The packers

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No we won't. You never look down on the pack man. We have a pretty damn good QB, RB, and WR, and now with our defense plus the rookies we might have a better shot at the playoffs this season.

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks man. I really don't think we were bad last year, but the record doesn't say it. we lost most of our games really close, but this is a new year

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need to implement a panic button on this forum... I am sure it will get pushed many times over the next season and we will see more threads starts like this.

It is expected sadly...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sucks man. I really don't think we were bad last year, but the record doesn't say it. we lost most of our games really close, but this is a new year

defense makes 3 stops at the end of a game, pack were 9-7 and making a run for the division. enough said. this year the defense SHOULD greatly improve and everyone is coming back from injury. if not, then it will be another long season. it rests on the defense being able to close games once the offense gets enough of a lead.

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they'll do better than last year.

See, a big thing with the Packers is this:

We have a great QB, but he just hasn't gotten into the role yet.

I see that every year we will start doing better and better as Rodgers adapts better to the team.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seven losses by 4 pts. or less, to be exact. Five with a fourth quarter lead or tie.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW, I feel a lot better now.
We all should. Those close losses were due to:
- An inexperienced QB
- A defensive unit that couldn't put pressure late in games
- Bad field position, both on offense and defense.

Rodgers is one year more mature. The coaches and players says that, although they had confidence in him last year, this time he has credibility. That's the difference between a good and great quarterback. The team and coaches thrust him when it's on the line. And he has shown he has the talent.

The defense improved. Not only our injured players are back, we drafted 2 first rounders that will be imediate contributors, but most of all, we have a great DC, that offenses can't just gameplan against only 1 defensive scheme.

This is the part that excites me most (lol). We got rid of Frost! That alone would improve our ST game by MILES, but that's not all. Our former, awful, awful STC retired! So we got a guy that actually STUDIES teams and new forms of st plays. And that's not all! Look at our draft. Almost every player selected were standouts at ST!

-

So, that alone won't put us past the kinds of Pittsburgh or New England, but sure will take care of those close games. If you add 4,5 wins to last years record, you got a playoff team. If you add all those 7 losses, you got a SB contender...

-

BTW, 2 pages of replies for just an ignorant rant? wow...

shiftysdad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all should. Those close losses were due to:
- An inexperienced QB

I still would say inexperienced is the wrong word.

The guy should know enough about the game to have done better than he did.

I think the big problem is team integration as the leader; which, hopefully, is easily solved with time.

Members online

Latest posts