The NFL is fixed...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gopackgo4 said:
packinsteel and cheesy thank you for watching the right game idk what those other people were watchin sayin that it was fixed

Thanks gopack!
I think it's a case of "sour grapes." For whatever reason, some people think that ONLY the refs were responsible for Pittsburgh winning. Like i said, the refs didn't score a single point. I still say Rothlesberger's TD was legit. The nose of the ball broke the plane before he hit the ground. And to say the ref didn't call it IMMEDIATLY when he saw it break the plane doesn't mean he didn't see it before he put his arms up. To me, i'd MUCH rather have the guy take a second to make sure he saw it go over, and not just throw his arms up right away. After all, it was the SUPER BOWL! So, his taking a second to make his decision means he didn't SEE it till Ben hit the ground and pushed the ball over? I don't see it that way. It was a close call, for sure......but i still think it was right. If you take away all 7 points, it STILL wasn't enough to hand Seattle the win. (And who's to say the Steelers wouldn't have made it on 4th down, or at least got 3 points?) The thing is, it's over. It won't be changed, just like SB 32 isn't going to be changed, so why get high blood pressure over it? I have refed high school football, and i had one call like that. The ball was caught in the endzone, i called it a touchdown, and the losing coach chewed me out for the rest of the game! And he lost 70-0!!! So.....like taking 7 points off that would have mattered??? (The guy came up to me after the game and apologized)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOL!!! I know......i'm a little long winded some time. Everything said in this thread is just different opinions. And those that disagree with me have every right to do so. I don't say i know it all, i just "call it as i see it." So PLEASE, anyone who sees it different then i do, it's NOT an attack on you. We just see what happened in this particular game differently.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is gettin real :cane:! j/k good comments/observations by everyone. here's to the off-season sparring!!

gopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got one more thing to say if you read sports illustrated they have an article about how the officiating wasnt bad and they talk about the controversial plays

Members online

Latest posts