The Jets game... possibly the hardest game of the season?

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rex is making Rookie mistakes by picking up other teams unwanted trash. Why do you think no other well respected team bid any higher for these so called great players they keep signing.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i stated in previous posts why i made the thread.. not so much as a big deal to the packers moreso to me living in the jersey area..regardless of how they made it to the playoffs, they made it there and went to the afc championship game..if they sucked so bad and shouldnt have made the playoffs they should have been out in the first round...they have the same team as last year and i dont think adding cromartie and holmes would ruin any chemistry.. the same was said about bart scott last year and well loook what happened.. cromartie has had a 10 pick season.. ****** corners dont get 10 picks.. and the jets were playing their 3rd corner most of the year at the second spot because lito was out.. im pretty sure cromartie would be better suited.. and as far as holmes.. dudes won a superbowl and superbowl mvp title how can you say thats not gamebreaking???.. as far as sanchez.. they made it that far with him sucking that bad.. umm im going to assume hes going to have a better second year.. IMO losing jones only helps the running game... greene was significantly better than jones when i saw him running the ball.. he's going to be a beast..I DONT ACTUALLY THINK THE JETS WILL WIN THIS GAME I JUST THINK THEY HAVE MORE OF A CHANCE.. there its out there now

THISSS

So because in 2007 cromartie had a great season makes him still a great player? Thats excellent logic. I bet you think Derrick Anderson is a great QB, you know because according to your reasoning he would have to be. bad QBs dont make the pro bowl and throw for 29 tds right?!?

Of course ************* should get better, because if he doesnt they wont make the playoffs. Dirty threw for over 200 yards a total of 4 times last season. and 8 times (1/2 of the total season!!) he threw for less than 150 yards. Why is everyone under the assumption that he is good?

I understand they beat two teams in the playoffs, thanks to being well matched up against the Bengals and a terrible kicker in SD they made it that far. But again the team would not have made it if Indy played Peyton the whole game. The team is seriously flawed and everyone in the NY media seems to think they are the best team in the NFL.

I'm not buying into the hype.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont meen to bash this thread but if u count out the packers before they play the dang game ur not a fan. who would have thought we would have beat dalles after losing to the bucs but we did...

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So because in 2007 cromartie had a great season makes him still a great player? Thats excellent logic. I bet you think Derrick Anderson is a great QB, you know because according to your reasoning he would have to be. bad QBs dont make the pro bowl and throw for 29 tds right?!?

Of course ************* should get better, because if he doesnt they wont make the playoffs. Dirty threw for over 200 yards a total of 4 times last season. and 8 times (1/2 of the total season!!) he threw for less than 150 yards. Why is everyone under the assumption that he is good?

I understand they beat two teams in the playoffs, thanks to being well matched up against the Bengals and a terrible kicker in SD they made it that far. But again the team would not have made it if Indy played Peyton the whole game. The team is seriously flawed and everyone in the NY media seems to think they are the best team in the NFL.

I'm not buying into the hype.
never said cromartie was a great player i just said bad players dont get 10 picks in a season and i think most would agree that he's better than lowery as the number two corner.. so how some dont see the improvement there blows my mind.. some people just read what they want

as far as sanchez goes your pretty much just solitifiying my point.. as horrible as he was last season they STILL made it to the afc championship game.. all he did was play game manager in the playoffs and look how far it got them.. like i said i dont see how some people dont get this..

as far as the playoffs go i wont go there

i dont meen to bash this thread but if u count out the packers before they play the dang game ur not a fan. who would have thought we would have beat dalles after losing to the bucs but we did...
i cant take your opinions seriously enough

To what, exactly??? (I know it's tiresome to explain over and over again something. I do it for incompetence to deliver what I intend to, though...)

So... how about "The Jets game... possibly the hardest game of the season?"
yesss please anything hhahahahha

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are really drinking the Kool-Aide here!
You all are reading to much into every little off season move.
Especially you guys with these huge collages and quotes on your posts!
The Jets ARE NOT a first tier team.... Maybe a second or a third.
They have a 2nd year QB and barely made the playoffs last year.
Sure they have some good players and even a few GREAT players but they still will be underdogs in games Vs teams like the Pats, Colts or even the Pack.
Sanchez will no doubt hit a Sophomre slump and B. Edwards can't catch a cold.... LT is getting out and fragile and I don't really see them as a COMPLETE TEAM yet.

Look at the Jets Opponents in 2010! They play EIGHT games against teams with winning records, AND THEN they play Three or Four tough Away games Vs .500 teams like Chi,Denver,Miami.

Everyone just needs to settle down... go eat some fruit or something....
As GB Packer Fans we should be getting ready to Critique another SUB-PAR TT draft insted of worrying about the godd*mn JETS!

GB 24
NYJ 13

NotSoSpecialTeams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets' offseason acquisitions have made them better and arguably also made them the team to beat in the AFC, but I think some of us are getting carried away and overlooking what we can do. They may have the No.1 defense and that'll certainly provide us with a test but we didn't have trouble scoring points against some "potent" defenses last year. Darrelle Revis may be the best shutdown corner in the league but he can't cover everybody. If we can neutralize Greene and LT, I don't think they'll put up a lot of points, not unless Sanchez really makes some huge strides in his second year (which could happen). Then it becomes about executing on offense 'cause while Cromartie is an upgrade over what was there previously, our passing game is right up there with the best and outside of the guy standing opposite Revis, I definitely think A-Rod can find guys open.

In conclusion, the Jets may have gotten better but that hardly means we're gonna roll over. It's gonna be a whole lot closer than most people think.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are really drinking the Kool-Aide here!
You all are reading to much into every little off season move.
Especially you guys with these huge collages and quotes on your posts!
The Jets ARE NOT a first tier team.... Maybe a second or a third.
They have a 2nd year QB and barely made the playoffs last year.
Sure they have some good players and even a few GREAT players but they still will be underdogs in games Vs teams like the Pats, Colts or even the Pack.
Sanchez will no doubt hit a Sophomre slump and B. Edwards can't catch a cold.... LT is getting out and fragile and I don't really see them as a COMPLETE TEAM yet.

Look at the Jets Opponents in 2010! They play EIGHT games against teams with winning records, AND THEN they play Three or Four tough Away games Vs .500 teams like Chi,Denver,Miami.

Everyone just needs to settle down... go eat some fruit or something....
As GB Packer Fans we should be getting ready to Critique another SUB-PAR TT draft insted of worrying about the godd*mn JETS!

GB 24
NYJ 13
i think your reading too much into my posts mann.. how can sanchez have a sophomore slump when he didnt even have a good first season..they have the best pass defense in the league and it got that much better with cromartie.. add that with jenkins being back.. then on the other siide of the ball they arguably have the best oline in the league (imo it is the best) and one of the most promising young backs in greene.. throw holmes in the mix and they finally have a player who can stretch the field..some might forget but he did win superbowl mvp and the kid can catch and run.. lets not talk about schedule because we had what the third easiest in the league last year? yea dont go there

The Jets' offseason acquisitions have made them better and arguably also made them the team to beat in the AFC, but I think some of us are getting carried away and overlooking what we can do. They may have the No.1 defense and that'll certainly provide us with a test but we didn't have trouble scoring points against some "potent" defenses last year. Darrelle Revis may be the best shutdown corner in the league but he can't cover everybody. If we can neutralize Greene and LT, I don't think they'll put up a lot of points, not unless Sanchez really makes some huge strides in his second year (which could happen). Then it becomes about executing on offense 'cause while Cromartie is an upgrade over what was there previously, our passing game is right up there with the best and outside of the guy standing opposite Revis, I definitely think A-Rod can find guys open.

In conclusion, the Jets may have gotten better but that hardly means we're gonna roll over. It's gonna be a whole lot closer than most people think.
THISSSs.. like i said countless times before.. i dont think we should lose this game.. i hope we **** on their chests and i rub it all over my friends face's.. it might be one of the best games of the year if you really think about it.. we have arguably the best pass offense in the league and they are the best pass defense.. we are the best rush defense and they are the best rushing offense..i think its gonna be one amazing gamee.. im hoping i can make it to it.. never been to a football game let alone a packer one

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just one thing I think needs to be said:

I think the Jets overachieved last year. I honest to goodness didn't see them last year as SB contenders. Now I do, based on what they did in the offseason, but they still have holes.

Sanchez isn't a capable starting QB yet. You have to have one to win the SB. Their OL is the best in the league, but they lost their bread and butter in Thomas Jones. Greene MAY pick it up, LT MAY contribute, but we don't know.

They got more passing options, but Edwards has 1 good year in 2007 and nothing more, Holmes is a great receiver, but will be suspended, and we don't know how'll he perform with Sanchez instead of Roethlisberger...

At D, they simply don't have the pass rusher. They have to use intricate schemes, and Rex Ryan is great, but it showed against a veteran QB in Manning. Their secondary is great, specially with Cromartie, but it makes them vulnerable against the run.

We need to remember that they played the Bengals (no passing game) and won against the Chargers because their kicker missed 3 (THREE) FGs...

Like I said, I think they're a really though team, but they overachieved last year...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cromartie? I saw clips of him standing around in a playoff game while a RB ran by him and he didn't even make an attempt to try to tackle the runner. I for one do not want a guy like that in my lockerroom. :nono:

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty I personally believe the Jets have what it takes to win the superbowl. But then again so do we, which is why I believe this would be one hell of a matchup. Better yet I wouldn't even be suprised if these were the two teams representing the NFC and AFC in next year's superbowl. Like RS said, many of the players on their team MAY help them out, no guarantees can be made yet. Sanchez isn't as bad of a quarterback as everyone thinks he is. The kid is very smart and has a work ethic that resembles a young Peyton Manning. I look for Sanchez to have a better year this year but he won't really wow anybody.

I really don't believe that their defense was exposed as much as ours. Yes Peyton Manning was able to decipher it in the AFC Champ. but which defense can't he figure out? If you look closely the Jets faced a lot of good QB's over the season and were able to contend with them. The Jets defense is LEGIT.

The Jets kinda remind me of the Cardinals, not really a threat in the regular season but reveals their true colors in the playoffs. Like the Cardinals, they continue to go 9-7 but don't let that record fool you. I think they do it on purpose so they keep their playoff oponents off-balance.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In all honesty I personally believe the Jets have what it takes to win the superbowl. But then again so do we, which is why I believe this would be one hell of a matchup. Better yet I wouldn't even be suprised if these were the two teams representing the NFC and AFC in next year's superbowl. Like RS said, many of the players on their team MAY help them out, no guarantees can be made yet. Sanchez isn't as bad of a quarterback as everyone thinks he is. The kid is very smart and has a work ethic that resembles a young Peyton Manning. I look for Sanchez to have a better year this year but he won't really wow anybody.

I really don't believe that their defense was exposed as much as ours. Yes Peyton Manning was able to decipher it in the AFC Champ. but which defense can't he figure out? If you look closely the Jets faced a lot of good QB's over the season and were able to contend with them. The Jets defense is LEGIT.

The Jets kinda remind me of the Cardinals, not really a threat in the regular season but reveals their true colors in the playoffs. Like the Cardinals, they continue to go 9-7 but don't let that record fool you. I think they do it on purpose so they keep their playoff oponents off-balance.
Difference being that the Jets don't have as much offensive power as the Cardinals did, but have a better D...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spanish rose, are you in politics? You say one thing but tell us you meant something else

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sanchez isn't a capable starting QB yet. You have to have one to win the SB.
He was a rookie. He had a typical rookie year. Lots of ups and downs. I feel 100% certain that he is careful with the ball and far more effective in 2010. A lot like he was at the beginning of 09 before Rex and company let him loose.

Kid's going to be a star in this league. It's just a matter of getting the experience under his belt, because he didn't play all that much college ball. I think having that year of experience will help him immensely heading into '10. I expect big, big things from Mark Sanchez.

OP
OP
Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spanish rose, are you in politics? You say one thing but tell us you meant something else
??? elaboratee

He was a rookie. He had a typical rookie year. Lots of ups and downs. I feel 100% certain that he is careful with the ball and far more effective in 2010. A lot like he was at the beginning of 09 before Rex and company let him loose.

Kid's going to be a star in this league. It's just a matter of getting the experience under his belt, because he didn't play all that much college ball. I think having that year of experience will help him immensely heading into '10. I expect big, big things from Mark Sanchez.
exactly what im trying to say.. idk if hes going to be a star yet. but if he learns how to manage the game the jets are going to be one hard team to beat

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

??? elaboratee

exactly what im trying to say.. idk if hes going to be a star yet. but if he learns how to manage the game the jets are going to be one hard team to beat
I'll take more than a game manager to win the SB. Can you say Sanchez can win a game for them?

Rodgers can. Manning can. Roethlisberger, Brees, Brady, Favre, all can...

He's not a bad QB, I though back then he was a hair under Stafford only.

But he's not an elite QB, and you don't win in this league nowadays without an elite QB.

Specially against us. Outside of the TB game, the only non-elite QB that won against us was Carson Palmer. The rest, all elite.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, we might as well forfeit all our games this season. The Jets winning the SB is inevitable. Mark Ingram, welcome to Green bay!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread, too soon to judge. Remember last year, when the Bears were favorite to win the division, with Cutler?
Yup........one of my buddies is a bear fan.........and he thought the Bears just drafted the next best thing to Jesus. I was like........hey.......Cutler has no weapons like they have or had in Denver. The only time I have ever saw or witnessed a guy who TRULEY....without a doubt......made a impact on a team from signing a guy from another team.....or a trade.....or whatever.......was.....ummmm........look at your Avatar.......the guy wore #92. Sure some guys have helped other teams......but not like Reggie White.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup........one of my buddies is a bear fan.........and he thought the Bears just drafted the next best thing to Jesus. I was like........hey.......Cutler has no weapons like they have or had in Denver. The only time I have ever saw or witnessed a guy who TRULEY....without a doubt......made a impact on a team from signing a guy from another team.....or a trade.....or whatever.......was.....ummmm........look at your Avatar.......the guy wore #92. Sure some guys have helped other teams......but not like Reggie White.
Agreed. And even him didn't deliver a SB on his first season with the team. He had to build on chemistry...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I'll take more than a game manager to win the SB. Can you say Sanchez can win a game for them?
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. They both had 1 thing in common and that was an unbelievable defense to back them up. Sanchez is in that boat.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson have Super Bowl rings. They both had 1 thing in common and that was an unbelievable defense to back them up. Sanchez is in that boat.
So... 2 guys? In what? 20, 30 years?

And when was the last time? 10 years?

Well, I guess if you have THE best defense in the league by far, then yes, you have a 1/10, 1/15 chance of winning the SB with a game manager...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
So... 2 guys? In what? 20, 30 years?

And when was the last time? 10 years?

Well, I guess if you have THE best defense in the league by far, then yes, you have a 1/10, 1/15 chance of winning the SB with a game manager...
I'm not saying it's likely, though I do think the Jets will do it, I'm just saying it's possible.

Members online

Latest posts