The Killer known as: PREVENT FOOTBALL

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A rather scathing analogy and story. Look, if there is one thing TT stands for as a former FA player who played a dozen years, it is dogged determination and, more than anything else, toughness. This team has been on a slow trip to softsville for the last 3 or 4...and it has come to be. He will not tolerate it!

Note the irony though. You shape your team into a power running offense, which by its very nature DEMANDS toughness, and you scratch out these ***** gameplans that look like Rams' throwaways.

Not exactly playing to the strengths of the team you created, eh, MS.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Note to Bob Harlan:

FIRE MIKE SHERMAN NOW AND HAND THIS TEAM OVER TO COACH BATES...

This fool Sherman consistantly proves what a moron he is that doesn't know sh#t about football!

When will this charade end?

I know net and others want to see Sherman around on the side-lines until he is a 75 year old man crapping his pants...or until his win-loss "record" dips below .500...

but come on now...how long can we put up with this bumblef**k idiot...and his henchman Rossley..."walk this way"...

the guy has had 5 years with this team and what has he done?

He's making the Packers a joke....

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heck - I thought I was being pretty lenient... you guys are a bit rough around the edges today....

Just to re-iterate --- Schottenheimer football was displayed in all its grace during the Playoffs last year... Meaning, if any of you watched the Playoff game of the Chargers against the Jets... then you saw it all - thru and thru... // Another demonstration was when he was at KC Chiefs and went 13-3 thru the regular Season and got blown out in the Playoffs, right away - against the Colts with Jim Harbaugh in sub-zero weather, at home.... He went conservative and LOST almost immediately... the Colts smelled the kill as they walked into the Stadium. Ask yourselves.. how many times would you allow the opposing Teams a chance to re-kick a field goal... (circa - Jets game last year at SD) ..and in the process, when you're kicking the winning field goal (against the Jets), AND YOU KNOW that your Kicker has an issue with kicking it straight into the goal posts... why, oh why.... would you allow your Team to place the ball dead centerfield...? On top of that... why, when you know you could probably make the 3 yards needed for a 1st down... would you opt to kick it from over 40 yards out...? It's 'cause you got NO GUTS ! ! !

THAT's MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER

AND NOW, WE HAVE HIS TWIN BROTHER IN GREEN BAY

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to stand behind the guy today. Look, the season is long, and he may turn it around. But the reality is, he throws away 1 or 2 games a year with lack of preparation/poor gameplans/unmotivated teams.

I just cannot get over the fact that the man who transformed us into a power running team, is the guy who never uses his power running when most needed...oh, a couple 4th and ones I can recall....last Sunday...pick a number of games every year.

I am just confused and a little bit pissed.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you IDIOTS realize that you sound exactly like eagle fans this morning on talk radio. Substitute Andy Reid for Mike Sherman and you get what they are saying this morning in Philly. Jesus Christ...one friggin'game.

Same guys were saying the same thing when the Packers were 1-4 last year. Then they rattle off 5-6 straight wins and Sherman's a genius. Lose in the playoffs...he's an idiot. My guess is if the Packers win 3-4 straight he will be a genius again. Congratulations.....you guys are of the same mentality as Philly eagle fans.

Except Pack66.....he has been consistent with his hatred for Sherman all along.....win or lose.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack....I will say it again....Sherman is a good coach with a few flaws..but his flaws are sometimes fatal to this team. What we are talking about is a guy who has displayed (over the last 3 - 4 seasons) the willingness to prematurely abandon the running game and extends too much loyalty whrer none is due. These are facts, man. And these inconvenient facts come back to haunt us every year.

Why some show such little tolerance for a player....oh, hows about #28..... who continues to screw up time and again IN THE SAME MANNER, but cut a coach who continues to screw up IN THE SAME MANNER gets cut slack for eternity? Both ae indicative of an unwillingness or inability to learn from their mistakes.

Hey, when Sherman does well, I WILL be here to say so, as always. But when he sucks it up, I will also be here to chat about it. To cover only the glory is dishonest.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here, here --- Digs is right... We all have a right to speak up about it - GOOD or BAD!

One guy spoke up about Sherman being a TE Coach formerly.... You guys with me?

WHY ISN'T HE USING ANY TE'S....? ANYONE?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please, stop with the doomsday talk.It amazes me how quickly some people will write off a team in week one.Week one is honestly the least important game of the year.Alot of this talk makes me wonder just how many of you have had actual football experience.

I have coached a junior team for 5 years and played 4 years in high school and 2 years in junior high.I also played pop warner as a kid.I have roughly 10-15 years experience in organized football which I know is nothing compared to some people but it only takes a few years of pacing the sidelines to realize the following things

1. Good teams play bad at times.You can have a dominating team but if you fumble the ball on your own 3 yardline or slip on a coverage assignment it can change everything.Does it mean your team is bad? Of course not.

2. Bad teams can play good - See SF for proof.My second year of coaching we were very soft up front and had lost 5 straight.This was my only losing season and believe me it tears you apart.We ended up beating the top two teams in the league the following weeks back to back.After that wewent back to our losing ways while those two teams tied for the conference championship.Each had one loss and they were from our sorry butts.

3. Coaches have little to do with wins and losses. Now I will probably get heat for this but it comes down to execution on critical times in the game.I have used the same playbook for 5 years and have had an undefeated season and a losing season and everything in between with it.You make calls that you think will work and if executed properly THEY WILL! Problem is plays are executed by humans and not machines.I have seen good players execute poorly and awful players execute brilliantly.People have bad days period!

So before you start calling for MS's head please understand that alot of it is what happens on the field on any given play.Take a look back at Belichek's career in Cleveland.

My take on the game was this.

The Defense did its job.There seemed to be alot of pressure on Harrington.I am not a Carroll fan at all but in all honesty those were the most ticky tack calls I have ever seen.I almost felt bad for the guy.

The late hit on Barnett was also pathetic.I am not big on blaming the refs but the officiating was very lopsided.

That being said they still should have won the game as the Defense played well and with alot of pressure on them they stepped up.

Now I am the biggest Brett Favre fan on earth but alot falls on his shoulders.What we saw from him was a Brett Favre that looked like he was scared to stand in the pocket and was trying to rifle out bullets in 3 step drops to avoid a pass rush that was not even there at times.He eventually settled down a bit but then I saw something that in ways were good and in ways were bad.

He seemed to be fighting himself.We know Brett as this fearless gunslinger but in this game he was anything but.He looked like he was trying to be conservative even though it was not his style.He took what the defense gave him which was not much.He seemed more than ever to be out of his game.

Alot of this falls on the recieving core.Driver is a constant.He will give you all he's got play in and play out.I do not worry so much about Walker going down as long as we have Driver.I have said for years Driver is the best WR on our team Walker or not.I would have rather lost Walker than Driver.After that we have little.I love the guy but Fergie is not anything more than a 4th or 5th reciever.He is invisible most of the time and clearly could have prevented the Favre Int with a little effort.Chatman is decent and may step up if he wants it bad enough.Murphy is young so the verdicts still out.

Bottom line is Favre had a bad day.No need to worry bout ol' 4 as he will settle in and be the Gunslinger we have grown to love.I for one am excited about the season after seeing our defense

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Note to Bob Harlan:

FIRE MIKE SHERMAN NOW AND HAND THIS TEAM OVER TO COACH BATES...

This fool Sherman consistantly proves what a moron he is that doesn't know sh#t about football!

When will this charade end?

I know net and others want to see Sherman around on the side-lines until he is a 75 year old man crapping his pants...or until his win-loss "record" dips below .500...

but come on now...how long can we put up with this bumblef**k idiot...and his henchman Rossley..."walk this way"...

the guy has had 5 years with this team and what has he done?

He's making the Packers a joke....

Hey 66, take it easy and take your pills. Its only one week and one game. Geez.

Members online

Latest posts