The Next Pack CEO?

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070602/PKR01/70602013/1989

Packers seek CEO: What's needed? Who fills bill?

The Green Bay Packers are in the midst of one of the messiest transfers of power in their 89-year history. The ouster of John Jones only four days before he was to take over as team chairman and chief executive officer — after almost eight years of grooming for the jobs — will go down as an embarrassing episode in the team’s administrative history. But whatever the temporary black marks from the past week, there will be no shortage of candidates around the NFL coveting the chance to succeed Bob Harlan as the top man for one of the most storied and most loved teams in professional sports....

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WHO WILL BE THE NEW PACK CEO?

I nominate the well known legendary packer fan, established writer TOPHAT!

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ZERO & ***** GAMES: CULTURE UPBRINGING

I nominate the well known legendary packer fan, established writer TOPHAT!

Regretfully, I cannot accept lacking "jock" established credentials. BUT I appreciate the "kid's" quick reaction with a forum's endorsement "using a previous personal quote?" acknowledgement of my credentials. Wait...was that a sarcastic competitive American thing at a poor joke? I am not sure? I just used a cliche, a French word. Is there no way, APC?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IS THAT TWO, MIKE??

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: COMPARABLE POLL

ANOTHER PACKER NATION'S COMPARABLE POLL:

Who should be the new CEO of the Green Bay Packers?

Seahawks' HC Mike Holmgren 61

Packers VP of player finance Andrew Brandt 58

Titans’ head of football operations Mike Reinfeldt 55

Other 11

Falcons president and GM Rich McKay 8

Bucs GM Bruce Allen 5

Ken Herock 3

Packers VP administration and corporate counsel Jason Wied 1

Did Jason Wied vote for himself??

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: RIGHT AS USUAL

Green_Bay_Packers said:
SADLY, I HATE ALWAYS BEING RIGHT, ESPECIALLY ABOUT HUMAN NATURE.

u hate being a ****head ?

Easy easy. It's obvious I have gotten to him on a very sensitive level which is causing this elderly person to act immature. Let the user continue to lash out. We will benefit from it in the end when he continues and steps over the line of no return.

Until then. Let's try to stick to the topic. Although I do wonder why an established writer who documents themselves as a legendary well known Packer fan can't write up articles on their own? I mean its not hard to post other peoples work (ive done it many many times) but to then only to offer the 'FANS' personal attacks?

Let's get some of TOPHAT's actual writings up here.
Less posting of other peoples work.
More posting of your own words of wisdom.

I know I'm not the only who wants to see what this legendary, well known Packer fan can do with his established writing skills.

So how about it TOPHAT? Think you could do some actual writing of your own? Or do all you have to offer is posting others work and elementary bitter comments?

I'm excited to see what follows. Are you?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: RIGHT AS USUAL

Green_Bay_Packers said:
TOPHAT said:
SADLY, I HATE ALWAYS BEING RIGHT, ESPECIALLY ABOUT HUMAN NATURE.

u hate being a ****head ?

Easy easy. It's obvious I have gotten to him on a very sensitive level which is causing this elderly person to act immature. Let the user continue to lash out. We will benefit from it in the end when he continues and steps over the line of no return.

Until then. Let's try to stick to the topic. Although I do wonder why an established writer who documents themselves as a legendary well known Packer fan can't write up articles on their own? I mean its not hard to post other peoples work (ive done it many many times) but to then only to offer the 'FANS' personal attacks?

Let's get some of TOPHAT's actual writings up here.
Less posting of other peoples work.
More posting of your own words of wisdom.

I know I'm not the only who wants to see what this legendary, well known Packer fan can do with his established writing skills.

So how about it TOPHAT? Think you could do some actual writing of your own? Or do all you have to offer is posting others work and elementary bitter comments?

I'm excited to see what follows. Are you?
(Zero......I'm just gonna post what you wrote......LOLOLOL!!!) :rotflmao:

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who will be the next Pack CEO?

From www.profootballtalk.com

WILL BIG SHOW BE THE BIG CHEESE IN GREEN BAY?

Though it's nothing more than speculation at this point, the Green Bay Press-Gazette tosses an intriguing name into the mix for the position of president of the Packers.

Mike Holmgren.

Holmgren, known lovingly (or otherwise) in football circles as the "Big Show," coached the Packers from 1992 through 1998, leading the franchise to its first Super Bowl win in 29 years. He left in 1999 to become coach and G.M. of the Seahawks. He has since given up the G.M. title (under some duress), but is still the head coach.

It has been believed for a couple of years that Holmgren has been thinking about calling it quits. He has made millions in Microsoft money, and he doesn't need to subject himself any longer to the 12-month grind of coaching. So he could take on what would be a less stressful and demanding job, where he would be somewhat insulated from on-field struggles but at the same time in prime position to claim credit for success.

Other candidates include Titans executive V.P. and General Manager Mike Reinfeldt. Though there's a chance that the Titans would have to give the Packers permission to interview Reinfeldt, since he is in charge of football operations in Tennessee, the fact that the president of the Packers is the top dog in the entire organization, with the power to hire and fire the G.M., likely makes it a vertical move, which by league rule cannot be blocked.

But the Press-Gazette questions whether Reinfeldt is too close to current Green Bay G.M. Ted Thompson. If the decision to dump Thompson needs to be made, could his long-time friend pull the trigger?

Regardless of whether the job goes to Holmgren or Reinfeldt or someone else, it appears that the sudden disqualification of the hand-picked successor to Bob Harlan has opened the door for the team to shift from an executive with no specific football experience to a guy whose name would be recognizable beyond the Wisconsin business community.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Mike is gonna hire himself as coach and GM if he get's the CEO :p

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Who will be the next Pack CEO?

Mike is gonna hire himself as coach and GM if he get's the CEO :p

Yuk, yuk, that's a good one, but with his ego I wouldn't put it past him to try and pull that off.

I honestly don't think Holmgren will ever be employed by the Packers again unless he gets a divorce.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

looks like an awful lot like the poll from P Chatters front page...

edit, removed link

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HOLMGREN?

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/category/packers/

Could Mike Holmgren Leave the Seahawks for the Packers?

With the Green Bay Packers' front office in turmoil thanks to the sudden departure of John Jones just days before he was supposed to become the team's CEO, there's a fun bit of idle speculation going on. The Green Bay Press Gazette and Pro Football Talk are discussing whether there's any chance that former Packers coach Mike Holmgren -- currently head coach of the Seahawks -- could return to Green Bay and run the franchise. The short answer to the question of whether Holmgren could be the next CEO of the Packers is no. It's not going to happen. There's no way....And yet....

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Next Pack CEO: Holmgren?

Why do people look at this situation as if it's embrassing. I see nothing wrong with what happened. Harlan knew enough to say, hold on, this isn't going to work. I credit the organziation for having a standup guy like Harlan working for them.

OP
OP
T

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GOOD POINT

Why do people look at this situation as if it's embrassing. I see nothing wrong with what happened. Harlan knew enough to say, hold on, this isn't going to work. I credit the organziation for having a standup guy like Harlan working for them.

Exactly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: The Next Pack CEO: Holmgren?

Yeah I agree. I was always told a true measure of a man was being able to admit his wrongs. But I'm just some "hippie college kid" as I've read.

Members online

Latest posts