The Giants

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the only thing that scares me about Eli. He can turn it on in the 4th quarter if needed. He can be scrappy and clutch if all he needs it a TD or FG to win the game or tie it up IMO.

I don't think he is at the same level his brother ever has been on a week to week basis (obviously not-Peyton was painfully consistent) but Eli has the more clutch Manning gene in him.
not comparing him to his brother because peyton is all time but Eli is better late in games than even his brother.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
not comparing him to his brother because peyton is all time but Eli is better late in games than even his brother.

I heard a rumor mid season that Peyton was sort of mentoring Eli this year. Not sure if it's true but I don't find it tough to imagine. He may be giving him advice on opponents before games and insight.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the only thing that scares me about Eli. He can turn it on in the 4th quarter if needed. He can be scrappy and clutch if all he needs it a TD or FG to win the game or tie it up IMO.

I don't think he is at the same level his brother ever has been on a week to week basis (obviously not-Peyton was painfully consistent) but Eli has the more clutch Manning gene in him.

If there are 2 minutes left in the game and we need a touchdown, there is no other QB in the league that I want under center than Eli. Maybe that's the homer in me, but he has shown us time and time again that he can stay calm under the pressure and get the job done. I can honestly say that when we've been down towards the end of a game, if Eli has the ball and all we need is a TD or a FG, I'm never nervous.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a rumor mid season that Peyton was sort of mentoring Eli this year. Not sure if it's true but I don't find it tough to imagine. He may be giving him advice on opponents before games and insight.

Not true how relevant this was this year, but I know that before SB 42 Peyton gave Eli a lot of advice on the way the Pats ran their game, since he plays them more often.

N

NYGIANTS141

If there are 2 minutes left in the game and we need a touchdown, there is no other QB in the league that I want under center than Eli. Maybe that's the homer in me, but he has shown us time and time again that he can stay calm under the pressure and get the job done. I can honestly say that when we've been down towards the end of a game, if Eli has the ball and all we need is a TD or a FG, I'm never nervous.

Yeah, its gotten to the point where i almost expect something to happen.

Can't say the same about last year, he's really stepped it up this season.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wouldnt suprise me...how much can he really help though...Eli works hard and does his homework..he has always been a gamer....if he has a bad game sunday it wont be because he didnt prepare or the moment was too big for him, it will be because the packers just were better.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Not true how relevant this was this year, but I know that before SB 42 Peyton gave Eli a lot of advice on the way the Pats ran their game, since he plays them more often.

Had to figure that. No opposing QB knows the Pats more then Peyton.

Yeah I can't imagine Peyton can give Eli much insight into any of the NFC playoff teams at all.
But, Peyton knows the Pats and Ravens and teams like that very well.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

I can't say I am as familiar with the Giants on a week to week basis as you are. But, often at times this year it seems the Giants start slow on offense and may not get going till the second half.

Whats the reason for this?

gmenfever42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Given the opportunity though Rodgers is clutch as hell himself.... if it's a close game then it basically comes down to who gets the last possession.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say I am as familiar with the Giants on a week to week basis as you are. But, often at times this year it seems the Giants start slow on offense and may not get going till the second half.

the reason imo is they come out too pumped or maybe they need to get a feel for the other team.Eli is great at adjustments, once he sees a tendency he will exploit it...blitzing him does not work getting pressure with the down linemen is what it takes that and getting him on the move but honestly Eli has had an answer for whatever teams throw at him this year.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Given the opportunity though Rodgers is clutch as hell himself.... if it's a close game then it basically comes down to who gets the last possession.
See I thought that too, then I realized that the Packers defense seems just as clutch this time of year. ;) Plus I think it could just be NFC East but the QB's seem to be hit or miss in the clutch area.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah it's been kinda frustrating, you should have seen the fans during the first quarter against the Falcons..people were furious (myself included).

I can't say for sure what it is, but I think some of it has to do with the play calling...KG is known to be very conservative in his calls especially in the beginning of the game. He's not one to come out of the gun fired up, which I think can lead to some slow drives in the beginning. We all know that won't cut it against the Pack on Sunday so we're hoping he'll step it up, but who knows.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this game isn't going to come to a last-minute drive? I just don't see it. I think whoever wins is going to win it reasonably convincingly. Not a blowout, maybe, but not a hold-your-breath-and-hang-on thing either. The loser - could be us - is going to be helpless at the end, I think.

Just a gut feeling. I don't think we're going to see the same kind of game we did last time.

Farvetowebster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this game isn't going to come to a last-minute drive? I just don't see it. I think whoever wins is going to win it reasonably convincingly. Not a blowout, maybe, but not a hold-your-breath-and-hang-on thing either. The loser - could be us - is going to be helpless at the end, I think.

Just a gut feeling. I don't think we're going to see the same kind of game we did last time.
it could..but I think it will go to the 4th with the game in the balance..i could see a turnover putting one team up by two scores and that sealing the deal..i hope not cause i cant see that being us. the thing is the giants margin for error is much smaller than GB. The giants MUST get pressure on rodgers and must run the ball along with not turning it over because the packers dont cough the ball up.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Not sure yet. I really don't know. Both teams are more then capable though of late scores in the 4th so it's tough to say. Same if you are playing the Saints. You can't count out these 3 teams no matter what. It's tougher to call with the Niners so I leave them out. They are a bit of the "mystery" NFC playoff team left.

Could be a cardiac NFC postseason. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts