The MADDEN Curse

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
For all of us that voted for Peyton Hillis to be on the cover of Madden to save Aroge and by proxy the rest of us from the curse. You deserve a big thank you from the rest of Packer Nation.

Aroge is off to an MVP type year, He is the toast of the NFL, and the Pack are 6-0. Hillis is shall we say CURSED!!!!!

Now I am not a superstitious person but................

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
i
For all of us that voted for Peyton Hillis to be on the cover of Madden to save Aroge and by proxy the rest of us from the curse. You deserve a big thank you from the rest of Packer Nation.

Aroge is off to an MVP type year, He is the toast of the NFL, and the Pack are 6-0. Hillis is shall we say CURSED!!!!!

I personally don't think that Payton Hillis should have been on the cover I think it should have been Aaron Rodgers with his superbowl win and MVP but I guess people thought otherwise :/

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
A-Rod should go on the cover after he retires and stays retired. Unlike the last Packer on it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hillis has had a rocky season thus far as he has tried to work out a contract extension with the Cleveland Browns. The Madden curse might be striking the Browns running back as he has had issues with injuries and also with his own teammates when it comes to his commitment to the team over his personal contract issues. Add in hamstring woes and this is a messy season for Peyton Hillis.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/10/21/2505373/peyton-hillis-fantasy-injury-cleveland-browns

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Hillis had issues BEFORE he was on the cover of Madden!

Nobody remembers, he had the most fumbles of any running back last year.....The media outlets forgot to cover that.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't play Madden so I don't know lol.

Hillis had one good year, nothing else. Just proof the Browns can't survive without a run game, since their quarterback they put all that belief and hype in can barely complete 50% of his passes, much like another quarterback that is extremely overrated from the same draft class.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't play Madden so I don't know lol.

Hillis had one good year, nothing else. Just proof the Browns can't survive without a run game, since their quarterback they put all that belief and hype in can barely complete 50% of his passes, much like another quarterback that is extremely overrated from the same draft class.

Aww, I have a soft spot for McCoy. He worked so hard to follow up Vince Young at Texas and finally got a to the national championship and goes down injured on the first play practically and then watched from the sidelines as his team tanked. Heartbreaking.

Yeah, I was secretly glad Rodgers didn't make the cover even though the rational side of my brain was screaming- "It doesn't matter!" :roflmao:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't fully accept or believe in the Madden Curse, yet the subject of it fascinates me. Too many things have happened to just say it's a coincidence. But, who cursed it and why? You can call the fan vote a popularity contest but believers in the curse are going to vote for someone they don't like to save their favorite player from the curse. Whether you believe it or not it is an interesting theory with enough "evidence" to raise the eyebrows of even the most doubtful. For my part, I like to err on the side of caution so I won't be voting for Aaron at the end of this season, sorry 12, but you are far too precious to take even the slightest risk.

OP
OP
okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I literally made this same thread a couple of weeks ago

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I heard from some people that they were bashing Rodgers for not making the cover...Claimed the fans cant really like him if he didnt make it..

but in reality it was the fans that really liked him that made him STAY off the cover

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't fully accept or believe in the Madden Curse, yet the subject of it fascinates me. Too many things have happened to just say it's a coincidence. But, who cursed it and why? You can call the fan vote a popularity contest but believers in the curse are going to vote for someone they don't like to save their favorite player from the curse. Whether you believe it or not it is an interesting theory with enough "evidence" to raise the eyebrows of even the most doubtful. For my part, I like to err on the side of caution so I won't be voting for Aaron at the end of this season, sorry 12, but you are far too precious to take even the slightest risk.

True.

Peyton Hillis last season had the most fumbles of any RB, so it's really not unbelievable to see him struggling.

Brees threw 20+ interceptions last season after being on the cover, but even with that number, he still had great stats and brought his team in the playoffs. Out of 25 interceptions, I will say 7 of them or maybe even 10 were tipped passes. he don't make a whole lot of bad decisions but his sporting cast of wide receivers is average, they aren't guys that you wanna force the ball to like Reggie Wayne or Megatron.

Barry Sanders is probably the best bet on the curse, and even if he was not on the cover, I'm sure he still would have retired. In his book he explained he was tired of being patted on the back for breaking records, and he wanted a team built around him, which we know never happened in his days of the Lions.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
They should put the Madden game itself on the Madden cover. What do you think would happen?

Maybe then everyone would come out and admit how the game has turned to total ****.

It's actually funny, a fan made little hacked piece of Tecmo Super Bowl is more fun than a high definition super graphics game that makes you feel like the quarterback rather than the coach.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wanted to pull this up again..

Megaton has lot of yards but only 1 TD

Is curse working it's "magic" again?

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
who knows? Is it the lack of TD's on his part....don't think so because the yardage is there. I think it is the fault of Stafford. He has been way off his game as far as the TD throws are concerned. Last year he was lighting up the field.

Reaction score
who knows? Is it the lack of TD's on his part....don't think so because the yardage is there. I think it is the fault of Stafford. He has been way off his game as far as the TD throws are concerned. Last year he was lighting up the field.
I give it 2 weeks before there is a season ending injury ;)

Members online

Latest posts