The Official Packers VS Bears CLXXXVI

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Made this the official Packers and Bears thread. Never too early to start this!!! Go PACK Go! As always with their meeting it's going to be an intense game to say the least especially because both teams are still in contention to take the division. The Packers can clinch it with a win but the Bears are probably not going to go quietly into the night. Cutler should be back but so should Clay and Woodson for us. I'm hoping to see a continuation of last week with improvements for the O-Line, running game/ run block, and defense (secondary and corners). Last weeks game was huge in terms of how strong this team has become and the potential. I never like to openly predict the outcome of divisional games but I'm feelin it. Lets bust out the 12-gauge, eat some cheese and hunt some dang bears. It is time.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree, feeling pretty confident of a win here. Bears feel over rated to me and I think Cutler fears the Bloodline. Also, my obnoxiuos Bears-fan friends need some more karma.

OP
OP

12theTruth

The Bears will be fighting for their playoff lives. Mike Tice may be play calling plays with his job on the line. Although Lovie Smith tends to be very loyal. We will get a heck of a battle. I will be so personally overly psyched for this game I don't think I'll be able to watch this one on TV. :sick:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears will be fighting for their playoff lives. Mike Tice may be play calling for his job these last 3 weeks. We will get a heck of a battle. I will be so personally overly psyched for this game I don't think I'll be able to watch this one on TV. :sick:

I think the Bears will make the playoffs but the Packers should still win the division even if we don't clinch on Sunday.

Fishwhisper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears have one threat and that is Marshall. Period. Forte lost a step due to injury and can not get outside any more. Packers will have no problem adjusting to this one dimensional team. BTW, bears defense is continues to degrade as well. It's so ez to be a packer fan in Chicago !
This is what Sundays are all about !!!!!!!!! Packers 27 Bears 13

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like seeing that gould is out for the season. I also heard that the bears had some qb's in for a workout this week which sounds kinda strange considering they have 3....unless something is up with Cutler that we don't know about. I also love that Urlacher is out because he is always a stud vs the pack.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
This will be a very exciting game, and normally I'd say close, but we get healthy, and they just had a bunch of guys drop like flies, so I see at least a 13 point spread. It's only that close because it's in their house

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am also thrilled that Urlacher won't be there. That guy has always had a knack for coming up with big Ints, or hits on the QB, against us.
Also, Robbie Gould is clutch. Hopefully the new guy won't be, or actually hopefully he doesn't even get any big opps.

Here's why I am worried.
We should be favored by about 7. Anywhere from 6 to 8 points......
But we are only favored by 3.
So that's going to bring the heavy majority of public money to go on the Packers. I'd say at that number, 80% will bet on the Packers.

That means if the Packers cover, Vegas loses.

Vegas doesn't usually lose.
I want to see us favored by 7 or more.

H

HardRightEdge

The Bears are headed backward fast, losing 4 of their last 5 once they got to the tough part of their schedule.

Cutler has the neck thing...that was a nasty hit. Urlacher, Jennings and Bennett are out. Melton and Paea are iffy. They just put Gould on IR and signed Olindo Mare. They just put two of their best kick coverage guys on IR (Cobb watch).

This is an opportunity to put the Division away. There's blood in the water. A loss here, barring some freak occurrences...I won't even finish that sentence for fear of what I'd say.

The only thing you can say for the Bears is they're fighting for their playoff lives. SEA looks to be in the drivers seat for the first WC with games at BUF and at home against STL. CHI lost to DAL surrendering that tie breaker, and they've won 4 of their last 5. WASH is coming on hard, provided RGIII is fit to play. We await news as to whether WASH pulls a Strasburg and shelves him. That second Wild Card is up for grabs.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am also thrilled that Urlacher won't be there. That guy has always had a knack for coming up with big Ints, or hits on the QB, against us.
Also, Robbie Gould is clutch. Hopefully the new guy won't be, or actually hopefully he doesn't even get any big opps.

Here's why I am worried.
We should be favored by about 7. Anywhere from 6 to 8 points......
But we are only favored by 3.
So that's going to bring the heavy majority of public money to go on the Packers. I'd say at that number, 80% will bet on the Packers.

That means if the Packers cover, Vegas loses.

Vegas doesn't usually lose.
I want to see us favored by 7 or more.

At Chicago is automatic 3 points...Reality the Packers at home would be 6

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
As much as I'd like to see the Pack completely and utterly humiliate the Bears - because it is so fun listening to the Chicago sports talk stations after a Packer win over the Bears...I'm calling for the usual knock-down drag out intra-divisional blood bath that is usually the case. A coin-flip on who wins or loses.

For me, it's not like it used to be. I no longer despise the Bears organization because they came into Lambeau at the end of the 2010 season, not needing to "play" to win the division. Still, they came in and played to win. We all know how that turned out, but, I gained a ton of respect for Lovie and that organization that day. They respected the rivalry. I'm not pleased that Urlacher is out ... say what you want about the guy but he is a Hall of Famer and a class act on the field. The guy never needed to play dirty...never "after-the-whistle" hi-jinks ... in much the same way I WANT the Packers to have to beat the Giants on the way to winning the Super Bowl...I want the Packers to beat the Bears while they're at full strength.

Now... Bears fans. That is a different matter all together. :) There is nothing bad enough that can happen to 'their team' in the course of losing to the Packers. Anything that makes a Bears fan miserable during that 3 hours is absolute Nirvana in my world. Whereas, perhaps I don't see the Bears sucking...their fans are a different matter. Heh heh heh ... I need to hear that whining on Chicago radio.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cutler is playing on Sunday,so fans don't call him a baby for neck injury,but he really shouldn't he gets hit hard and he may be done for the rest of season and maybe even playoffs,I bring this up because it shows what the packers are made of,we have had our regular guys out for a few weeks our rookies have been good maybe not great but good.They had some tough games and we still won bears will not do that reason being not enough playing time but Peppers and company will help just think our running game will wear out the d-line and weather permitting passing game will be there,our d-line will do a good job of keeping bears run game down and thik they will stop Marshall and Jefferys,think we win 37-20 thats if Cutler stays in if not think we win big.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got my token Bears fan coming over to watch the game, to ensure a Packers victory. I think that the Bears are a different defense without Urlacher. Much like the Packers losing Matthews, there may be other playmakers for Chicago's defense (Peppers, Briggs, Tillman) but Urlacher is the heart. I think that MM will continue to tinker with the running game, with Rodgers pulling out his magic rabbit as required to win.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, it's not like it used to be. I no longer despise the Bears organization because they came into Lambeau at the end of the 2010 season, not needing to "play" to win the division. Still, they came in and played to win. We all know how that turned out, but, I gained a ton of respect for Lovie and that organization that day. They respected the rivalry. I'm not pleased that Urlacher is out ... say what you want about the guy but he is a Hall of Famer and a class act on the field. The guy never needed to play dirty...never "after-the-whistle" hi-jinks ... in much the same way I WANT the Packers to have to beat the Giants on the way to winning the Super Bowl...I want the Packers to beat the Bears while they're at full strength.
Couldn't agree more. Lovie is a class act and Urlacher is the neighbor's wife that I covet. That said, what struck me more about this post was the Giants comment. They have become our 1990s Dallas Cowboys.

There is a bitter taste that has never left my mouth, because Green Bay never beat Cowboys when they were at the top of their game, and never in Dallas. Oh sure, we beat the Cowboys in 1997 en route to our second Super Bowl but coach Jimmy Johnson was long gone. Emmitt and Irvin were starting to sustain injuries, drugs/parties/etc, and the team was beginning to pull apart at the seams. You want to deliver the crushing blow to your opponent when it matters. Nobody gives credit for bayoneting the wounded.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im kind of sad about Urlacher too. One of my favorite non packer players. He's never once been part of something I was pissed about being dirty, or late hit, or anything. A good wholesome guy who always is in the right place at the right time against the packers and has made some big plays against us. It always seems less rewarding to score a TD on a bears D that doesnt have #54 dropping deep down the middle in Tampa 2.

If we can get a good whallop on Cutler early I think that might either heavily damper his ability to throw accurately ( INT INT INT ). Or take him out of the game bringing in Jason "Im not sure if I can throw 15 + yds in the air" Campbell, either way I dont think the bears without cutler, half a forte, 1 real WR, and half their defensive stars out can hang with GB. Im hoping something like 31 -20 where Rodgers comes out and drops bombs on the opposing team for the first time for a while. But seeing as its the bears Ill say something closer to 24-20

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm with weeds preferring a Bears team at full strength. I hope Matthews and Woodson get some snaps and hope the Packers get a repeat of last game with no injuries. I see DT Jordan Miller was added to the active roster - I'm guessing that means CJ Wilson will be inactive again. As disappointed as I was last season in Wilson's play and although he doesn't get pressure on the QB, he does excel vs. the run. BTW, Miller was with the Bears last season, it'll be interesting to see if he gets any snaps.

weeds, have you heard any Bears radio this week? The hosts sound like pouty and petulant children already anticipating a loss - hope they're right.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have consulted with the Oracle and she has spoken these words to be true:

Packers 30, Bears 14

Matthews 3 sacks
Haywood, Woodson, Shields all get 1 INT
Crosby 3/4 on FGs
Cobb kickoff return TD.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so stoked for this weekend.

GO PACK GO!

I've had this week marked on the calendar in my office since the schedule came out. My "Bear-Free Zone" posters are up outside my office too.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

P.S. The Bears still suck

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any sympathy for the Bears. When I start feeling a tiny bit that way I remember William "The Refrigerator" Perry.

Members online

Latest posts