The most cold-hearted team EVER!

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...er-tiquan-underwood-on-super-bowl-eve-020412/
Tiquan Underwood might want to visit another barber — and fast.
In a surprising move just hours before he was to join his New England teammates in Super Bowl XLVI, Underwood — who recently had the Patriots' logo buzz-cut into his retro 1980s-style hairdo — was cut from the roster Saturday and replaced by practice-squad defensive end Alex Silvestro.
Both are Rutgers products.
Published reports said there were no disciplinary reasons behind the move — that it was just a cold, hard football decision by cold, calculating coach Bill Belichick to give the Pats an extra defender for Sunday's game against the New York Giants.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
My best friend is a Pats fan, and I just talked to him about this. What he said: It's his understanding that Underwood still gets a ring if they win, still gets a game check, and the reason for the late move is so the Giants couldn't make a counter-move and grab a guy who might know the Patriots game plan, because you can't do that within 24 hours.

I haven't confirmed any of this (it might not be right), but that's what he's hearing out in the Patriots community.

The optics of it are disastrous, though, because all people see is a guy getting let go on the eve of the game of his life, after all the practices are in the can and nothing's left to do but eat breakfast. It just looks so bad.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but now we are gonna have to deal with the Eli Manning Hype, Now that his brother is no longer important...dude its gonna be bad, you won't be able to close your eyes without hearing "Eli Manning is the Best Q.B" etc and see his goofy looking face on those Oreo commercials..:cautious: At Least Brady stays out of the lime-light

Glad the Pats lost. They deserved it.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but I still say Eli's not elite. That SB proved that football is a TEAM SPORT. And that an elite offense/QB is not enough to win a Championship.
DEFENSE matters.

Latest posts