.

As I said before this team is vastly overrated. The critique about them being pretenders is correct.

The D is weak. GB should destroy them. This game will be over by the end of the 2nd quarter.

It is like they are playing a prevent defense the entire game. It is a lame defense.

As long as the Packers don't play stupid this game is theirs.

I can't believe this team has won 11 games...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts