The Night we finally gave up ?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what you all think but I wonder if all those close games with losses finally just got to the Packers. There seemed to be no spark at all. I am usually one to see a silver lining in almost anything but I can't find one here. Are we really finished for the season ?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was bad on national TV. No life on Defense. Harris had his worst night.
Now I expect no one to be ready on Christmas or they are fired up. They just did not care and that had to hurt those who traveled to the game more than the rest of us.

They play like they don't care about having a good paying NFL job.

First looks at Herron and Rodgers. It should dispell any notion those fools calling for more Rodgers for weeks were right.

WORST LOSS IN THE HISTORY OF MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL !!!

That does not earn an invitation to appear next year.

Those who want to tank games for a high priced draft choice like Ryan Leaf, Tony Mandarich, or Lawrence Phillips, got what they wanted. Hope your proud of your team.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the most pitiful performance since ~2002 when they were blown out by the Jets when going for homefield advantage. Just a joke today...ridiculous...make 'em walk home!

OP
OP
W

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope I am wrong but there seemed to be an overall "apathy" for lack of a better word and I don't see the fire anymore this season. :cry:

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
I hope I am wrong but there seemed to be an overall "apathy" for lack of a better word and I don't see the fire anymore this season. :cry:

Well, and really, what's the point? It's not like they are going for the playoffs.

TT should get in the lockerroom and tell each player that their jobs are on the line and if they expect to come back next year they'd better play their hearts out for the next 2 weeks.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe tonite was just an anomoly...at least I hope. Not even sure what else to say...they just didn't give a $hit, and it showed. Fergy not coming over to help block for DD, Clifton letting the DE blow by him and make the final sack/fumble/TD on Rodgers...dropped balls, short arming possible TDs...wow, what a joke!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Winnipeg is right...this dud of a game came out of left field...the Pack had been playing very inspired football prior to today.

But you're right rabid...as wolf would say, there are some NFL europe players on this roster who need to be greatful for these next 2 weeks. If they can't make it on a 3-11 team, then they better get ready to play on a 50 yard field or up in Canada.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
The POINT rabid is "up until now, we were playing to win" playoffs or not.

I wasn't asking what YOUR point was. I was just saying that maybe the team figured out that whether they win or lose nothing is going to change so why even bother. They are the ones probably asking, "what's the point?"

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You play to win no matter what your record is. This is the time that you really find out the character of your players. Anyone can be a professional when things are going right.
They have plenty of time to do nothing after New Years.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You play to win no matter what your record is. This is the time that you really find out the character of your players. Anyone can be a professional when things are going right.
They have plenty of time to do nothing after New Years.

The viking's hearts must have just dropped after watching this game. Writing is on the wall for "Bears, '05 NFC North champs."

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MIKE SHERMAN HAS LOST THIS TEAM!

HE SHOULD BE THE ONE WALKING HOME AFTER THIS ONE...IN A DRESS! NOT ONE *** CHEWING DID I SEE EITHER..DEFEAT WAS WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM!

JUST TUCKED HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS AND HID UNDER THE PORCH!

(Maybe some of you can understand what Favre has been dealing with all season because this has been what has been going on more or less since the season has started. The only ones playing with heart have been Favre, Driver, and Gado...pitiful...)

DO YOU THINK LOMBARDI WOULD HAVE LET THEM QUIT?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
MIKE SHERMAN HAS LOST THIS TEAM!

HE SHOULD BE THE ONE WALKING HOME AFTER THIS ONE...IN A DRESS! NOT ONE *** CHEWING DID I SEE EITHER..DEFEAT WAS WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM!

JUST TUCKED HIS TAIL BETWEEN HIS LEGS AND HID UNDER THE PORCH!

(Maybe some of you can understand what Favre has been dealing with all season because this has been what has been going on more or less since the season has started. The only ones playing with heart have been Favre, Driver, and Gado...pitiful...)

DO YOU THINK LOMBARDI WOULD HAVE LET THEM QUIT?

This is absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea how anyone (anyone but you that is) put that on the coach.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SHUT UP [email protected] was wondering when you'd come and troll around. Give it a frickin' rest.

MS kept together a turd of a team for 13 games, and for whatever reason, tonite the team threw in the towel. Brett wasn't exactly lighting it up tonite either, missing some open targets on the few ocassions when someone was getting open. THe whole team sucked today, it wasn't JUST MS. Give it a frickin' rest.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I THINK A FEW PEOPLE (WHO HAVE PLAYED THE GAME HERE) COULD UNDERSTAND IT!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Understand what?!? That there is more to the game than one guy...that being MS? Your buddy Bates sure did a stellar job getting the defense to play today. Mind you he was going up against perennial pro bowler in Kyle Boller.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Listen Pack, I'm sure you were some kind of all star in middle school but that doesn't make your opinion any more valid. I also tend to dismiss the arguments of anyone who is so one-minded. Try to say something original and maybe you'll be able to convince some people you're right otherwise I'm never going to agree with anything you say because it's absolutely based on nothing other than your irrational hatred of Mike Sherman.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TO..

You mean "rational" hatred...

A good coach..like a good Seargeant, should make you want to go to war for him...no matter what the stakes were...

TO LAY IT ALL ON THE LINE....

I've never seen that in Mike Sherman..therefore..I've never liked him...

But it is "rational"...

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I meant irrational. There's not liking a guy as the coach of your team but you seem to have some sort of personal vendetta against/obsession with him. It's quite strange and not rational in the slightest.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So sue me...

I guess I just don't like "losers" coaching the Green Bay Packers....

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did MS give you wedgies as a kid, [email protected] maybe steal your milk money?!? I just don't understand your HATRED for the guy...how every thought running through your head relates to how MS intentionally and single-handedly f'd up the entire Packer organization, and how it is inconceivable to post something whether it be about the weather forecast, or the screen pass, w/out blaming him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts