The Official "We Love Brett Favre" thread..

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is Brett Favre carrying this team?

My answer is a resounding YES.

Don't get me wrong. We have talent in places, and no one player can go it, or make it happen alone. That includes Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

But if it were not for the specific talents of one Brett Lorenzo Favre, the Packers wouldn't be where they find themselves today. Favre has made the plays that he's had to, and he is playing well. That's the number one reason why the Packers are where they are right now.

I find that amazing since many people (some even on this very forum) were calling for his retirement a few short months ago! Washed up..? Lost his arm strength? I think not...As Steve Young stated, "The Packers have finally put a TEAM around Brett Favre, he hasn't lost it", and I think, that you should all see by now that that is true.

I'm sure some people here even believe this would still be happening if we had Aaron Rodgers in there. But I say to those people, don't you believe it!

Nothing against Rodgers personally (he may be good someday, when his time comes), but lets give credit where credit is due. That is, to Brett Lorenzo Favre.

This team is not perfect. They are good in certain areas, but not great. People were saying we would be a top five defense this year, and we are not. Top ten...yes, perhaps. But I don't think, top five. Our running game has been suspect all year. But our pass protection has been pretty good, and our young receivers are emerging.

And all they do is win...

As the man himself said..."It's hard to doubt this team". What he's really saying, I think, is "We aren't a perfect team...we have some holes, and we are young. We make some mistakes....But it's hard to doubt this team when we find a way to win each week." And yes, maybe the fates, or destiny, has a hand in this team this year.

Here's to hoping that the magic carpet ride continues... :beer: :pals:

Here's to hoping that TT uses free agency (as Ron Wolf did) next year to make this Packer team even better, and here's to one Brett Lorenzo Favre.... :packbeer:

Don't take him for granted...because he's not going to be around for too much longer...we all know that!

But for now, Brett Favre is the Packers present, and the near future as well!

I think many have been hypercritical of Brett Lorenzo Favre lo these many years...

(Let's give the man some love..)

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you always use people's full names when talking about them? Sure his parents gave him Lorenzo, but that's more of a formal thing.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett Favre, he is an amazing player. But again its takes more then Favre to win, everyone has to be on the same page and play the best game they can. Then we will keep winning games.

OP
OP
F

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come we can give Greg Jennings love (and deservedly so..), but everybody gets uneasy when someone suggests that Favre gets a little too?

This is a very interesting question to me...

Granted, no one can do it alone and the team deserves some propers, but let's face it, Favre has been the x-factor throughout most of the season so far...

You all know it!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't disagree at all. I have said all along Favre still has "it". Without him, i'm pretty sure we wouldn't be 7-1 right now.
The guy is the heart of this team.
And to me, this ride can keep on going for the whole season!
Keep giving Favre the love, he has earned it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The Official 'We love Brett Favre' Thread" ?

I thought that's what this forum already was. It reminds me of when white people go "BET? Why isn't there a WHITE entertainment Television channel?" Because every other channel already is.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How come we can give Greg Jennings love (and deservedly so..), but everybody gets uneasy when someone suggests that Favre gets a little too?

Granted, no one can do it alone and the team deserves some propers, but let's face it, Favre has been the x-factor throughout most of the season so far...

You all know it!

I was ALWAYS for Favre, I know hes great and have said it for the past how many years even when our team wasnt that good and people here saying we should put Rodgers in. I said NOOOOOway on that one!! I knew Favre could still play he just didnt have the talent around him to get it done. And again its takes all the players to play great in order for us to win. And it takes the recievers to catch the balls FAvre throws to make Favre look good. Favre has always been on he just hasnt had recievers he could trust and have chemistry. Favre said it himself "you have to have chemistry with your recievers and an amount of trust". The recievers could run bad routes and that makes Favre look bad, which instead it was the recievers that ran the bad routes it wasnt Favre throwing the ball they were not just where they were suppose to be and that takes time like Favre says. And has Favre made mistakes? Of course he has just like every other QB out there hes not perfect. But I for one will always love Favre and YES he is the reason we are winning these games IMO, its his arm strength, its his attitude, its his competitiveness hes a great leader!! And yes he surely does deserve a thread like this and thanks for starting one!!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats a long rave lol.... I love Favre too, I cant read all that

LOL....sorry, Im not very good with words. Takes me millions of words to try to get what I am trying to say out there...Just ask Cheesy..LOL..he usually says what I am trying to say in a few sentences maybe he can help me out here..lol

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You all know it!

I think the Jennings thread was done just as a joke.

No one player makes a team. I think the defense has every bit to do with this start and the receivers have come up big. Not to mention Mike McCarthy and the job he's doing in Green Bay.

With that said Favre is the leader of this team. He's getting help since he has a great team but he's making some throws that are better than any throws any QB has made this year. Favre is the foundation and heart of this team.

As for the other stuff you said in your post. I think the Pack should do what they do because it's working.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

LOL....sorry, Im not very good with words. Takes me millions of words to try to get what I am trying to say out there...Just ask Cheesy..LOL..he usually says what I am trying to say in a few sentences maybe he can help me out here..lol
I read what you wrote Hedder.......doesn't need anything! You said it all, in a very well put way!

OP
OP
F

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sooo, I'm guessing Brett's middle name is Lorenzo?

Nope....it's Fred.

"Brett Fred Favre"...

(Lorenzo just sounds better trippingly off the tongue)

:thumbsup:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
brennan1884 said:

I read what you wrote Hedder.......doesn't need anything! You said it all, in a very well put way!

Thanks Cheesy!!

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the most amazing is after 16 seasons you woudn't of been able to tell that he was any more excited thrownig that td to kitrick Taylor his first game or the one to Jennings Sunday. That's why I love him

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the most amazing is after 16 seasons you woudn't of been able to tell that he was any more excited thrownig that td to kitrick Taylor his first game or the one to Jennings Sunday. That's why I love him

lol thats true.....the guy is one in 6 billion thats for sure, no one wil ever be like favre no matter how much they try to make it out that way.....hes like the michael jordan of football

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
154 Wins and Counting Baby !!! :packbeer:

Man, I love the way this guy has proved people wrong, time and time again !!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
brennan1884 said:

Thanks Cheesy!!
No problem Hedder! I was just speaking the truth!
Heck, Favre has given us enough good memories to last a lifetime. Hopefully he can add one more SB title to the mix!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

You all know it!

I was ALWAYS for Favre, I know hes great and have said it for the past how many years even when our team wasnt that good and people here saying we should put Rodgers in. I said NOOOOOway on that one!! I knew Favre could still play he just didnt have the talent around him to get it done.

I remember you sticking up for us who got mocked for sticking up for Favre as excuse makers. You were awesome. Never gave up on him.

Folks - this is why this thread is necessary, to undo all the trash against Farve over the summer.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks - this is why this thread is necessary, to undo all the trash against Farve over the summer.

You got off lucky Zombieslayer,

I have had to read all the anti-Brett digs since the team injury riddled season a couple of years ago right through the rebuilding process and I guarantee you that I still haven't heard enough "love" from these same people who were ready to cast Brett off so easily just awhile back.

Time to man up !!! "Ingrates" :wink:

Members online

Latest posts