The average age of the current Green Bay Packers is.....

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
25.41 years old.

We have a super young team (Favre, Franks, and Rob Davis used increase our average a bit.)

We only have six guys 30 or older.

KGB - 30
Tauscher - 30
Clifton - 31
Woodson - 31
Driver - 33
Harris - 33

Al Harris is the oldest guy on the team.

Joe Porter (who?) and Brandon Jackson are the youngest guys on the team.

Thoughts?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Yes... I have a thought/question.

If anyone knows the answer.

What was the average age of the Green Bay Packers last year?

R.P.

-Each team's average age is based upon its opening-day roster. A look at the five youngest teams in 2007:

Team: Average Age
Green Bay: 26 years, 89 days
Indianapolis: 26 years, 91 days
N.Y. Giants: 26 years, 190 days
Dallas: 26 years, 197 days
Carolina: 26 years, 252 days
- Statistics provided by Elias Sports Bureau

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

-Each team's average age is based upon its opening-day roster. A look at the five youngest teams in 2007:

As always..... Thank's Arrow.

R.P..

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The team as a whole might be young, but Harris, Woodson, Tauscher, Clifton, and Driver are arguably the 5 most important players on the team. Hopefully TT will find suitable replacements in the draft in the next 2 years

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see the number going up closer to last year depending on what is done at the QB, TE and other backup positions. If they are looking for veteran help in these areas we will gain back some age...

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

Urgh. 2 of my least favorite teams (the Cows and the Colts) are also very young. Does that mean we'll have to deal with them being good for years? :(

OP
OP
M

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok sorry, he is still on the roster on the website.

the website really needs to be updated. when i looked at it two days ago, the chillar signing wasn't even mentioned anywhere.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
favrefourevre said:
Ok sorry, he is still on the roster on the website.

the website really needs to be updated. when i looked at it two days ago, the chillar signing wasn't even mentioned anywhere.

I think they are still trying to rehire "new" people after the axing due to the Favre pre-posted snafu... :p

Reaction score
Urgh. 2 of my least favorite teams (the Cows and the Colts) are also very young. Does that mean we'll have to deal with them being good for years? :(

Well the Colts are cash strapped with what they can do.

They've spent the big bucks on TE Clark, DE Freeney, S Bob Sanders, QB Manning, WR Harrison.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne wants a new contract the way he has been playing lately.

It's basically a situation where the Colts have become victims of their own success, to some degree.

Last time I checked, they had less than 10 million in cap space. That might have changed since they resigned Clark after giving him the franchise tag. But the Colts have a lot of money invested in very few players.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Well the Colts are cash strapped with what they can do.

They've spent the big bucks on TE Clark, DE Freeney, S Bob Sanders, QB Manning, WR Harrison.

I wouldn't be surprised if Wayne wants a new contract the way he has been playing lately.

It's basically a situation where the Colts have become victims of their own success, to some degree.

Last time I checked, they had less than 10 million in cap space. That might have changed since they resigned Clark after giving him the franchise tag. But the Colts have a lot of money invested in very few players.

With Harrison's knee issues, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get cut. "But wouldn't they have already done that?", you ask. Well, i think they're waiting to see how his knee situation progresses. if they're not confident he'll be healthy in 2008, he's gonna get the ax.

Members online

Latest posts