The cowboys

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wischeez said:
I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word....

Actually, it IS a word and spelled correctly.

de·fence
(d-fns)
n. & v. Chiefly British
Variant of defense.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
defence or US defense
Noun
1. resistance against attack
2. something that provides such resistance
3. an argument or piece of writing in support of something that has been criticized or questioned
4. a country's military resources
5. Law a defendant's denial of the truth of a charge
6. Law the defendant and his or her legal advisers collectively
7. Sport the players in a team whose function is to prevent the opposing team from scoring
8. defences fortifications [Latin defendere to defend]
defenceless or US
defenseless adj

Opps

Dont you love it when someone thinks they are completely right and then get burned?

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first time ever I am agreeing with a Dallas fan :( HOWEVER: Don't quote me on this but I think I saw Roy Williams got injured last night. If so, what is the severity?

Being effective on D and winning the game against the Boys will be getting pressure on Romo. Eagles did it a little last night, Browns tried a 3-3-5 which clearly worked (sarcasm). Under pressure Romo will not be able to get the ball deep to T.O. and will be forced to rely on short routes and check down receivers IMO. With good coverage hopefully the Pack can pull out with a huge W.

The key for Dallas is keeping Rogers from spreading the ball all over to multiple receivers. I think it will be a close one, but I think GB will edge Dallas because I do not think either team looked that great last night, Philly put up big numbers and plays with a minus top 2 recieving corps.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sandtrapjack said:
mike bat said:
IMO ,, there are 2 keys to this game .. 1 preasure ROMO ,, we cant allow him to sit back there and pick his shots ... 2 is spred that ball around ( simalar to what we did to lions ) ballace the offence ... i agree we very well could walk away with a win .... we have to play smart ... i believe we could win this game ..
Pressure the QB? Balanced attack?
You think those up all by yourself?

The Packer defense has to bring its "A" game and maybe more. The Packers have not really been tested this year yet, no offense but it is not like the first two weeks of the season were games against what anyone would call "powerhouses".

But they will get tested Sunday night.

alright they are common thoughts ,, ill give you that ... but since you want an answer ill give you that too ... everyone and thier mom knows ,,, romo cant handle preasure ... if we send some preasure his way ,, look for romo to just drop the ball on the field or start throwing picks ... we have two of the best corners in the leauge ,,, so l will be watching for a couple picks ... as for us bringing our a game D ,,, no i dont even think we need that ....
the other part of the game the offence ... this is simple ,, i look for dd and Jennings and maybe Nelson too to attack that weak secondary of dallas ... dallas is known to give up the big play ... i believe this packer squad will go into lambeau and hand dallas thier *** ... we have the tools ,, just havent shown them all yet ...
and as for dallas beating the eagles ,, not a big deal ,,, so what ...

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
For the first time ever I am agreeing with a Dallas fan :( HOWEVER: Don't quote me on this but I think I saw Roy Williams got injured last night. If so, what is the severity?

He broke his arm and he's out for probably a month :rofl:

OP
OP
C

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
wischeez said:
I might take this comment more seriously, if you could actually spell the word defense... Sorry, not usually a stickler for grammar or spelling, but that's a 1st grade word....

Actually, it IS a word and spelled correctly.

de·fence
(d-fns)
n. & v. Chiefly British
Variant of defense.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
defence or US defense
Noun
1. resistance against attack
2. something that provides such resistance
3. an argument or piece of writing in support of something that has been criticized or questioned
4. a country's military resources
5. Law a defendant's denial of the truth of a charge
6. Law the defendant and his or her legal advisers collectively
7. Sport the players in a team whose function is to prevent the opposing team from scoring
8. defences fortifications [Latin defendere to defend]
defenceless or US
defenseless adj

Opps

Dont you love it when someone thinks they are completely right and then get burned?

Thank you, Wisccheez.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that won't bode well for Dallas. Lets hope Aaron has a good game! Gonna be a good one no matter what. They have a better chance at winning without Favre. Rogers makes better decisions.

OP
OP
C

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:

Being effective on D and winning the game against the Boys will be getting pressure on Romo. Eagles did it a little last night, Browns tried a 3-3-5 which clearly worked (sarcasm). Under pressure Romo will not be able to get the ball deep to T.O. and will be forced to rely on short routes and check down receivers IMO. With good coverage hopefully the Pack can pull out with a huge W.

The key for Dallas is keeping Rogers from spreading the ball all over to multiple receivers. I think it will be a close one, but I think GB will edge Dallas because I do not think either team looked that great last night, Philly put up big numbers and plays with a minus top 2 recieving corps.

Hey dansz15,

I got this from kffl.

Cowboys | R. Williams has fractured forearm
Tue, 16 Sep 2008 08:28:11 -0700

The Sports Network reports Dallas Cowboys SS Roy Williams (arm) will miss three to four weeks after fracturing his right forearm in Week 2. Williams was injured in the third quarter when making a special teams tackle. Williams is scheduled to undergo surgery Tuesday, Sept. 16, to implant a plate and screws in the forearm to stabilize the fracture.

SaltwaterServr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key for the Packers in this game will be the second half adjustments they make at halftime.

In the two games this season, our second half defense has allowed less than 225 yards combined and a total of 10 points. Offensively our production in the first and second halves are almost identical.

Cleveland, 1st half 224 yards, 2nd half 222 yards
Philly, 1st half 180 yards, 2nd half 199 yards.

If you want, you can look at our last three games including the loss in the playoffs. All three of those second halves combined, we allowed less than 275 yards COMBINED and a total of 17 points.

We're a very balanced team with an improved defense from last year and a few more playmakers on offense too.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know Dallas is a good team ,,, but im not sure we are worse ... get my drift ,, we know dallas is a solid squad ,,, but we may be better ...

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr said:
We're a very balanced team with an improved defense from last year and a few more playmakers on offense too.
I don't know if were much improved from last year if at all.. We did lose corey williams for a freakin 3rd string QB and only gained a backup LB

But yeah I agree halftime adjustments will be huge. Just look what the lions almost thought of doing last week. We were dominating the whole game then all the sudden wracked up only a FG in the 3rd quarter. What happened there? The lions had the better adjustment until there total breakdown in the last 6 minutes

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Cleveland, 1st half 224 yards, 2nd half 222 yards
Philly, 1st half 180 yards, 2nd half 199 yards."

I didn't know Cleveland put up that big of numbers. It looks like Dallas' defense is suspect then? I mean, they were mediocre at best and had the Eagles not handed them the game via fumbles and McNabb shoulda woulda coulda avoiding a few sacks they should of won. I dunno, the more I read these posts the more it looks like Dallas has their hands full when it comes to Rogers and his boys.

SaltwaterServr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that is going to give your defenSe fits isn't necessarily our receivers being covered by your damn good CB's.

The issue your defenSe is going to have is with our running back's and tight end's passing catching ability. Witten is ranked sixth right now in yardage by receivers with 206, but of course he's one of the best TE's in the league. For what it is worth, the next best TE has 70 less yards receiving.

What seemed to be our Achille's this preseason, special teams, has been for the most part fixed. Felix Jones was so very close to breaking 2 or 3 more kick-offs for TD's.

In week 1 it was our 5th round pick Orlando Scandrick making the plays at CB. This week it was Mike Jenkins knocking away a sure TD pass at the last second. To say we're ultimately excited by our rookies this year would be a grand understatement.

I do expect Aaron Rodgers to throw for somewhere between 250 to 290 yards. Our defense is designed to bend and stiffen up in the redzone. Philly's first two offensive drives both ended in field goals. They only had two legitimate offensive drives ending in touchdowns. I expect something along the same lines next Sunday night.

When the season started, I thought the only real legitimate tough games we were going to face this season were Green Bay, and Pittsburgh with a loss or two within our division. I'm not so sure about Pittsburgh now, but I still consider Green Bay a shoe-in for the NFC North division winner.

SaltwaterServr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
"Cleveland, 1st half 224 yards, 2nd half 222 yards
Philly, 1st half 180 yards, 2nd half 199 yards."

I didn't know Cleveland put up that big of numbers. It looks like Dallas' defense is suspect then? I mean, they were mediocre at best and had the Eagles not handed them the game via fumbles and McNabb shoulda woulda coulda avoiding a few sacks they should of won. I dunno, the more I read these posts the more it looks like Dallas has their hands full when it comes to Rogers and his boys.

Those are Dallas's offensive output numbers.

Cleveland had 70 something yards of total offense in the second half and Philly had 123 or so.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha yea that is what I thought. I was watching the Browns game I didn't think that was possible. Oh well still gonna be a great game.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr said:
The thing that is going to give your defenSe fits isn't necessarily our receivers being covered by your damn good CB's.

The issue your defenSe is going to have is with our running back's and tight end's passing catching ability. Witten is ranked sixth right now in yardage by receivers with 206, but of course he's one of the best TE's in the league. For what it is worth, the next best TE has 70 less yards receiving.

What seemed to be our Achille's this preseason, special teams, has been for the most part fixed. Felix Jones was so very close to breaking 2 or 3 more kick-offs for TD's.

In week 1 it was our 5th round pick Orlando Scandrick making the plays at CB. This week it was Mike Jenkins knocking away a sure TD pass at the last second. To say we're ultimately excited by our rookies this year would be a grand understatement.

I do expect Aaron Rodgers to throw for somewhere between 250 to 290 yards. Our defense is designed to bend and stiffen up in the redzone. Philly's first two offensive drives both ended in field goals. They only had two legitimate offensive drives ending in touchdowns. I expect something along the same lines next Sunday night.

When the season started, I thought the only real legitimate tough games we were going to face this season were Green Bay, and Pittsburgh with a loss or two within our division. I'm not so sure about Pittsburgh now, but I still consider Green Bay a shoe-in for the NFC North division winner.

why must you think the packers are like Philly ???? why i dont get that ... Philly sucks ,, thats doesnt say much for the cowgirls win over them ... well see ,, im not saying the cowgirls suck ... but i do think the packers will make good on all the cowgirls mistakes ... and lets not sugar coat it ,, the cowgirls do tend to make mistakes ... your 1st mistake will be your faulty 2ndary letting Jenning catch the ball with running room ...

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys kidding me? Cowboys beat the Pack last year with Favre. Now all of a sudden since you have a new QB you think youre gonna beat the boys? Face facts the Packers didnt beat Minnesota that badly and took alot of credit for beating one of the worst teams in the NFL (detroit). I have a feeling that Rodgers lack of experience is gonna show in this game. when our defensive comes beating on Rodgers front door and he tries to run out the back D. Ware will be waiting!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cowboysfootball said:
Are you guys kidding me? Cowboys beat the Pack last year with Favre. Now all of a sudden since you have a new QB you think youre gonna beat the boys? Face facts the Packers didnt beat Minnesota that badly and took alot of credit for beating one of the worst teams in the NFL (detroit). I have a feeling that Rodgers lack of experience is gonna show in this game. when our defensive comes beating on Rodgers front door and he tries to run out the back D. Ware will be waiting!
and thats your 2nd mistake ... dont over look us ,, fool ... thats why the cowgirls never see playoffs ,, you guys are suckaz ....

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh right and the packers did that much better? you guys gave up the best thing that ever happened to you for somone still sippin on a big bottle of beginners luck. lets see how he does against a real team. none of this "we beat the pants off detroit!" i mean who really cares? LOL i think USC wouldve beat them even worse..

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you think for a seconed the pack would have sent brett to new york ,, if they didnt have reason to believe Rodgers couldent fill the void ??? you are a cowgirl ... Rodgers has been here ,, learning the game from a legened ... it showes in his play ... i geuss you girls will have to see to believe ... again suckas ...
ohh and because you girls beat a busted up Philly your going to the bowl ,,, again SUCKAZ ...

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
theres a big difference between being a legend and sittin on the bench watching one work. just because he sat on the same toilet seat as favre doesnt mean he has what favre did this isnt an STD its football. beat a real team (after we beat u) then talk about rogers. look at any commentator noone is giving rogers the nod yet. everyone knows theres a big difference in playin a team struggling to find itself and a team stacked from the ground up who is head hunting to prove they ARE the team to beat

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok so what will be your rebuddle when Rodgers takes it to your *** ??? if tony **** gets beat by a Rookie he may as weel grow a gotie and move to mexico ,, with jess ... you will see ,, the girls aint all that ...

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I were a cowboy fan I'd hope that Dallas' D puts pressure on Rodgers. On Monday night Philly didn't have their top WRs and they ran all over Dallas' secondary. If Rodgers has time and the Pack can run the ball just enough to keep the cowboys' honest can their secondary contain Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Nelson and Lee? :eek: :lol:

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but do u forget that philly has the biggest D line in the nfl? u guys underestimate philly. D line of philly is far superior to that of greenbay and we STILL got sacks and pressure and rushed plays. and all of our stars werent there either. itll be a clash of titans unfortunately your leader might get caught in the middle

cowboysfootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and i guess u guys have short term memory but we did just fine when we smashed the pack last year didnt we? DIDNT WE? what about that?? "Oh oh I forgot"

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pugger said:
If I were a cowboy fan I'd hope that Dallas' D puts pressure on Rodgers. On Monday night Philly didn't have their top WRs and they ran all over Dallas' secondary. If Rodgers has time and the Pack can run the ball just enough to keep the cowboys' honest can their secondary contain Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin, Nelson and Lee? :eek: :lol:

i agree and the more i think about the wepons we have to offer ,,, the more i think about changing my prediction to 35 gb-3 girls ... we are the team to beat the girls ... ohh and what if they do bring some presaure ,, then Rodgers will move from the pocket ... maybee crazy leggs for a 1st down ,,, or hit Jennings for a td ...

Members online

Latest posts