The NFL has no business punishing NFL Players off the field.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is amazing.... I mean, what is this country coming too. How can a sports writer (If She is that indeed.) write this stuff.

I am sick of it... It is always the same people *****ing over and over about rights. The A.C.L.U., Rev. Jackson, David Duke, The Ruby Ridge gang.... They are all the same. It is all about our right to be an idiot.

www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-hill3105oct31,0,7775987.column?coll=orl-sports-col

Sorry Ryan... I have not figured this out- Scroll over link in the above blank space.

Why not all of us just do the right thing all the time?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The NFL has no business punishing NFL Players off the fi

fixed.

Raider-

just throw these url tags before and after the link like this

www.nfl.com[//url] remove one of...ll look like this. [url]http://www.nfl.com

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: The NFL has no business punishing NFL Players off the fi

Like it or not, the players in Minnesota were on their personal time and whatever happened on the boat was between consenting adults.
That very well may be - and I've done my share of skinny-dippin' in my day - right in Lake Geneva...but.... It was a private party where ALL knew what it was all about.

The fact that they (the Luv Boat) didn't have the common sense to privatize the event, but instead made it public was where they transgressed. That made it "as something" being forced on others without their agreeing to it - and THAT's what that law is about. If they'd have had a small discussion with the all on the boat, it would have been a different day.

The writer uses certain incidents as extremes to prove a point and it is effective.
She glosses over the Ron Artest incident as far as I'm concerned, tho'

Ron Artest ws provoked and every one of you would have NOT stood there and took it. Trust me on that. The treatment of the players 'by the Detroit Piston fans' was something NO city should ever try to be proud of - but as in most cases, censorship is truly involved in that ordeal...

Personally, I know all I was thinking about after that was whatever Artest was about to put on after the game... ya right..... that's where the writer trips the light fantastic.

Holmgren may be having a knee-jerk reaction, but it still shows how much he fears for the safety of his Team.

What I get out of that article... is we have a writer here, who would most likely do a complete 180 once she found herself in the shoes of the other person.... and it's what I look for in people - whether they got the guts to wear the other guy's shoes... before they mouth off, or whatever...

Mostly, this is just a rant.... which won't go very far at all.

Members online

Latest posts