The Much Needed Wake-Up Call

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I woke up today more pissed than I every have in recent memory because of last night. The over-the-top penalties, which I thought were excessive and at one point being called to be called, made me so irritated I actually couldn't watch the game. Poor execution when the Packers needed to do something killed also, Quarless had a touchdown in his hands and the blocked kicked was jinxed my Mike Tirico saying Crosby was perfect 5-5 on the year (I know it didn't actually jinx it, I just like to think that!).

But all in all, I think this was a good loss for the Packers. A reality check/wake up call. They have had so much hype the beginning of the season and personally feel they needed an awful game they could have won to really **** them off and get things moving. Detroit will be ugly next week, I almost feel bad for the Lions.

But I do leave with these 2 comments: 1. QB's and these roughing the passer calls are getting to be too much. Zombo clipped Cutler's helmet and yes it is a penalty, but on NFL live this week they went over how the QB is protected too much and it isn't football. Cutler got hit, Zombo didn't purposely go for the head, and that is that.
2. Morgan Burnett was playing the ball with Bennett in the end of the game when Collins got that interception. During the Pat's game Sunday, they said that once the DB turns his back, it's fair game. And that ball was completely fair game. It seemed like the refs got on the banwagon with the calls and threw flags for everything (except Rodgers getting jumped on).

For a league this high caliber, go hire your own referees. Forget the old lawyers and rich doctors. Go get some staff who will actually call a straight game. I say this not because of the 18 penalties last night that GB mostly deserved, but for the game as a whole, because every Sunday I watch games all over the league and I sit there sometimes in shock at the garbage they throw the flags for.

All in all, I think GB needed a frustrating loss like this. I think they will rebound and be in sync. And watch Eli and the desperate Giants really lay a beating into a Bears team that thinks they are better than they are. I can't stand Cutler and his demeanor.

Six days until next Sunday :(

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a wake up call for the fan base too. alot of members on here seemed to think we already won the division.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, I was saying we were jinxed when all the analysts kept picking us to be in the SuperBowl during pre-season!! I hate that kinda crap.
Perhaps you are right though, maybe this is the kick in the head that we all needed like that Tampa Bay game last year... I just wish it could have been someone other than Da Bums.

:chisux:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I really think it was what we needed. I'd hate to be Detroit this weekend, because I honestly think we might drop 40 anger points on them to take out our frustrations.

This team always does this. Things are going good, the hype machine is rolling, and they get complacent. Look at last year after the preseason.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fortunately those penalties can be corrected, though I feel some were ticky-tack as hell.

The positive is the Bears didn't beat us. We beat ourselves.

Kallalives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree on a lot of points but putting faith in Eli and the giants to beat the bears i doubt is going to happen. The giants have played most of the season like we played monday night but worse, because they are less aggressive and more undisciplined.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fully believe the Bears are not gonna win the division and we'll see them start losing soon enough.

i dont even know if i would call this a wake up call, considering we were on the road against a rival and should have pulled out the W. that Tampa Bay game last year should have been a domination for us, but we just failed miserably. I look at this as a game where we beat ourselves against a rival on the road, which there really isnt any shame losing. yeah it stinks, and we probably should have won, but hey we werent gonna go 16-0 anyways so better to get the feeling of losing in now and not let it happen again!

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lol it DID seem like Tirico was blatantly trying to jinx Crosby.

Why does it seem like Bears block our FG's in big games????

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
lol it DID seem like Tirico was blatantly trying to jinx Crosby.

Why does it seem like Bears block our FG's in big games????

The bigger question is, why couldn't he knocked it back to Crosby and have Crosby run it in? it has happened before.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even better question- Why didn't we just get the damned TD in the first place and avoided all this nonsense?

OP
OP
dansz15

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does this team need a wake up call? Wasn't last year enough?

Should have been, but I guess if it was necessary then I think we should take it.

I was reluctant to put on ESPN this morning before class, but I was pleased to hear analsyts say Chicago will hit a snag and will not win the division. Doesn't matter anymore, it's only week 3 but for some reason it feels like they lost a playoff game to me.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there were some calls that i felt unfair seemed everything was going the bears way the only highlight for me was the hype with cutler and martz we showed you have problems and the giants will make them pay cutler is not all that great.

Members online

Latest posts