The 2012 Packer Season Is OVER!!!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I wish I could figure out why we can't stop the run.

It seems to me that 3-4 teams who can stop the run have a couple of things the Packers don't. A team with only three down linemen needs 3 big FAT aggressive guys who can push the pile, not just one. They also need inside linebackers with cat-quick reactions and instant good reads to blast the holes. I don't think the Pack have the personnel to adequately stop the run with a 3-4.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked they don't crown the Super Bowl Champ in September. That being said we have some things to work out on both offense and defense if we hope to be playing in New Orleans in February.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to me that 3-4 teams who can stop the run have a couple of things the Packers don't. A team with only three down linemen needs 3 big FAT aggressive guys who can push the pile, not just one. They also need inside linebackers with cat-quick reactions and instant good reads to blast the holes. I don't think the Pack have the personnel to adequately stop the run with a 3-4.
Bishop was our best run stopper.

Reaction score
The season is over. No need to even watch the rest of the year. I am disgraced to be an owner of this horrible franchise!!!!!!!!!!!
/sarcasm
The season's not over but unless the coaching staff get very aggressive and effective at addressing the many obvious shortcomings of this team it will be a long, disappointing season.

The offensive line is barely adequate in pass protection and that's only because Rodgers is an effectively mobile QB. For the running game they are woefully inadequate. A telling sign of how lacking the O-line is is the fact that Newhouse is best they have for LT. On a lot of teams he might make their practice squad, but in GB he's a starter.

The offense needs a running game. This is an offense that can't be assured of picking up even two yards on a run. Why is it so difficult to find a RB who can get to the line with some speed and force and at least push ahead for a yard or two. All the GB RB's hop and skip to the line with trepidation looking for a hole that is rarely there thanks to the OL. We need a powerful runner who can hit the line with some momentum and push in a couple of yards, but the GB RB's run like they're afraid they'll ruin their manicures.

The defensive coaches need to immediately become much better coaches. Teach the D-backs their assignments and how to tackle by hitting hard AND wrapping up legs with their arms, the way 10 year-olds are taught in Pee Wee football. Almost any Pee Wee football team uses better tackling fundamentals than these "professional" DB's of GB. They, too, seem to be worried about chipping a nail. They must go the same salon as the RB's.

And I don't understand the high regard that is held for Finley. He's not a tight end - he can't, or won't, block. He has at best barely average hands and misses/drops a lot a catchable passes; and as soon as he misses one he throws a little fit, looking around for someone to throw a flag for interference when he should have just been more aggressive in getting to the ball and hanging on to it. He gets very few yards after the catch; he's too easy to bring down. He's not one the NFL's elite, tough TE's. Does he have the potential and physical abilities to become one? Maybe, but only if he gets some desire and incentive to work hard to do so, and he gets some coaching and development to get his butt in gear. He got a big contract and now he's just coasting.

Kudo's though to Cobb. Great game. Here's a player who's working and playing hard. Masthay had a great game, too. Consistently long punts and he was effective at putting them inside the 20; which is good because otherwise the special teams are nothing special.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Clay can get the same kind of pressure on Thursday, we will be fine against the Bears; we all know what Cutler is like when he gets hit a few times. Just please, for the love of God, do not have Jarret Bush cover Marshall one on one.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
We Should absolutely fire everyone invoked with this horrendous game! Fire these people in order TT, MM, AR, Capers, the Water Boy, the Doctor, the guy in section 100 selling beer, the ticket taker and most importantly any Part Time Fans.
sarcastic/
How's that?

'Battles are won primorally by the Hearts of men. SO LET ME SEE YOUR HEARTS.'

NACHOMAN

Sailing the seas of cheese
Reaction score
I mean, everyone can disagree all my posts. But they did that last week when I predicted we'd lose to the 9ers. People just don't want to hear some things or face the truth. We arent going 15-1 this year. 10-6 is more realistic.
Hey since your such a summoner of who wins each week, why don't you help us all out and send us some weekly picks. I evaluate all pro scouts and your getting a ZERO at the momment. LOL

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes, you are missing something.

Matthews penetrated the backfield while dominating his blocker shoving him 5 yards backwards. Matthews was a huge disruption to the planned flow of the offensive play causing the RB to run several yards deeper and burning crucial seconds of time.

The rest of the Packer defensive squad should have been able to capitalize on Clay's effort, but they didn't. Instead, they remained stuck behind their blockers while being pushed backward. Their pursuit was a fraction of what Matthews was able to do.

Instead of "nearly tackling the RB" should have TACKLED the RB? BTW, Perry spent a lot of time in their backfield too.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first game of the NFL season is like a movie trailer at the theaters, everyone is going to criticize it when only they saw 0.04% of the movie and 1/16 of the season.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
#4 wouldn't have thrown that pick in the 4th qtr. He would have won the game. /SARCASM

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Should absolutely fire everyone invoked with this horrendous game! Fire these people in order TT, MM, AR, Capers, the Water Boy, the Doctor, the guy in section 100 selling beer, the ticket taker and most importantly any Part Time Fans.
Don't stop there, we need new ownership. Everyone with stock mail to me and I shall redistribute.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is not concerning is that we lost a game to a good football team.

What is concerning is that it it the first game so we can't know if there is really concern to take seriously until after the Bears game. But at this point the Defense looks all together too much like it did last year.

What is also concerning is that I think the defense will get better but the schedule to start this year says they have to get better right now. The 49'r offense may be underrated but some of these offenses we have coming up are just plain good. If we can't get them off the field for Rodgers and continue to see 11 minute TOP deficits....well....it's going to be a struggle.

And it goes beyond poor TACKLING. I heard all of that this pre-season I want to hear.
GOOD defenses RECOGNIZE, PURSUE, and, FILL leaving nowhere to run.
Our DE's aren't setting the edge strong enough and when they do where is everybody?

I don't know how many yards the 49'rs got off-tackle but it was rediulous.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An i the only one who was impressed with Perry's performance. Though he played a heck of a game as a rookie week 1. He needs to work on coverage though obviously which we all know. And he consistently still went to his bull rush and running around guys. He's gotta learn other moves.

Worthy dissapointed. I know d lineman aren't all stars out of the gate, but still. He was really getting beat up in the run didn't show any sort of pass rush at all. Pickett was starting to look slow and lacked energy also. Can't wait until Neal gets back.

This defense relies on being finesse and getting turnovers rather then punching them in the mouth. When we don't get turnovers, we don't look so good. I our top 2 rookies improve though- watch out.

Also- we have to replace Bush with somebody. I get it he's a veteran who should know the defense and all. But he is a serious liability in coverage. He still has consistent mental lapses and can't stay foot for foot lockdown on anybody. Put Shields or Hayward in until House gets back.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey since your such a summoner of who wins each week, why don't you help us all out and send us some weekly picks. I evaluate all pro scouts and your getting a ZERO at the momment. LOL
I'm not saying I'm perfect. But I would beg you to compare me on who ends up closer of their season wide comparison at the start of the year.

Me- picking 10-6

The guy on a separate thread who picked us going 16-0.

And I've never claimed to be a great record analyzer. I'm more of a talent evaluator.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What is not concerning is that we lost a game to a good football team.

What is concerning is that it it the first game so we can't know if there is really concern to take seriously until after the Bears game. But at this point the Defense looks all together too much like it did last year.

We wouldn't have had anywhere near 4 sacks against them last year. Our pass rush is already showing improvement and it will continue to get better. Next year, we need to draft OL and secondary.

Members online

Latest posts