The Packers have my endorsement for the Giants game.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
a fan of America's Joke Team has a sense of humor? it fits

I thought that was the Jets?

Honestly I felt a bit bad for the Cowboys this year at times. They blew a lot of games I feel they could have won. Lions and Jets come to mind. Cardinals.

Romo is a tough guy and better then he gets credit for.

OP
OP
eric

eric

Hater gonna hate
Reaction score
Didn't you guys just barely win your division? You're here busting a Dallas fan's chops? Didn't they have the same shot at it you did in week 17?

Wow. Lol
Exactly, the fact that a team as sad as Dallas was in position to beat them out for the division means they aren't all that.

WarGiants

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, funny how the overall persona of many Packers fans have changed from Brett to Rodgers

Now the lot I'm referring to think their team can't be beat, and that a GB dynasty can't be denied.

Not judging all Packers fans, because the GB fan-base is one I truly respect and is one of the premier fan-bases in sports, but its just me making my own personal observation about what I've witnessed from alot of you folk over the years, peaking this year.

All I'll say is...we'll see how things play out.

Rodgers is great. Truly great. No one can deny that, but he is mortal and he isn't perfect. Your defense is nothing special.

Whether or not you guys think or (according to some) that your team is "more talented" or "much better" or the "makings of something special", they can still be beat.

Pats fans definitely thought the same way some of you are thinking now back in 07.

Giants have just as good a shot as any, to beat GB and it isn't as small as you guys might think. Matter fact, I'd give them a very legit shot. Confidence/momentum is a hell of a factor, and it should play a pivotal role this weekend.

Some or most of you might dismiss our SB win over the then-undefeated, unstoppable, history-changing NE Patriots as a fluke, but like the common saying says; "history has a way of repeating itself".

Now, my Giants very well might get blown out this weekend, but I wouldn't bet on it, we might lose a close contest which is very possible but I don't think it'll happen. I fully expect us to pull out the win. I'm not one for scores but somehow, someway, I expect the Giants to pull off the "upset".

Doubt I'm wrong but if I am, then so be it. But like I said, I doubt that I am.

W/ that said, good luck to your team, hopefully no injuries...

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, the fact that a team as sad as Dallas was in position to beat them out for the division means they aren't all that.
Packers had nothing to lose up to now.
Giants always did.

All the Giants fans who come in here need to keep themselves humbled.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
lol, funny how the overall persona of many Packers fans have changed from Brett to Rodgers

Now the lot I'm referring to think their team can't be beat, and that a GB dynasty can't be denied.

Not judging all Packers fans, because the GB fan-base is one I truly respect and is one of the premier fan-bases in sports, but its just me making my own personal observation about what I've witnessed from alot of you folk over the years, peaking this year.

Rodgers is great. Truly great. No one can deny that, but he is mortal and he isn't perfect. Your defense is nothing special.

Whether or not you guys think or (according to some) that your team is "more talented" or "much better" or the "makings of something special", they can still be beat.

Pats fans definitely thought the same way some of you are thinking now back in 07.

Giants have just as good a shot as any, to beat GB and it isn't as small as you guys might think. Matter fact, I'd give them a very legit shot. Confidence/momentum is a hell of a factor, and it should play a pivotal role this weekend.

Some or most of you might dismiss our SB win over the then-undefeated, unstoppable, history-changing NE Patriots as a fluke, but like the common saying says; "history has a way of repeating itself".

Now, my Giants very well might get blown out this weekend, but I wouldn't bet on it, we might lose a close contest which is very possible but I don't think it'll happen. I fully expect us to pull out the win. I'm not one for scores but somehow, someway, I expect the Giants to pull off the "upset".

Well look at you just saying yourself "Doubt I'm wrong" on a Packers forum.

I have absolutely zero clue as to why so many visiting Giants fans act as if the Packers fans are cocky. Giants fans have paraded around thumping their chests over their d line/2007 and about how hot they are and how they will pummel Rodgers into the ground. There is a difference between cockiness and confidence. I am sure fans of the defending SB Champs who have the first seed MIGHT have some quiet confidence. God forbid they don't!!!

Most of you also say your team will win or you think they can. On a Packers forum. So who is acting like 2007 Pats fans who were pretty much ordering their 19-0 books and shirts ahead of time?

The Giants fans that have been here for a few days have been nothing but arrogant at times IMO. You guys squeak out the division title at 9-7 and beat a horrible playoff team in the Falcons at home (and even in this game it took your offense a while to get going) and now all of a sudden ZOMG 2007 OUR D LINE ZOMG WE GONNA WIN AND GO ALL THE WAY AGAIN.

WarGiants

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well look at you just saying yourself "Doubt I'm wrong" on a Packers forum.

I have absolutely zero clue as to why so many visiting Giants fans act as if the Packers fans are cocky. Giants fans have paraded around thumping their chests over their d line/2007 and about how hot they are and how they will pummel Rodgers into the ground. There is a difference between cockiness and confidence. I am sure fans of the defending SB Champs who have the first seed MIGHT have some quiet confidence. God forbid they don't!!!

Most of you also say your team will win or you think they can. On a Packers forum. So who is acting like 2007 Pats fans who were pretty much ordering their 19-0 books and shirts ahead of time?

The Giants fans that have been here for a few days have been nothing but arrogant at times IMO. You guys squeak out the division title at 9-7 and beat a horrible playoff team in the Falcons at home (and even in this game it took your offense a while to get going) and now all of a sudden ZOMG 2007 OUR D LINE ZOMG WE GONNA WIN AND GO ALL THE WAY AGAIN.

Well in regards to me, from what I've witnessed from many GB fans on various boards, and in person, is that they believe their team is a LOCK to repeat. That irks me.

Then again, its probably perspective. You likely have been bothered by the same things that bother me in terms of fan arrogance. Saints fans anyone?

As for most of my fellow Giants mates on here, we're just ribbing ya...what, you Packers folk can't take some good-natured smack talk? Its all in fun.

If you think this is trash talk, then you haven't been on an NFCE board or interacted w/ too many NFCE fans.

Pats comparison applies much more to you guys then us considering your team is the heavy favorite much like the Pats were, w/ a record setting elite QB much like the Pats have, with a so-called "unstoppable offense" much like the Pats had.

So yea, saying "I expect my team to win", or even "we will win" and its just a gut feeling is in no way the same thing as "there's no chance of losing" or that the "chance is pretty much very slim to none".

No where will you find me saying that our team is a LOCK for anything. I just believe we will win this weekend. I'm not criticizing you guys for believing your team will win, that's what you should do, and I wouldn't expect anything less.

I'm simply making an observation regarding my personal experience with Packers fans in the Rodgers era.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just like the Ted haters stuck around blasting us, we now have the Giants

Last I checked this is a Packer forum...And OMG fans think the Packers will win...what a damn shocker..So please...VISITORS of the Giants, dont take it personal when a Packer fan doubts your team can win..

Because the Pack have just as good a shot as any, to beat the Giants (we did it once this year) and it isn't as small as you guys might think. Matter fact, I'd give them a very legit shot. Confidence/momentum is a hell of a factor, and it should play a pivotal role this weekend.

Just alter a few words, and that rant from the Giant fan can be used from a Packer fan

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude, as a Packer fan we are confident that our team can win, and we good reason to be. Few of us are expecting a blow-out. We respect the Giants. They played a strong game against the Falcons, showing weapons that were missing for pratically the whole season. Giants have the weapons to win--great pass rush, great QB, very good receivers, and now they have a running game. Only complete homers don't admit that those are the ingredients for a team to win in the playoffs.

It's not just Rodgers, though he is a large part of it. It's also our receivers--Jennings (who probably WILL be 100% despite some who are saying no), Nelson, Finley (who seemed to finally be cured of the dropped pass bug against the Lions), Jones, Driver, Cobb. It's also the fact that Rodgers had to play with a patchwork OL for most of the year and now finally we have our complete, healthy OL again. It's also the fact that Ryan Grant has looked much better the past several games and has given us a running threat again.

This team has weaknesses, our pass rush being the biggest one, but the passing attack is second to none, and we have enough weapons on our side to feel confident.

GiantsWorld

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't you guys just barely win your division? You're here busting a Dallas fan's chops? Didn't they have the same shot at it you did in week 17?

Wow. Lol

Wasnt the only reason you were even in the playoffs last season because of the Giants choking away a 21 point lead to the Eagles? Giants beat the Eagles, Packers arent there for their run. All you have to be is great at the right time. Well, its time.

Cowboys suck.

GiantFan inNH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
very true..although I can't imagine any self respecing NFL fan to thank the Eagles for anything short of providing humor

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt the only reason you were even in the playoffs last season because of the Giants choking away a 21 point lead to the Eagles? Giants beat the Eagles, Packers arent there for their run. All you have to be is great at the right time. Well, its time.

Cowboys suck.
This is kind of a ****** analogy bruh.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought that was the Jets?

Honestly I felt a bit bad for the Cowboys this year at times. They blew a lot of games I feel they could have won. Lions and Jets come to mind. Cardinals.

Romo is a tough guy and better then he gets credit for.

Jets are great as well - but they odn't refer to themselves as AMERICAS team. And their hype has only been as long as Rex Ryan has been here- Dallas and their fans hypes themselves up EVERY year. Since the superbowls they've had 1 win

I agree, I think Romo gets hated on too much but it is true - dude cannot just come through and win the big game.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

well between the injuries and the fact that we had to play the Packers and Saints durin reg season while u got the Lions and Buccs - the truth shall set you free. This year is already in the books as the Giants making a little run in the playoffs (how little is yet to be determined) while the Cowboys missed the playoffs - again

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its accurate though
No, we had no control over your team flopping, it had nothing to do with the Packers being "Great" at the right time in that case, it had everything to do with your team falling apart.

A better comparison would've been when we had to beat the Bears in the last week of the year to get in, which we did, some what like how the Giants had to win to get in this year.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, we had no control over your team flopping, it had nothing to do with the Packers being "Great" at the right time in that case, it had everything to do with your team falling apart.

A better comparison would've been when we had to beat the Bears in the last week of the year to get in, which we did, some what like how the Giants had to win to get in this year.

okay u seem to be as confused as ur avatar as a packer fan with a guy wearing a viking helmet
----

Wow. Lol​

Cowboys suck.

----

The point was how are u going to get on Giants fans for breaking Cowboys fans balls because we had to beat them week 17 when u guys backed in because of us last year. You guys were champs and we were an over achieving 10 win team and yet all it would of took was tiny thing to change for u guys to not even make the playoffs last year

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay u seem to be as confused as ur avatar as a packer fan with a guy wearing a viking helmet
----
Didn't you guys just barely win your division? You're here busting a Dallas fan's chops? Didn't they have the same shot at it you did in week 17?​
Wow. Lol​

Cowboys suck.

----

The point was how are u going to get on Giants fans for breaking Cowboys fans balls because we had to beat them week 17 when u guys backed in because of us last year. You guys were champs and we were an over achieving 10 win team and yet all it would of took was tiny thing to change for u guys to not even make the playoffs last year
You really are brain dead.

The argument that because X team lost in Y week is the only reason Z team is in the playoffs is stupid.
You could say that the only reason the Giants were in contention for the playoffs is because Dallas lost 1 of any of its losses this year.

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really are brain dead.

The argument that because X team lost in Y week is the only reason Z team is in the playoffs is stupid.
You could say that the only reason the Giants were in contention for the playoffs is because Dallas lost 1 of any of its losses this year.

no but seriously ur a packer fan with a viking in ur avatar

when everything is on the line is the games im referrig to. Regardless, to make a statement like it took us til week 17 to get in the playoffs is ridiculous seeing as how u were the 6th seed in the playoffs. Winning the division and sweeping the team came in second gives u bragging rights over them - especially if that team is the Dallas Cowboys

Members online

Latest posts