The Favre watch keeps on ticking and ticking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 24, 2007

The latest update from Brett Favre: He's still figuring out his future, but it might not take as much time this year.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback spoke with a reporter from the Hattiesburg (Miss.) American on Tuesday night after watching his daughter Brittany play basketball for Oak Grove High School against Hattiesburg.

Last year, Favre waited until late March before announcing that he would return for a 16th NFL season.

This year, "There's not really (a timetable)," Favre said. "I said after the last game (Dec. 31) that I'd decide within two weeks, but I probably jumped the gun when I said that."

He said he would talk with Packers coach Mike McCarthy very soon, adding, "I don't want to drag this out as long as I did last year.

"I'm just trying to get as far away from it as I can right now," Favre said. "I don't know if I'll ever know for sure" whether it's time to retire.

- Frank Clines

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH MY GOD....HE'S HOLDING THE TEAM HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just had to say it before anyone else did.

In reality, I think this is good news, Brett saying he "jumped the gun" means he is still trying to decide.

Sounds like he got caught up in the moment after The Bears game, hopefully he makes his announcement within the next two weeks, my bet, he will wait until after the superbowl.

SAY YES BRETT!!!!!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this on TV last night. They have "Tractor Watch" on NBC channel 4 here.
I hope he decides soon so we know whether to get excited about next season's chances or not.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see what difference it makes at this point. There's not a thing management could do some other way if they knew one way or the other so I don't see any big deal.

The most critical thing IMO is having the opportunity to sign a veteran QB in the event he leaves. That and having an opportunity to spend the extra cash as wisely as possible. That's about the only thing different the team has to deal with if he goes.

As far as doing anything special if he stays I just don't see it. They didn't do that last year and I doubt they do anything this year other than what they feel is best for the Green Bay Packers.

Makes sense to me. After all MM and the Packers didn't design the offense around BF. They asked BF to adapt to the system they installed. It's all about the greater good of the team.

Just like it should be.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see what difference it makes at this point. There's not a thing management could do some other way if they knew one way or the other so I don't see any big deal.

The most critical thing IMO is having the opportunity to sign a veteran QB in the event he leaves. That and having an opportunity to spend the extra cash as wisely as possible. That's about the only thing different the team has to deal with if he goes.

As far as doing anything special if he stays I just don't see it. They didn't do that last year and I doubt they do anything this year other than what they feel is best for the Green Bay Packers.

Makes sense to me. After all MM and the Packers didn't design the offense around BF. They asked BF to adapt to the system they installed. It's all about the greater good of the team.

Just like it should be.

I agree, but only in respect to the draft. I think that free agents will want to know if they'll be playing on a team with a HOF QB, or a first year starter. And I think it could very remotely affect trades.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It could GREATLY affect if a FA player wants to come here or not.
Plus......I WANT to know if he's coming back!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think he will retire for one reason, he knows he can still play.

and because of that i think he will come back.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the longer the wait is, the better the chance he'll be back. After the Bears game, he said he would make a decision known in a "couple of weeks". I think if he would have been sitting in a press conference two weeks later, the news would have been very bad.

#4 will be back in 2007 and so will GB!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

Just like it should be.

I agree, but only in respect to the draft. I think that free agents will want to know if they'll be playing on a team with a HOF QB, or a first year starter. And I think it could very remotely affect trades.

I agree, but when free agency starts and he still hasn't decided, then Hostage Year 2 has begun.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm just talking about now. Why worry about it when the first moves we can make aren't until the beginning of March?

What would the Packers do tomorrow if Brett announced a decision today?

Nothing. There's nothing to do.

Let the guy play in the woods and chase his wife around the house for awhile. Geesh. We'll all know soon enough.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems to me he wants to come back. I think hes really liking Driver and Green right now as good help.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm just talking about now. Why worry about it when the first moves we can make aren't until the beginning of March?

What would the Packers do tomorrow if Brett announced a decision today?

Nothing. There's nothing to do.

Let the guy play in the woods and chase his wife around the house for awhile. Geesh. We'll all know soon enough.

nobody is saying anything will be different....slow your roll, war.

He can spend all his days in a kids pool filled with jello for all i care as long as he makes his decision before FA starts, and more preferably around superbowl time which is what he said (i believe). I don't like seeing respectable people not follow their word.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted: Jan. 24, 2007

The latest update from Brett Favre: He's still figuring out his future

Pretty much sums up the entire subject for the past 10 years. But people can be fascinated hearing the same thing over and over.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OH MY GOD....HE'S HOLDING THE TEAM HOSTAGE!!!!!!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Just had to say it before anyone else did.

In reality, I think this is good news, Brett saying he "jumped the gun" means he is still trying to decide.

Sounds like he got caught up in the moment after The Bears game, hopefully he makes his announcement within the next two weeks, my bet, he will wait until after the superbowl.

SAY YES BRETT!!!!!!!

Hes holding the fans hostage as well. Brett, give us one more year at least please.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
How do you know he has..??
Conspiracy theory pack66?
Yeah.....i'm SURE that Ted WANTS Brett to leave, so that he can watch the Packers go down the crapper one season earlier! Yeah! I'm SURE thats what TT wants! I mean.......wouldn't anyone in TT's position want his team to fail? That would make TT look like a failure too! Yeah......I'm CERTAIN thats what he wants!
(Look behind the grassy knoll! See??? It's TT waiting for Brett to drive by on his tractor!!!) :thumbsup:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't try and reason cheesey...it's a done deal. Everyone knows that TT and McCarthy want to start with the Aaron Rodgers regime. Even though they've publicly stated otherwise a zillion times, I'm sure they're out to get #4.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Let's try and avoid a ted thompson vs. favre arguement.

Why? Could we perhaps start a new thread with his comment and have those who care to elaborate do so?

Don't try and reason cheesey...it's a done deal. Everyone knows that TT and McCarthy want to start with the Aaron Rodgers regime. Even though they've publicly stated otherwise a zillion times, I'm sure they're out to get #4.

Because I for one would like to see the proof that Ted and McCarthy want to start the Aaron Rodgers regime. Things I've heard Mike say are contrary to that. For instance, when it was revealed that Mike talked with Brett saying he wanted him to play the following year and how Mike regretted talking about it since it was made public.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Let's try and avoid a ted thompson vs. favre arguement.

Why? Could we perhaps start a new thread with his comment and have those who care to elaborate do so?

Because I for one would like to see the proof that Ted and McCarthy want to start the Aaron Rodgers regime. Things I've heard Mike say are contrary to that. For instance, when it was revealed that Mike talked with Brett saying he wanted him to play the following year and how Mike regretted talking about it since it was made public.

I would like to see the proof as well but know that I won't because there is none. The Packers brass and HC want Favre back in the plans for '07. Brett knows it, the team knows it, and the public should know it. It's been stated over and over by the people who need to say it.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see BF being concerned with any moves TT has in mind.

I would have to think Favre believes full well that TT knows where the Pack is short better than anybody and will do what he feels is best to field the best team possible.

What BF DIDN"T know last year that he does now is how the system works, can he work it, and even if he can work it, will the damn thing work.

These are not things he needs to concern himself with now.

He knows they have a shot. Who TT picks up or can the new coaches coach or can the young guys play are not even in Brett's mind right now.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let me get this right, if Brett makes the decision to retire, it will be because of TT, and not his body, or his love for his family, but cuz TT hates him? ok.

:leaves before head explodes:

Brett: Press Conference Quote:

"Honestly, I can't see myself leaving the game unless it's due to injury or unless it's because management says Brett, we want to go in a different direction"

Now I will leave before my head explodes, because we all know he is not injured, so that would leave.............what ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts