The Giants Achilles Heel

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this trash talking from Giants fans has inspired me to do something about it.

As some of you may know, serveral members and I have been voting to win the Packers tempt destiny billboard for our team. Now that we are out of the picture to win this, I thought what better way to get back at those Giants fans who have been rubbing our face in it by voting for the 49ers instead?

As stated at the tempt destiny web site, the Giants have NEVER won a Super Bowl without a Tempt Destiny billboard supporting their efforts. SO, a couple of my friends and I have begun voting for the 49ers, and some for the other teams, to insure the Giants won't get it.

How cool would it be IF they win on Sunday yet they don't win their billboard legacy and then go on to lose in the Super Bowl, AGAIN!? Payback's a *****. Care to join us?

Oh yeah, here's the link: Giants Achilles Heel

L

Lunchboxer

Uhh the whole thing is bologna. Its just a fricken billboard.

I was tired of this crap last season too.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhh the whole thing is bologna. Its just a fricken billboard.

I was tired of this crap last season too.
Normally I would agree.
But I want to beat the Giants at something, anything even if it's just a dumb billboard.
So I voted for the 49ers and will probably do it again.

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I put in some votes for the Ravens to even things out a little:

49'ERS - 8637 26%
GIANTS - 8368 25%
PATRIOTS - 8228 24%
RAVENS - 8374 25%

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoa! I wish we were still in the race. At least Giants fans are not up to the task when it comes down to it. :laugh:

49'ERS - 8965 26%
GIANTS - 8710 25%
PATRIOTS - 8415 24%
RAVENS - 8969 26%

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Remember, no team has ever won a Super Bowl with the record of 9-7....

My Super Bowl pick is actually Baltimore. They will handle NE, and regardless if it's SF or NY, I don't think Ed Reed and all those veterans (including Ricky Williams) is going to be denied a ring. If anyone deserves it the most out of the 4 teams, it's those guys in the twilight of their careers.

OP
OP
nyghater

nyghater

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My Super Bowl pick is actually Baltimore. They will handle NE, and regardless if it's SF or NY, I don't think Ed Reed and all those veterans (including Ricky Williams) is going to be denied a ring. If anyone deserves it the most out of the 4 teams, it's those guys in the twilight of their careers.

I totally agree! Somehow I think the Ravens will win this weekend because a good defense can beat them as the Giants had shown during the season. I got a funny feeling that we may see a repeat of SB XXXV with the same results.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I totally agree! Somehow I think the Ravens will win this weekend because a good defense can beat them as the Giants had shown during the season. I got a funny feeling that we may see a repeat of SB XXXV with the same results.

The sad part is, I still like Ricky Williams even though he was a total ****** when he played for the Saints. I like Jim Harbaugh too, but the Ravens have many, many guys that I wouldn't mind seeing get a ring.

Defense wins championships...Even though most people want an all out shoot out, unstoppable offense style Super Bowl, I'm a little more defensive minded, and would love to see a matchup like SF and BAL, where it's a big defensive struggle and turnovers play key.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

I pray you are right. It would be a great story. Baltimore is due. Baltimore getting the Lombardi from Raymond Berry seems almost too good to be true.

There is anger coming from Baltimore. They feel that with all the talk of Brady hunger why not them? I have heard it on the radio all week. People forget they played in NE last year and led 17-7 in the 4th quarter before blowing it in OT and Flacco finished with a great game. Baltimore is also the second ranked D in the league vs. the TE. Flacco has also faced plenty of good Ds this year. NE is not one of them.

My dad was a Baltimore Colts fan so I am pulling for them too. Irsay wants the Ravens to win it all. He thinks it would be cool for them to do it in Indy.

Oh and........
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Thats true. But, a lot of these things get broken over the years.

I don't have strong feelings but I did pick Baltimore to go to the SB after week 1 to play the Packers.

Ed Reed called out Flacco already this week. They made up but he basically told him "Hey kid. Expose the Pats D for what it is and get us a ring."

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I pray you are right. It would be a great story. Baltimore is due. Baltimore getting the Lombardi from Raymond Berry seems almost too good to be true.

There is anger coming from Baltimore. They feel that with all the talk of Brady hunger why not them? I have heard it on the radio all week. People forget they played in NE last year and led 17-7 in the 4th quarter before blowing it in OT and Flacco finished with a great game. Baltimore is also the second ranked D in the league vs. the TE. Flacco has also faced plenty of good Ds this year. NE is not one of them.

My dad was a Baltimore Colts fan so I am pulling for them too. Irsay wants the Ravens to win it all. He thinks it would be cool for them to do it in Indy.

Oh and........
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well I would LOVE to see Ed Reed with a Super Bowl ring on his finger, and the entire Baltimore defense is one of the last great defenses that you can rank with the likes of defenses that lasted for a number of years like Landry's Doomsday Dallas, and the Steel Curtain of the 70's.

This is kinda embarrassing but I actually liked Ricky Williams as a Saint, I just didn't like how Ditka gave up so much for him. His career is winding down, and by the way I see it, if Reggie Bush could get a ring, when he was merely the poster boy that got all the credit but wasn't the real deal (Pierre Thomas was the real RB for the Saints, not Reggie) then I think Ricky Williams deserves one. Most people don't look at it, but without Ricky Williams and Aaron Brooks, they never would have made the playoffs that one time in 2000, Ricky was the entire offense until Brooks came into the picture.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Alex Smith wants to change the play at the line he yells;
KILL! KILL! KILL!

I feel sorry for no one. That's the same kind of crap football fans were saying about Elway before he beat the Packers in the SB. I don't care if the Ravens vets NEVER get a ring.
:mad: KILL! KILL! KILL! GO NINERS!!! :D

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Well I would LOVE to see Ed Reed with a Super Bowl ring on his finger, and the entire Baltimore defense is one of the last great defenses that you can rank with the likes of defenses that lasted for a number of years like Landry's Doomsday Dallas, and the Steel Curtain of the 70's.

This is kinda embarrassing but I actually liked Ricky Williams as a Saint, I just didn't like how Ditka gave up so much for him. His career is winding down, and by the way I see it, if Reggie Bush could get a ring, when he was merely the poster boy that got all the credit but wasn't the real deal (Pierre Thomas was the real RB for the Saints, not Reggie) then I think Ricky Williams deserves one. Most people don't look at it, but without Ricky Williams and Aaron Brooks, they never would have made the playoffs that one time in 2000, Ricky was the entire offense until Brooks came into the picture.

How can the Ravens possibly be hungry? All the hunger in this league is coming from NE and the burning passion within One Tom Brady.

Yeah I would like to see Reed do it too. He is an elite QB killer too. He dodged a bullet not getting hurt at the end of the Texans game. He was in practice today.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When Alex Smith wants to change the play at the line he yells;
KILL! KILL! KILL!

I feel sorry for no one. That's the same kind of crap football fans were saying about Elway before he beat the Packers in the SB. I don't care if the Ravens vets NEVER get a ring.
:mad: KILL! KILL! KILL! GO NINERS!!! :D

I'll say it once and I'll say it again. 3 of the teams left have direct ties with the Colts.

1) Baltimore Ravens-no need to explain this one...even the Colts owner is rooting for the Ravens.
2) Eli Manning-Peyton Manning
3) Jim Harbaugh-Colts QB once and in the Colts ring of honor

Pats? Not much here.

The best game for the city would likely be a HarBowl. Nobody here cares about NE and nobody here truly wants to have the Peyton/Eli comparison crap as well 24/7.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I just cannot trust Flacco enough to pick the Ravens. He will have to play a huge game against the Pats to win. If he plays like he did against Houston, Pats will beat the Ravens 35-13 or something like that.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I just cannot trust Flacco enough to pick the Ravens. He will have to play a huge game against the Pats to win. If he plays like he did against Houston, Pats will beat the Ravens 35-13 or something like that.

I understand your point, and I would say Houston should have won that game as far as how their defense out played Baltimore. If Schaub played that game, Texans would have won 27-17. Instead we had to sit through 3 hours of T.J. Yates forcing balls to Andre Johnson when other guys were open down field, it was quite depressing.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Not really picking anyone to win this weekend TBH. Just hoping. I do know a bottom 3 D has never won a SB. Win or lose the Pats might be doomed no matter what? Even the Colts craptastic D in 2006 was not ranked near the bottom since the passing D was so good. I remember Dungy saying in 2006 that a bad run D is a lot easier to fix then a bad pass D. The bad run D was fixable if guys tackled and played faster. And of course Bob Sanders.

I am hoping Flacco does not play like he did vs. Houston but regardless he still had like a 97 QB rating. He was sacked a lot and that did not shock me. The Houston D (with Wade there) is a monster. There is so much pass rushing young talent now too. The Houston D is a top 5 D. Flacco has had to play Houston twice, SF, Steelers twice, Bengals twice and the Jets. How can he not handle the Pats? My guesss is something is exposed this weekend. It's either the Pats D for good or Flacco.

Brady tends to put up his absolute worst numbers vs. the Ravens. He has I think as many picks as TDs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts