The best in the NFC?

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After yesterday's game I personally believe that the packers are the best team in the NFC. I really don't think that the cowgirls are as good as everyone thinks they are. just curious as to what everyone else thinks. I think the cowboys have already peaked and are now on the downside of their season, and I think the packers have yet to peak . It seems like Brett never really hits his stride until December. The Pack just gets better and better every week

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
17 days till GB shows the world they're the best in the NFC.

(its 17 days right? whatever)

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe your math is accurate Trom.

I for one think this team can certainly win at Dallas. Perhaps the only thing Dallas will have going for them is Texas Stadium - and that has bothered the Packers all that much lately.

bt_impaler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game at a time. Got Carolina coming up - cannot overlook them. McCarthy seems to have the team focused. However, if we're going into that game against the 'boys healthy. I don't see any reason why we can't win. We match up well defensively. Woodson and Harris will frustrate their receivers with their bump and run style. Bigby and Rouse/Collins(if he's healthy) will need to do their part and be assignment sure. Marion Barber is a tough aggressive runner - the most violent runner in the league - so we'll have to contain him. Offensively, we should have the advantage - their defense is aggressive but we can exploit their secondary. Roy Williams delivers big hits but lacks pass coverage ability. Our Run 'n' Shoot style offense has too many receiving threats. We give Favre time, we'll score points.

BTW - This offense is way more Run 'n' Shoot than West Coast. The true WCO never used shotgun. Yes we use the pass to set up the run and our pass game and our pass game relies on short passes so in that way it's a sort of hybrid. 5 wide receiver spreads with shotgun formation is far from WCO. McCarthy uses the tools he's given - and hell, with a deep deep blue collar receiving core and a future Hall of Famer why not spread it out.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's too close to call between the Packers and the Cowboys. As someone mentioned in another thread, a lot of people give the Cowboys the edge because their only loss was to New England, while the Packers lost to the Bears. The Packers should match up well with the Cowboys though (their D-backs are a little suspect in coverage, and the Packers have a lot of good receivers and a QB who knows where to find them), and it should be a heck of a game on November 29th. May the best team win.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but Cowgirls got murdered by Pats, and Bears only just scraped past us, and we all know Bears put all their energies into us. Wasn't one of Lovie Smith's first statements that he would help beat Packers?

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until I see a more consistent running game, it has to go to Dallas.

But we're a lot closer than everybody gives us credit for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts