The Official Packers VS Bears CLXXXVI

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too am looking forward to the game but I don't have much confidence missing as many players as the Bears are right now. I heard the milwaukee.com guy on Chicago radio today say he thinks the Bears will win but I don't think that'll be the case. Either way we always play each other tough so just hoping for a good game. GO BEARS!

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Bears had a very light practice today due to the injuries. Cutler will play but I'm not confident he'll last the game, especially with Matthews gunning for him.

Full strength, weakened by injuries, I don't care, just give us the win and the division.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Was reading profootballtalk, and was happy about the two vocal people of this game. Rodgers who said he would want a healthy Urlacher to compete with. And a rather loud Brandon Marshal who really dislikes the Packers for dissing him. Who sounds like the better guy? Remember folks its the fans that support the players, and who you support reflects off you.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a big one boys, last Bears Packers game EVER, last packers game ever for that matter. World is ending, wonder if it is a Bears victory that causes the world to end.

In all seriousness I will never be confident no matter how many injuries there are to the Bears if we are playing them in Soldier Field. If they lost so many guys and had to use the Chicago High School all stars I would not be confident going into the game. Should be a good one, will be focusing on Marshall v Williams Rd 2 all day.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
...I want the Packers to beat the Bears while they're at full strength.
I do too, but would only want to play them at their full strength if we were also at our full strength. Right now we're not so I say let the best players available take the field and may the better team (that day) win.

Okay screw that, let the Packers win with large amounts of humiliation and frustration for their hometown fans!

Picture it:

Team goes 7-1.
Fans are delerious with cries of the Super Bowl. How could they not be? Their team just butchered the likes of the Jags, Dallas, and other teams.
Team suddenly falls to 8-5.
Concern mounts.
Calls for Lovie's head begin in ernest.
One last shred of hope left. The last home game of the season for their beloved Bears, against their most-hated opponent.
"Please deliver us a victory" they pray. "Beat the Pack, win the division, we dreamed about it..."

Game day. Pack comes in with a vengeance. ********'s head is still reeling due to the neck injury.
Bad throws.
Interceptions.
That freak named Matthews.
Sacks.
Marshall angry at our secondary.
Loss.

Chaos.

And rising above it all, like a Phoenix from the ashes, is the PackFan In ChiTown. Holding his Packers flag high. Waving it deleriously. Bellowing incessantly in the faces of all the Bear fans around him about the superiority of his team compared to theirs.

Anarchy.

Okay so maybe that's just a personal dream.

Just win baby. :D

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Da Bears. I love the Bears. Not like I love the Packers, mind you. Rather that I love they exist and are part of (to me) one of the greatest rivalries in the sporting kingdom: Packers vs. Bears.

Imagine the world without the Bears... No Halas vs. Lombardi. No history or nostalgia. No 185 games head-to-head and counting. As shown by the fanatic above who had this entire week labeled on his calendar as "Bear Week", this is not just another game. It's an event that is highly anticipated each and every year-- twice a year in fact.

And more amazingly, it often doesn't matter where these two teams are in the standings. They both could be fighting for the top, as is happening today, OR both or one team could be bottom dwellers-- as happened frequently throughout the decades. Standing do not need to matter. But, the rivalry always matters.

Doesn't mean that I don't love saying, "Bears suck".

But I give great respect to the team and it's history and to the city of Chicago.

That being said, Packers 30, Bears 24.

Go Pack.

Bears suck.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears have one threat and that is Marshall. Period. Forte lost a step due to injury and can not get outside any more. Packers will have no problem adjusting to this one dimensional team. BTW, bears defense is continues to degrade as well. It's so ez to be a packer fan in Chicago !
This is what Sundays are all about !!!!!!!!! Packers 27 Bears 13
Found out that Gould their K is out also. Not familiar w/their backup.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Prediction time.
I see the opposition as hinging their entire season on this game. Win, and it is still game on. Lose, and it is time for the post-mortem; pack the jerseys away until July; delay the New Orleans trip a week. Who needs the SB when you can have Mardi Gras anyway? The only ones to still harbor realistic post season hope would be the simple and the marketers.
As my granpappy was fond of saying: don't go into the bear's den while he can still lick his wounds. That said, I don't see much good coming out of this. The Packers defense still has not proven it can stop an average offense that can both run and pass at a level better than pathetic. I am not sold the running game is fixed nor in the offensive line being able to block consistently. Throw in a turnover or two and the crappy field. I feel like a turncoat but foresee a 31-17 Packer loss. If it comes to pass, there will also be a large consumption of alcoholic beverages during and after the game.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears will play stiff for a while but the effects of attrition will set in by the mid second quarter. Packers will win 30 -14 going away. With this loss the Bears crumple and don't make the playoffs, replaced by the Redskins.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Agree with Weeds and Thankx though. Any time the Bears lose it's a riot to tune into post game Chicago radio. Those guys are harder on the Bears than any Packer fan. Seriously entertaining. That Chicago station is on my presets in my car.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
******** is getting the excuses ready already.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/14/report-jay-cutler-has-sprained-mcl/

In addition to the neck injury that forced quarterbackJay Cutlerfrom the Chicago Bears loss to the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday, Cutler also suffered a knee injury that appeared on the injury report Wednesday.

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Cutler has a sprained medial collateral ligament. Per the report, the injury is not nearly as severe as the MCL injury that sidelined him during the 2011 NFC Championship game.

The Bears did not hold a full practice on Wednesday but the injury report stated Cutler would not have practiced if they had. He returned to limited participation in practice on Thursday and is expected to fully participate on Friday.

Head coach Lovie Smith said Thursday hehas no concernsfor Cutler’s availability for Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was reading profootballtalk, and was happy about the two vocal people of this game. Rodgers who said he would want a healthy Urlacher to compete with. And a rather loud Brandon Marshal who really dislikes the Packers for dissing him. Who sounds like the better guy? Remember folks its the fans that support the players, and who you support reflects off you.

What about Finley saying the Bears would be better off without Urlacher? Yeah, they're real saints. :rolleyes: Brandon Marshal said he didn't like them because they were talking trash saying they could cover him one on one when in reality they had triple coverage on him. He said Coach Capers was the real MVP for his game plan. You know, I know, Brandon Marshal knows, and the Packers organization knows they can't cover him one on one. It's why they game planned that way which was very smart.

GOBEARS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Da Bears. I love the Bears. Not like I love the Packers, mind you. Rather that I love they exist and are part of (to me) one of the greatest rivalries in the sporting kingdom: Packers vs. Bears.

Imagine the world without the Bears... No Halas vs. Lombardi. No history or nostalgia. No 185 games head-to-head and counting. As shown by the fanatic above who had this entire week labeled on his calendar as "Bear Week", this is not just another game. It's an event that is highly anticipated each and every year-- twice a year in fact.

And more amazingly, it often doesn't matter where these two teams are in the standings. They both could be fighting for the top, as is happening today, OR both or one team could be bottom dwellers-- as happened frequently throughout the decades. Standing do not need to matter. But, the rivalry always matters.

Doesn't mean that I don't love saying, "Bears suck".

But I give great respect to the team and it's history and to the city of Chicago.

That being said, Packers 30, Bears 24.

Go Pack.

Bears suck.

AMEN...except for the score and the Bears Suck part :D

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Just like the first meeting this season, it will be all about how much pressure culter gets put on him. We all know that he folds up like a lawn chair under pressure and just a couple sacks or good knock downs will cause him to get trigger happy and that will lead to picks. 7 sacks last time, I hope for at the least 5 this time. With the way our secondary has been ball hawking, I see ol' jay cuntler tossing 2 picks. The picks and sacks should be enough to rattle his cage enough for another sideline melt down and for his blame game to start flowing out of his dumpster.
I don't want to hear that injury BS from bears fans either, we have been torn apart by the injury bug this season and still managed a respectable record. The only guy we get back this week is Clay, he is a huge pick up, but we are still down by multiple weapons, so we are just as injured up as they are.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What about Finley saying the Bears would be better off without Urlacher? Yeah, they're real saints. :rolleyes: Brandon Marshal said he didn't like them because they were talking trash saying they could cover him one on one when in reality they had triple coverage on him. He said Coach Capers was the real MVP for his game plan. You know, I know, Brandon Marshal knows, and the Packers organization knows they can't cover him one on one. It's why they game planned that way which was very smart.
In the words of Briggs, he's an idiot. Everybody over here knows it. Thus nobody over here pays attention to what he says. It's just a way to get the Pack on tv. You guys haven't figured out that Marshall is a dope yet. That's the difference.

I for one would like to see where our guys said 1 on 1, because as far as I know, Marshall is a dope. All juiced up on ******.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
AMEN...except for the score and the Bears Suck part :D

One of my favorite memories of watching the Packers vs. Bears happened back in the 80's:

The Packers were horrible this season, as they normally were during this decade and the one before. However, they somehow managed to battle the mighty Bears to a 6-6 tie right up to the end of the game. The Packers got the ball close enough to try a game-winning FG, but the Bears blocked it. However, the ball deflected right back to the kicker (Chester Marcol) who caught it and ran in for the winning TD.

I still remember Marcol dancing in the end zone. He wore thick-rimmed glasses and looked like a dork. But, that dancing dork gave us Packer fans one highlight to remember in an otherwise very dismal season.

Go Pack.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Bears-Packers game except there will be more cheap shots, silly penalties, and a lot of extra curriculars due to all the trash talking. Too bad because it has been pretty much just plain football for the last 20 years. Now you have players like Marshall and Finley opening their mouth.
Let's hope we can maintain our focus on the game at hand and at all costs just protect Rodgers from any injury. We can lose players and still put up a fight against anyone. We lose him and we're a high school team.

Latest posts