The advantage is missing.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope this team can return to it's winning ways at home. To many heartbreaking loses at Lambeau as of late including a playoff one to a team from the West Coast smh. Maybe they need to add another 15,000 seats or something. None the less I don't think playing at home in the playoffs is a benefit to us anymore being
a team who likes to throw. Maybe we have to go through San Fran, New Orleans, or even Seattle to get to the SB and avoid the frigid cold of Lambeau all together. I'd actually prefer it that way as Rodgers will light a dome up which is what I like to see.

D

Deleted member 6794

I really hope this team can return to it's winning ways at home. To many heartbreaking loses at Lambeau as of late including a playoff one to a team from the West Coast smh. Maybe they need to add another 15,000 seats or something. None the less I don't think playing at home in the playoffs is a benefit to us anymore being
a team who likes to throw. Maybe we have to go through San Fran, New Orleans, or even Seattle to get to the SB and avoid the frigid cold of Lambeau all together. I'd actually prefer it that way as Rodgers will light a dome up which is what I like to see.

While the Packers have lost two home playoff games over the last four seasons, one because they really played bad vs. the Giants in 2011 and one to a superior team in the Niners last season, the Packers are 24-2 at Lambeau over the last four years in the regular season which Rodgers playing the entire or most of the game.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers at home in the playoffs = close toss up game.
49ers away in playoffs = embarrassing blow out

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers have lost two home playoff games over the last four seasons, one because they really played bad vs. the Giants in 2011 and one to a superior team in the Niners last season, the Packers are 24-2 at Lambeau over the last four years in the regular season which Rodgers playing the entire or most of the game.

Regular season meh:-/ it's mainly the playoff loses that I'm referring to. A couple blowout loses and not being able to use the elements in out favor being a "cold wether team" is just disappointing. With this revamped running game hopefully we can sustain more drives and the defense can stop sombody.

D

Deleted member 6794

Regular season meh:-/ it's mainly the playoff loses that I'm referring to.

Well, regular season wins do get a team in the playoffs, so I think they should be taken into consideration.

A couple blowout loses and not being able to use the elements in out favor being a "cold wether team" is just disappointing. With this revamped running game hopefully we can sustain more drives and the defense can stop sombody.

I think the Packers played a pretty good game vs. the Niners thinking about the circumstances. I wouldn´t call losing on a FG with time running out as a blowout loss.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, regular season wins do get a team in the playoffs, so I think they should be taken into consideration.

Of course.

I think the Packers played a pretty good game vs. the Niners thinking about the circumstances. I wouldn´t call losing on a FG with time running out as a blowout loss.

I was referring to the loses against the Giants. As for The Niners loss It wasn't a blowout, but the moral of the story is as a warm weather team coming to our place we had the advantage. Didn't look that way the entire game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I was referring to the loses against the Giants. As for The Niners loss It wasn't a blowout, but the moral of the story is as a warm weather team coming to our place we had the advantage. Didn't look that way the entire game.

The Niners were by far the more talented team during last year´s playoffs, there´s only so much home advantage can do for a team. The Packers played a really sloppy game vs. the Giants in the 2011 playoffs, they would have lost playing that way everywhere on the planet.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Niners were by far the more talented team during last year´s playoffs, there´s only so much home advantage can do for a team. The Packers played a really sloppy game vs. the Giants in the 2011 playoffs, they would have lost playing that way everywhere on the planet.

Haha ya think ?!

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has changed though, I agree that far with the O.P. It used to be automatic we were 7-1, or 8-0 at home, so all we'd have to do is win 2 or 3 on the road to win the division. Due to injuries and honestly I think a lack of pride and toughness we've lost that edge and swagger where we as fans could go in and say 'ok we're at least 7-1 at home'.

D

Deleted member 6794

It has changed though, I agree that far with the O.P. It used to be automatic we were 7-1, or 8-0 at home, so all we'd have to do is win 2 or 3 on the road to win the division. Due to injuries and honestly I think a lack of pride and toughness we've lost that edge and swagger where we as fans could go in and say 'ok we're at least 7-1 at home'.

Since the NFL changed to a 16-game schedule the Packers won 7 or more home games only 8 times in 30 seasons before Rodgers became the starter. Since then it has happened three times, don´t see how we have lost the home field advantage.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers Playoff Numbers and Record:

At Home: 1-2 (win was over Joe Webb Vikings)
Away: 4-2 (first loss in Arizona, he lit it up, except 2 big mistakes)

Rodgers loves to play in a dome on the road.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers Playoff Numbers and Record:

At Home: 1-2 (win was over Joe Webb Vikings)
Away: 4-2 (first loss in Arizona, he lit it up, except 2 big mistakes)

Rodgers loves to play in a dome on the road.

Rodgers is actually 3-2 on the road in the playoffs, the Super Bowl isn´t a road game. Two of those wins came while playing outside with the temperature below 32 degrees.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is actually 3-2 on the road in the playoffs, the Super Bowl isn´t a road game. Two of those wins came while playing outside with the temperature below 32 degrees.
It was away from Lambeau, away from the cold outdoors.

Look how he did...... at Chicago, cold weather, not good. At Philly before that, outdoor, had under 100-something yards passing. At home vs the Giants in 2011, didn't fare well. At home this year vs 49ers in January, Kaepernick outPASSED him as well as rushed for almost 100 yards.

But in domes, in Arizona, Atlanta, in Dallas Super Bowl, 75 degrees and no wind?
135+ passer rating.
It's no coincidence.
And no mystery.
Any QB and WR would prefer the perfect climate.

D

Deleted member 6794

It was away from Lambeau, away from the cold outdoors.

Look how he did...... at Chicago, cold weather, not good. At Philly before that, outdoor, had under 100-something yards passing. At home vs the Giants in 2011, didn't fare well. At home this year vs 49ers in January, Kaepernick outPASSED him as well as rushed for almost 100 yards.

But in domes, in Arizona, Atlanta, in Dallas Super Bowl, 75 degrees and no wind?
135+ passer rating.
It's no coincidence.
And no mystery.
Any QB and WR would prefer the perfect climate.

In Philly Rodgers had only 180 yards but threw for three TDs, completing 18 of 27 passes. He didn´t have a good game vs. the Bears, but their defense was pretty good in 2010.

Of course a QB would prefer to play indoors all the time, but that doesn´t mean we don´t have any advantage playing at Lambeau.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
49ers at home in the playoffs = close toss up game.
49ers away in playoffs = embarrassing blow out
I have to disagree with this assertion. The season opener in SF last year was a toss up and the game was tied or within one score throughout. The playoff home loss was our game for the taking but once again CK's legs essentially beat us on the 3rd and 8. If and when (fingers crossed) we add some much needed speed in the middle of the D I sincerely feel the balance will sway to our side. With added speed, a full or mostly full contingent of defensive players and the addition of JPep I can't help but seeing our D becoming much improved. This to go along with a run game that will continue to blossom and I just can't see how the above statement has any validity whatsoever. Look, I am sick of losing to the 9'ers as much as anyone (my father in law and brother in law are die hard, Cali born 9'ers fans...eehhhh) but I don't see this great divide between the 2 squads. Whether the game is in GB, SF or even a neutral site I just can't justify anything other than calling it a pick 'em? As always, to each there own but if and when we meet again I truly like our chances to choke slam this monkey off our back. Now let's load up the next 3-5 days and prepare for another Green and Gold championship run baby! GPG!

D

Deleted member 6794

I have to disagree with this assertion. The season opener in SF last year was a toss up and the game was tied or within one score throughout. The playoff home loss was our game for the taking but once again CK's legs essentially beat us on the 3rd and 8. If and when (fingers crossed) we add some much needed speed in the middle of the D I sincerely feel the balance will sway to our side. With added speed, a full or mostly full contingent of defensive players and the addition of JPep I can't help but seeing our D becoming much improved. This to go along with a run game that will continue to blossom and I just can't see how the above statement has any validity whatsoever. Look, I am sick of losing to the 9'ers as much as anyone (my father in law and brother in law are die hard, Cali born 9'ers fans...eehhhh) but I don't see this great divide between the 2 squads. Whether the game is in GB, SF or even a neutral site I just can't justify anything other than calling it a pick 'em? As always, to each there own but if and when we meet again I truly like our chances to choke slam this monkey off our back. Now let's load up the next 3-5 days and prepare for another Green and Gold championship run baby! GPG!

I like your optimism, but right now we´ve lost four times in a row to the Niners and as long as we don´t beat them at least once they should be considered the superior team. In addition we haven´t improved that much by adding only Peppers during free agency. I hope as well as this year´s draft results in some impact players coming to Green Bay, but the Niners do participate in the draft as well, having 11 picks in total and six in the top 100.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right.
The Niners also draft, and they have drafted better than we have, especially with the 1st round picks.
They also have more picks and high picks than we do.

And they take part in free agency more, as well as trades. Boldin was a bargain city trade gift they went out and got.

BUT, if they get our bad luck with injuries, and we get their good luck, we'll kick their arses. Here or there.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with this assertion. The season opener in SF last year was a toss up and the game was tied or within one score throughout.

That game was pretty much decided by the clock. Whichever team had the ball last was going to win and it ended up coming out in their favor.

Reaction score
The playoff loses at home are embarrassing, but in fairness.

1. Our oline was wiped out (sapp! :mad: ) and our linebackers were too slow for Vick.
2. That Giants squad beat the undefeated Patriots, they were too hot at the time.
3. Clifton injured again, D just sucked. Our strengths didn't show up to keep us alive.
4. We were wiped out against a loaded (and healthy) niner squad, we had them beat! :x3:

We just need a healthy season, our young dudes on Defense to man up - we've got a running game now, so it's just the Defense.

Members online

Latest posts