The Lions are truly lost

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit cannot be serious about keeping **** Jauron after this season is over can they? Why not just keep Mariucci for the last 5 games?
If Matt Millen gets to keep his job then why do you even bother with this move at all?
You have no idea how bad Jauron was in Chicago. If not for them going 13-3 in 2001 then they could have started to turn that disaster around 2 years sooner and they would be that much better off as a team today. If Detroit keeps this guy as the head coach then you can pencil them in as the bottom feeders for at least another 5 years. Look at what happened to the Bears with Wannstedt and Jauron. What a mess that was to clean up. It took them years to get back on the right track after Ditka was gone. I some times forget how long it has been since the Lions have done anything as a team.
Lots of money from the owners, loyal fan base, new stadium and one of the oldest teams in the NFL and what do you get? Another train wreck in Motown. Why have they been so bad for so long?

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Lots of money from the owners, loyal fan base, new stadium and one of the oldest teams in the NFL and what do you get? Another train wreck in Motown. Why have they been so bad for so long?

Bad management!?

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Detroit cannot be serious about keeping **** Jauron after this season is over can they? Why not just keep Mariucci for the last 5 games?
If Matt Millen gets to keep his job then why do you even bother with this move at all?
You have no idea how bad Jauron was in Chicago. If not for them going 13-3 in 2001 then they could have started to turn that disaster around 2 years sooner and they would be that much better off as a team today. If Detroit keeps this guy as the head coach then you can pencil them in as the bottom feeders for at least another 5 years. Look at what happened to the Bears with Wannstedt and Jauron. What a mess that was to clean up. It took them years to get back on the right track after Ditka was gone. I some times forget how long it has been since the Lions have done anything as a team.

I always thought Jauron was a decent coach. He had two major flaws, though - his choice in OCs and never playing the young kids, he was too loyal. With Lovie, you don't play well, you're gone.
I hear the name of Mike Singletary being thrown around for the new Detroit coach.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This line alone says it all. Anyone dumb enough to work with Matt Millen is doomed for failure. Matt knows nothing about running the lions but is bullet proof when it comes to blame. The faster the Fords rid themselfs of him... the sooner a quality coach would consider coming to Detroit.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry, President fat millen said when they fired mooch, they will follow all nfl policies and guidelines this time when they hire a new head coach. Why did he go with Jauron? Because he had NFL experience as a head coach. I'm very torn as a lions fan. As much as I want the lions to get a good head coach next year and start winning, I almost want them to tank next season so we can get rid of millen. But as bad as the fords are with football decisions, who says they wouldn't get someone as bad or worse than fat?

OP
OP
Philtration

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Don't worry, President fat millen said when they fired mooch, they will follow all nfl policies and guidelines this time when they hire a new head coach. Why did he go with Jauron? Because he had NFL experience as a head coach. I'm very torn as a lions fan. As much as I want the lions to get a good head coach next year and start winning, I almost want them to tank next season so we can get rid of millen. But as bad as the fords are with football decisions, who says they wouldn't get someone as bad or worse than fat?

Millen has been given his opportunity and blown it big time. There is no real reason that he should be back except that Ford personally likes him.
Jauron is not going to motivate this team. I saw his coma act in Chicago and he is a nice guy but he is not a head coach. No one offered him that position before he got the Bears job (their emergency pick after botching the McGinnis deal) and no one offered him a job after the Bears canned him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts