The #4 & #5 WR's, who do you expect?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our WR's have thinned out quickly losing the All-Time Packers receiver Donald Driver, and the chase-the-cash greedy Greg Jennings.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We still have a Big 3, but most likely, each of them will miss a, or some, games, and it's possible 2 in the same game.
So from Jarrett Boykin, who I love, and Jeremy Ross, some guys are going to have to step up. Those should be the 5 who make it, again barring injuries which is like asking for miracles with our injury luck.

Which of these new guys has the best chance to make any contribution at WR this year?

6-1 Kevin Dorsey
6-2 Charles Johnson
6-0 Myles White

5-10 Tyrone Walker
6-0 Terrell Sinkfield

6-1 Alex Gillett
5-11 Sederrik Cunningham

H

HardRightEdge

Boykin has a fairly solid hold on #4.

Ross' spot is up for grabs in my opinion provided we find his replacement as a punt returner which should be explored regardless. Franklin on both KOs and punts would be a possibility. I normally don't get down on guy for an isolated mistake, but that Ross muff against SF was very bad.

We could carry 5 or 6...I'm thinking maybe 6 again since there in very little experience past the top 3. The first 3 you list would be odds on favorites. I'd like to think Johnson and/or White would make it...you can't teach speed and we could use a guy who can stretch the field and get those pesky cover 2 safeties back a step or two.

Realistically, Johnson is likely heading to the practice squad. Most 1st. round pick WRs don't get the hang of it until their second year. A small college guy probably needs a full year on the back bench and so far he hasn't gotten much work due to injury.

I'd guess White has the best chance for the 53 man, but there's really too much competition in front of us to know.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wes Hodiekowitz or whatever his last name is, of the GB Press Gazette, likes Tyrone Walker most among those young WRs.

I think we could use a deep threat since Jordy is not color-fooling the DB's deep as much as before.
Jones and Cobb are not the stretch-the-field type WRs either, nor is Boykin.

If Rodgers can connect deep a few times and move the safety back more, that could open the middle up more for J-Mike, Cobb, etc to use the middle of the field, space.

H

HardRightEdge

Wes Hodiekowitz or whatever his last name is, of the GB Press Gazette, likes Tyrone Walker most among those young WRs.

I think we could use a deep threat since Jordy is not color-fooling the DB's deep as much as before.
Jones and Cobb are not the stretch-the-field type WRs either, nor is Boykin.

If Rodgers can connect deep a few times and move the safety back more, that could open the middle up more for J-Mike, Cobb, etc to use the middle of the field, space.

Walker is something like 5'10" and runs a 4.6. Highly productive in a lower tier conference. Occasionally a player comes along who is so fundamentally and instinctually outstanding he overcomes a lack of size and athleticism. They are not common by any means. The step up to the NFL washes out the vast majority of players with sub-standard measurables even if they are straight-up football players. He's getting a shot, but it's a long shot.

It comes back to the fact you can't teach speed and you can't teach size.

AFan77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our WR's have thinned out quickly losing the All-Time Packers receiver Donald Driver, and the chase-the-cash greedy Greg Jennings.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

We still have a Big 3, but most likely, each of them will miss a, or some, games, and it's possible 2 in the same game.
So from Jarrett Boykin, who I love, and Jeremy Ross, some guys are going to have to step up. Those should be the 5 who make it, again barring injuries which is like asking for miracles with our injury luck.

Which of these new guys has the best chance to make any contribution at WR this year?

6-1 Kevin Dorsey
6-2 Charles Johnson
6-0 Myles White

5-10 Tyrone Walker
6-0 Terrell Sinkfield

6-1 Alex Gillett
5-11 Sederrik Cunningham

Lol, on the niners board, we've spent all offseason wondering what WR would step up as the number 2. Must be nice. . .

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol, on the niners board, we've spent all offseason wondering what WR would step up as the number 2. Must be nice. . .
Kaepernick still has Vernon Davis, and he can just run the ball anyway like a Gazelle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts