The Fenway of Football

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just talking to a diehard Viking fan who made her first-ever Lambeau pilgrimage in January to see her team lose. Except for the losing part she said that the town, the stadium, and the people were incredible. Like many others, I heard her compare going to Lambeau to visiting Fenway in terms of having it on your bucket list.

So my question is which of the 30 other NFL stadiums would you consider a must-see from a fan perspective?

I've seen games at the Metrodome, Joe Robbie, Sun Devil, and driven by the stadiums in Chicago, Tampa, New Jersey, and New England. Nothing impressive so far, but the Seahawks stadium looks somewhat intimate like Lambeau.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a Packers fan perspective, I think you have to put Soldier Field on that list. Minus the terrible renovation - i.e. landing a spacecraft in it - it's still a historical venue and host to our biggest rival.

A good portion of their history was at wrigley. Too bad they can't host a preseason game there

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't think of an old school stadium in the nfl that is worth visiting.

Modern stadiums... Seahawks, steelers, cowboys, and the colts.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How was the tailgating? It seems to get rave reviews
We didn't. We got a tour of the stadium and got on the field right before game. Walked right by Favre in the tunnel but got pushed away by some PR lady. After the game the parking lot looked like Beruit. There was a car on fire and about 2 cars over some dude was puking up blood and still drinking at the same time. So I'm thinking tailgating must be alright.

H

HardRightEdge

A good portion of their history was at wrigley. Too bad they can't host a preseason game there

I thought of Wrigley too. One could attend a Cubs game, and between innings close one's eyes and picture Sayers swivel-hipping down the field, waving that left arm like an outrigger.

For Cubs game, they used to sell bleacher tickets only on game day...you'd stand in line, pay your $2 (that was 1973), and enjoy an afternoon in the sun. Fond memories, great ballpark. The price has gone up (a lot), but the experience is still special.

D

Dan115

YES, been to Wrigley ---- Saw Sayers in 65. Also been to a few Cub games. Lambeau for football--- Hands down the best.

Reaction score
I've been to a Packer game at Bank of America Stadium (Panthers stadium). My advice, stay home. (*unless they are playing the Packers):)

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lambeau is Fenway, then somebody has to be the Green Monster - maybe this guy :

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I've been to a Packer game at Bank of America Stadium (Panthers stadium). My advice, stay home. (*unless they are playing the Packers):)

Yeah, same here for that small toilet bowl of a stadium. The worst part of going to a panthers game is trying to get the hell out of there after the damn game. Traffic was unreal. Took us 4 hours to get back to a highway that is 10 min. down the road.

Reaction score
Yeah, same here for that small toilet bowl of a stadium. The worst part of going to a panthers game is trying to get the hell out of there after the damn game. Traffic was unreal. Took us 4 hours to get back to a highway that is 10 min. down the road.
I know! I have gone to every Packers Panthers game since 2000 and I live 20 minutes from Charlotte and it takes me like 2 hours to get out of the Parking lot :confused:

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to fly to Charlotte every week for work. I had a permanent room in the Residence Inn across from the stadium. John Fox would hold his weekly show in the hotel lobby. I remember seeing a few MNF games and staring at amazement at how tailgating occurred primarily in the parking ramps. After I turned off the television, I drifted soundly to sleep as drunk and angry southerners sat in line, waiting to inch closer to home.

Members online

Latest posts