the BAFA

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ie the British American Fottball Association

i was quite pleased to hear a wee while back that there was a new team in my hometown that had been started up, and had been accepted into the BAFA, the last team we had in Aberdeen(the granite city oilers) disbanded in 1995.

anyway i attended my first ever american football game yesterday, unfortunately we got ****** 46-0 by the clyde valley blackhawks(****in weegies), but my team the Aberdeen Roughnecks showed enough to me that thay have some talent and can play a bit. they also post regularly on facebook that new players are welcome, should i at 34 embark in a new career of american fitba?

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
ie the British American Fottball Association

i was quite pleased to hear a wee while back that there was a new team in my hometown that had been started up, and had been accepted into the BAFA, the last team we had in Aberdeen(the granite city oilers) disbanded in 1995.

anyway i attended my first ever american football game yesterday, unfortunately we got ****** 46-0 by the clyde valley blackhawks(****** weegies), but my team the Aberdeen Roughnecks showed enough to me that thay have some talent and can play a bit. they also post regularly on facebook that new players are welcome, should i at 34 embark in a new career of american fitba?
Why not? Go for it ! :tup: Defense or Offense ? What position ? :cautious:;)

OP
OP
scotscheese

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in all honesty, i've no idea what position. given my physical state(size) probably a lineman of some sort, but i do have a safe pair of hands being a goalkeeper, and have excellent coverage of short distances, and built quite powerfully

OP
OP
scotscheese

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, so i attended my first training session at the weekend, was working out with the linemen of the team. and while i seemed to get through it ok, with just my legs being a bit sore, and me breathing through me **** due to general fitness, my knee has now given up on me two days later, got to rest it up for 2/3 days and not do any excercise on it for 2/3 weeks, which rules me out of the last training session before christmas

Bundesbiers

1. FC Eintracht Bamberg
Reaction score
ok, so i attended my first training session at the weekend, was working out with the linemen of the team. and while i seemed to get through it ok, with just my legs being a bit sore, and me breathing through me **** due to general fitness, my knee has now given up on me two days later, got to rest it up for 2/3 days and not do any excercise on it for 2/3 weeks, which rules me out of the last training session before christmas

Bummer man.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, doesnt sound like a good start for a promising football career ;)

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
34 is kind of old for a body to take the punishment of American Football. But at least you gave it a try and won't look back with regrets because you didn't try.

OP
OP
scotscheese

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think i need to try and get my general fitness improved before they start their training camp after new year, then i might have a chance of being able to cope physically

it's the hardest i've pushed myself for a long time so hoping some regular excercise will help condition my body a bit, and there are older players in the squad already, but they are generally fitter than i am

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts