The Bears won, but look on the bright side...

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. No Super Bowl for Mike McKenzie.

2. For two more weeks we get to watch film clips of Rex Grossman's passes being picked off by Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, and Patrick Dendy.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both excellent points I had overlooked, Greg!

Yeah, McKenzie in the Superbowl ... He'd have to get burned real good to make that watchable ;) :jumpflame:

Chris

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but id rather the saints in te SB. Should I root for the bears or te colts? Im not sure. I dont want comparisons the manning is better than Favre. HE ISN'T EVER. I just dont want people saying that. lose lose situation here. OH well, ill root for the colts. Cuz i hate the bears :wink:

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but id rather the saints in te SB. Should I root for the bears or te colts? Im not sure. I dont want comparisons the manning is better than Favre. HE ISN'T EVER. I just dont want people saying that. lose lose situation here. OH well, ill root for the colts. Cuz i hate the bears :wink:

If Manning wins a Super Bowl, he will be equal to Favre in championships, and he already has sexier statistics. So yeah, people will start saying he's better than Favre. And maybe they will be right. I've thought for the past few years that Manning is destined to be one of the all-time great QB's. But I'm not going to worry about how that affects Favre. Favre is a unique player, and his legacy is assured.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for the Colts as well. Manning will never be better than Favre, but he is second only to Favre in the two-minute drill. Plus I think Grossman is the most undeserving quarterback to ever be in a Super Bowl. I'm a bit bias towards the Colts anyways cause two of my Hawkeyes are on the team, Dallas Clark and Bob Sanders, and I'd love to see them get rings!

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning will ulitmately break every one of Favre's records and is currently on pace to destroy them. He is bigger, has a better arm, better mechanics, no addictions and is much smarter. He is superior to Favre in every concievable way and the only consolation I would get from the Bears losing the SB is watching Peyton move ever closer to eclipsing Favre in each category. Favre has only been great in his durability, looking at his numbers supports this. Thank god his records wont stand long.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Manning will ulitmately break every one of Favre's records and is currently on pace to destroy them. He is bigger, has a better arm, better mechanics, no addictions and is much smarter. He is superior to Favre in every concievable way and the only consolation I would get from the Bears losing the SB is watching Peyton move ever closer to eclipsing Favre in each category. Favre has only been great in his durability, looking at his numbers supports this. Thank god his records wont stand long.

Boy..how pathetic.

Your teams on the way to the SB and the only thing you have to look forward to is Manning passing Favre's HOF records....

The only thing you forgot is that Manning has a HOF receiver to throw to in Marvin Harrison and another one who is almost as good in Reggie Wayne. If Favre had these guys to throw to as long as Manning has the records would be permanently out of reach.....FOREVER....

Have fun watching the Bears get crushed in the SB... :thumbsup:

HAHAHA....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

He has one addiction..

try and figure it out

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Boy..how pathetic.

Your teams on the way to the SB and the only thing you have to look forward to is Manning passing Favre's HOF records....

The only thing you forgot is that Manning has a HOF receiver to throw to in Marvin Harrison and another one who is almost as good in Reggie Wayne. If Favre had these guys to throw to as long as Manning has the records would be permanently out of reach.....FOREVER....

Have fun watching the Bears get crushed in the SB... :thumbsup:

HAHAHA....

Just think. You have posted that before both playoff games. This is your last chance. Hope it works out for you.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you compare Favre and Mannings numbers for their first 9 seasons, Mannings stats are better......but, Favre only played in 2 games his rookie year. Favre is behind Manning by about what his average season's stats are. Favre played 15 less games in his first 9 seasons than Manning has. If you take Favre's first nine years as starting quarterback, their numbers are nearly identical. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but look at their numbers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If you compare Favre and Mannings numbers for their first 9 seasons, Mannings stats are better......but, Favre only played in 2 games his rookie year. Favre is behind Manning by about what his average season's stats are. Favre played 15 less games in his first 9 seasons than Manning has. If you take Favre's first nine years as starting quarterback, their numbers are nearly identical.

dont confuse them with facts

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

If you compare Favre and Mannings numbers for their first 9 seasons, Mannings stats are better......but, Favre only played in 2 games his rookie year. Favre is behind Manning by about what his average season's stats are. Favre played 15 less games in his first 9 seasons than Manning has. If you take Favre's first nine years as starting quarterback, their numbers are nearly identical. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but look at their numbers.

Is "nearly identitical" Packerspeak for "Favre is just a little worse?"
:rotflmao:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just showing that Manning is nowhere near "on pace to destroy" Favre's records, as you claimed. I could care less if Favre's records are broken by Manning. When Favre broke Marino's records, did it take away from Marino's greatness? They're going to be broken eventually, and Manning is a great QB and a classy QB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

Just showing that Manning is nowhere near "on pace to destroy" Favre's records, as you claimed. I could care less if Favre's records are broken by Manning. When Favre broke Marino's records, did it take away from Marino's greatness? They're going to be broken eventually, and Manning is a great QB and a classy QB.

I warned ya, no FACTS

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

Too true. Marino was indeed a much better QB than Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
nathaniel said:
BearPerspective said:

Too true. Marino was indeed a much better QB than Favre.

Wow, your opinion is something that is relevant to our thoughts?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
2. For two more weeks we get to watch film clips of Rex Grossman's passes being picked off by Patrick Dendy.

I have that on a loop on all my TVs in the house 24\7

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

If Manning wins a Super Bowl, he will be equal to Favre in championships, and he already has sexier statistics. So yeah, people will start saying he's better than Favre. And maybe they will be right. I've thought for the past few years that Manning is destined to be one of the all-time great QB's. But I'm not going to worry about how that affects Favre. Favre is a unique player, and his legacy is assured.
GREAT points Greg!
No matter what Manning does, it in NO way takes away from what Favre has done. All the negative Favre talk in this post is just jealousy from Bears fans that WISH they had a QB of Favre's talent.
And you NEVER know what might happen with Manning. An injury could stop him in his tracks.
Bears fans........just look back at a guy named Gale Sayers.........he COULD have been one of the greatest RB's of all time, but a injury stopped that REAL quick.
Favre has REACHED the pinnacle of QB records, and has only a few steps to reach the summit. Manning is going fast, and is halfway up..........but might not ever reach the top. You never know.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I thought long and hard, but I am going to root for the Bears to win the SuperBowl, I cannot get myself to root for Manning ever...Im afraid thats the name we will here over and over again and I am already sick of that name (Manning)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I thought long and hard, but I am going to root for the Bears to win the SuperBowl, I cannot get myself to root for Manning ever...Im afraid thats the name we will here over and over again and I am already sick of that name (Manning)
You shouldn't let that bother you Hedder! Manning is a good QB, and i think sooner or later (barring injury) he will get that SB ring anyway. He has some great WR's to throw to too. Besides.........do you want to come here and keep hearing about the GREAT "Rex Grossman?"
You KNOW that if HE gets a SB ring, we will NEVER hear the end of it from Bears fans! No matter that Favre was 3 time MVP, or that he's thrown over 400 TD passes, they will say "SO? GROSSMAN has JUST as many SB rings as Favre!"
With that, i will be cheering for the Colts!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
manning is a good q.b. but i dont think he will beat out brett because next year we go to the s.b. and brett will have 2 rings more playing time colts will win this year because they have a q.b. that can manage a clock and they have vinitari,thats the only reason n.e. won brady just needed to get so far down the field,in those close games and vinnie did the rest,where brett takes it all the way down not saying brett hasnt made some bad disions brett stands alone in many ways but manning is good.i hope the colts win rex is not that good of a q.b. the games they won were because the d-line and special teams put most of the points on the board maybe they should leave their o-line at home sure dont need them to win :twocents:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
You shouldn't let that bother you Hedder! Manning is a good QB, and i think sooner or later (barring injury) he will get that SB ring anyway. He has some great WR's to throw to too. Besides.........do you want to come here and keep hearing about the GREAT "Rex Grossman?"
You KNOW that if HE gets a SB ring, we will NEVER hear the end of it from Bears fans! No matter that Favre was 3 time MVP, or that he's thrown over 400 TD passes, they will say "SO? GROSSMAN has JUST as many SB rings as Favre!"
With that, i will be cheering for the Colts!

I understand what you are saying Cheesy, its just such a toss up....dont we hear the name Peyton Manning all the time now? Think if he wins a superbowl...Although I do like his Brother Eli I think cause he dont get as much of the hype as Peyton does..as for Rex Grossman, do I think he deserves a Superbowl ring? Noway, he has played some lousy games and I think his team carries him, but guess he played when they counted though or they wouldnt be going to a superbowl...I just wished a team that I wanted to win was going, these two teams its just hard to pick one to root for....but listening to some of you talk on here, I will root for the Colts to win...thanks for the tips...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem Hedder!
We are gonna hear about Manning either way, so why not at the expense of "Da Bears!" :thumbsup:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...I understand what you are saying Cheesy, its just such a toss up....dont we hear the name Peyton Manning all the time now? ...

Would you rather see Rex Grossman with a Super Bowl Ring ?

:puke:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When Favre broke Marino's records?
And when did that happen?

By the way, my co-worker went to Pitt with Dan Marino and he said that Marino was a pompous *** even in college.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts