The Dawning of a Legacy: Ep.1 - Aaron Rodgers

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my first attempt at an episodic series of threads about players who play for our beloved Green Bay Packers. The following are my personal opinions, memories, impressions, etc. I count myself as blessed that I have been able to watch Aaron's career since he came into the league. I may not remember every snap, every game, but I remember my feelings, what I thought and said, and my impressions I took from him.

I became a Packers fan in 1994 to the best of my memory's capabilities. Although this was the beginning of Brett Favre's Packers career I was very young, about 9 years old. I don't remember too much. I barely remember Super Bowl XXXI.

He (Favre) was my childhood football hero. Then came the dark times. After 2007 when he pulled a bunch of his crap I lost a ton of respect for the man.

Enter Aaron Rodgers. 24th pick over all in the 2005 NFL draft. Out of all the of the teams he could have (and perhaps SHOULD have) gone to, he ends up being drafted by my football team. A life-long fan has not only a player, but a 1st round draft pick from his home town being drafted by his team.

The second that Brett Favre left the team, I thought to myself "I gotta make sure I remember this guy. I gotta make sure I can tell my kids and grandkids about being able to watch Aaron Rodgers' whole career." I just knew he was gonna be great, but it took an official regular season NFL game to solidify it.

Now, this is just a very brief summary of the seasons so far since 2007.

2008: "Man, Rodgers can play! We are in good hands! Accuracy and intelligence!"

2009: "Holy crap, Brett who?! Rodgers is king! Accurate, smart, mobile, strong! Too bad the Cardinals got away with murder!"

2010: "A little rough to start, but here he sits at the top of mountain. Here come 2 - 3 more championships in a row!"

2011: "MVP MVP MVP!! We'll get 'em next year! 45-6, no other QB could match that!"

Since he took his first snap, to the last snap of yesterday's Jaguars game how do YOU feel? What are your personal favorite memories of Aaron Rodgers? First impressions?

(Apologies for keeping this kind of short and a synopsis, as I am at work and typing this between customers.)

Members online

Latest posts