The Hype

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Teams that think they are SB bound before a snap has been played usually don't get there. Remember the Cowboys in 07.

Well according to this thread then... and bare with me... if SI writers all think the Pack, Da Bears, or the Queens are going to the SB... then that only leaves The Lions able in our division :-/

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could not care less about how much love the Bears are or are not getting on this site or any other one.
That is just kid stuff and it means nothing.

This is not the BCS or American Idol and voting for your team in a poll or having someone predicting them to have a good season will not make a difference.
Wins and loses. That is all that matters.

Just for ***** and grins though, let's go ahead and hold a vote for the biggest ****head on the Packer Forums. I'm sure you would win by a landslide.

I find it hysterical that you spend so much time as a Bears fan coming to a Packer website. That insecure eh?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well according to this thread then... and bare with me... if SI writers all think the Pack, Da Bears, or the Queens are going to the SB... then that only leaves The Lions able in our division :-/
Bingo! If you thought Miami was a surprise, watch the 19-0 Lions this year! Remember, the Bobby Lane curse is lifted!

TheIrishCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hype the media have lavished the Packers with in the run up to the regular season is very unnerving. When you look at it corps by corps you can see where they are getting it from but I really don't think we're a Super Bowl team just yet.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just for ***** and grins though, let's go ahead and hold a vote for the biggest ****head on the Packer Forums. I'm sure you would win by a landslide.

I find it hysterical that you spend so much time as a Bears fan coming to a Packer website. That insecure eh?

Ok.... so would this be your lame attempt to get me to say something personal about you so you can get me banned?
For your sake I hope that you are just another 20 year-old nose picking ***** or else you have some real issues to deal with.

Now go cry to one of the mods jag off.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Philtration adds some flavor to this board whether you agree with him or not he is entitled to his opinion. If we didnt have people like him on this forum it would be bland as everyone would go unchecked in their green bay homerism.

There is no need for the name calling either keep it classy guys.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok.... so would this be your lame attempt to get me to say something personal about you so you can get me banned?
For your sake I hope that you are just another 20 year-old nose picking ***** or else you have some real issues to deal with.

Now go cry to one of the mods jag off.

:jester:

After much reflection, bad93x has a point. Having someone like you on the forums only helps lift the spirits of the rest of us. I have no idea what it must be like to not only be a Bears fan but a Bears fan that has to go to Packer forums and talk smack in every post in order to have a sense of self worth. So please stick around, you are a good reminder that no matter who any of us are at least we aren't you. And by all means, I love the tough guy talk, definitely keep that going.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I find Philtration to be one of the smarter football minds here. He also manages to be fairly unbiased, which is nice.

I think you just hate him because he's a Bears fan.

I think that's the first time i've ever complimented a Bears fan. I feel dirty.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's okay. He tends to smack talk sometimes a little too much on the wrong area, and also make random rants to all pack fans, not naming anyone in particular. Other than that, he's a bears fan that can actually sustain his arguments and make sober points about other teams. I also suspect he saw the Decatur Staleys play...

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score

:jester:

After much reflection, bad93x has a point. Having someone like you on the forums only helps lift the spirits of the rest of us. I have no idea what it must be like to not only be a Bears fan but a Bears fan that has to go to Packer forums and talk smack in every post in order to have a sense of self worth. So please stick around, you are a good reminder that no matter who any of us are at least we aren't you. And by all means, I love the tough guy talk, definitely keep that going.

c_mac has plenty of SkyMiles with this airline.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with those who said we need to tone down our expectations a bit. While it's great to be excited, lets not forget what a disappointment last season was. We need to come out swinging every game this season.

And I don't agree that we have an easy schedule. We have the Bears and Vikings twice, the Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, Steelers and Ravens. I expect those to be tough games. Winnable, sure, but far from easy. Plus, who knows what Tampa Bay and San Francisco will be like this season.

Yeah, we get the Lions twice, plus the Rams, Browns and Bengals. However, you never know exactly how one team is going to perform from season to season. I think the Bengals will be better than people are expecting this season. Palmer is no slouch, and both Chris Henry and Chad OchoCinco have recommitted themselves.

Anyway, it's far from an easy schedule.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
All five of the Fox Sports pregame guys picked Green Bay to win the division ... and frankly, I don't see much separating the Vikies, Boors and the Pack. Each has their definite stronger areas but have weaknesses that seem to counter weigh their strengths. I only offer that up because I didn't see the Pack as a 6-10 last season in the way that you envision a 6-10 team, but on the flip side of that coin, I didn't see them as a traditional 13-3 team in '07. We'll see where the breaks fall this year because we sure didn't get any last year.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac has plenty of SkyMiles with this airline.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Wow, you have apparently REALLY been wanting to use this pic for something huh? I'm not quite sure it makes any sense in relation to anything. I'll give you credit for some effort but other than that I would have to say that it fails on many levels. :victory:

CaptainMarvel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
'What do Billy Graham and the Green Bay Packers have in common?

They both can make 70,000 people stand up and yell : "Jesus Christ!" '

LOL - what has the Pack (6-10 team) done tonight to get anyone excited? Adrian Peterson, on the other hand - did you see him shove that defender out of his way like he was a little punk - now that's exciting!!!

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense looked great and only gave up one touchdown while picking off a good QB four times.
I think it was a combination of getting into Jay Cutler's grill (packer's d) and just him losing his cool and making really bone-headed throws/reads. How in the heck was he throwing it too?

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think they will let the hype effect them.... I truely believe and so do alot of people that green bay is one of the best teams in the NFL by far. So far so good lol.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Our defense looked great and only gave up one touchdown while picking off a good QB four times.
The defense looked good in the first half. The second half Cutler was 9/14 150 yards and 1 td and 1 int for a 95 rating. Other then one play, the offense never moved the ball past the Bears 21 yard line. The final outcome of Jolly's int was 2 points for the Bears. Other then that they did great!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
21 Points in a brutal Defensive battle while holding the bears offense to 13 points. I'll take it. W is a W.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense looked good in the first half. The second half Cutler was 9/14 150 yards and 1 td and 1 int for a 95 rating. Other then one play, the offense never moved the ball past the Bears 21 yard line. The final outcome of Jolly's int was 2 points for the Bears. Other then that they did great!

They won, right?

:chisux:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly!!!

Furthermore, everybody talks about how "poor" Cutler played. After all, he tossed (4) interceptions. And, as a result, Green Bay still barely won the game?!?!? This is astonishing when one argues that Cutler was inept at best, yet still did his job - giving his team the lead with 2 minutes to play.

It never fails with these blogs - you've got 25% of the members with reasonable and rationale thought processes and the rest are nothing more than homers looking at the Packers thru green and gold-colored glasses.

We all love the Packers but why is it so difficult to call a spade a spade??? However, I must admit that it makes for more exciting banter.:jester:

Members online

Latest posts