Thanks to the replacements

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You have got to be kidding me, right?

You must be into that *** crap to enjoy a kick to the nuts like that.
Thanks for nothing you zebra stripe wanna be ******.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I cant imagine any true packer fan would ever thank the refs for what amounts to the biggest screw job in NFL history.

Do you thank the unqualified ER doc that misdiagnoses you?

F*ck the refs and F8ck the owners for putting us in this position. Protect the shield, thats the most important thing, and they lost sight of that.

Your post speaks loudly to the kind of person you are.

I understand frustration with a bad call. But the person responsible for that is one Lance Easley. To throw the rest of them in the same category is unjust to those who did well.

I AM a true Packer fan and I'll stand by my original post. These are people just like anyone else and I'm once again going to thank them for doing their best.

Without them, we would have either had a very disrupted and shortened season or we would have had the NFL caving to the officials back in August and not getting a single reform that will improve officiating in the future. The NFLRA only agreed to those reforms last night. Sure, the NFL could have suspended the season until they got this figured out, but I highly doubt they'd have it done by now. You'd probably be looking at half a season at best. Sure, they could have given in back in August, but they wouldn't have gotten a single reform because the officials were refusing them all at that point and the trend of mediocrity would continue indefinitely.

There's a lot of black hatred on this forum and frankly, it's disturbing and shameful. It's ugly and it's disgusting. It's what I would expect from places like Philadelphia and Oakland, not Packer Nation. Time to put the big boy pants back on, people.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your statement is confusing to me since it was the NFL who instituted the lockout.
It takes two to tango. The referees, and therefore the union itself, could have struck an agreement that averted a lockout. It's not confusing at all. These are all choices that we make.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It takes two to tango. The referees, and therefore the union itself, could have struck an agreement that averted a lockout. It's not confusing at all. These are all choices that we make.

There are those who think unions can do no wrong and employers are inherently evil. Some of them post here. Labor disputes are exactly that - disputes. And like you said, disputes are the result of TWO sides being unwilling to make concessions to the other. Blame goes BOTH ways. Unions aren't immune to criticism any more than anyone else.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....and I'm actually sympathetic to the refs!

In some ways, this discussion is similar to the Greg Schiano situation in TB with going for the ball on kneel-downs. Some people feel that there is an unwritten rule in football that you don't go for the ball or hit the opponent ******* a kneel-down. Schiano and his players feel differently. Some union backers think that there is an unwritten rule that you don't take a striking / lock-out worker's job; others disagree.

My feeling is always that you can have those beliefs either way, but don't be ignorant of the ramifications from relying on those beliefs. Someone might go for the ball and someone may steal your job. You need to factor that into your decision making process no matter what you personally feel is right or just. It's a mean world out there.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So don't make it seem like it was all their fault. They didn't make the choice to get locked out. They lost their jobs because the NFL took that stance. That was a consequence but not a choice.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? You equate football with surgery? Get real.
Well, I didn't really mean it that way.
I admit I was nitpicking your statement to make a point that I think you would blame someone for taking a job at some point.
I just can't believe that someone, especially a Packers fan, is willing to give those refs a break!
These guys aren't even qualified for flag or even pee-wee football.
We could blame Roger Bad-All as well, but when it comes down to it, those clowns made a choice and it was a bad one. They did more damage to the NFL in the first three weeks than I have ever known.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense played poorly yes, but it wasn't enough to cost us the game. The refs did that. If the refs make the right call we win point blank.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offense played poorly yes, but it wasn't enough to cost us the game. The refs did that. If the refs make the right call we win point blank.
Exactamundo!
Yes, the Packers O-Line did suck in the first half but then they came back and were a totally different team in the 2nd.
And there were all the other blown and wrong calls such as the INT that was overturned because of a (clean) hit to the Sea Chickens QB.
How can a Packers fan overlook all that?
Yes, the real pro. refs also make mistakes and blow calls, but I ain't never seen anything this sloppy and bad.
I'm sorry to keep on beating a dead scab ref. but I ain't gonna get over this until the next game.
The clowns are leaving and it feels real good that they are.
Now they can all go back to their jobs at Footlocker which is where they all came from in the first place.
"Your qualifications?"
"I find the right shoes for athletes."
"Your hired!"

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GreenBlood said:
Without them, we would have either had a very disrupted and shortened season or we would have had the NFL caving to the officials back in August and not getting a single reform that will improve officiating in the future. The NFLRA only agreed to those reforms last night. Sure, the NFL could have suspended the season until they got this figured out, but I highly doubt they'd have it done by now. You'd probably be looking at half a season at best. Sure, they could have given in back in August, but they wouldn't have gotten a single reform because the officials were refusing them all at that point and the trend of mediocrity would continue indefinitely.

Without them they would have gotten this deal done without missing anytime. Missing 1 week of revenue...hell...missing 1 week of preseason revenue is probably 5 times more than what the officials financially wanted. There is no way they would have let it come to missing games and revenue.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I understand frustration with a bad call. But the person responsible for that is one Lance Easley. To throw the rest of them in the same category is unjust to those who did well.

I AM a true Packer fan and I'll stand by my original post. These are people just like anyone else and I'm once again going to thank them for doing their best.

There's a lot of black hatred on this forum and frankly, it's disturbing and shameful. It's ugly and it's disgusting. It's what I would expect from places like Philadelphia and Oakland, not Packer Nation. Time to put the big boy pants back on, people.

So you want to make assumptions on what kind of person I am? Ok I'll pay you the same, you call someone out when they compared it to doctors right? But then you were called out for previously doing the same thing. Yeah that makes you a hypocrite.

I put them all in that category bc almost every game the past two weeks had god awful calls or situations. I'm not blinded by some loyalty to some billionaire owners, I call it like I see it. The NFL owners tarnished the shield.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without them they would have gotten this deal done without missing anytime. Missing 1 week of revenue...hell...missing 1 week of preseason revenue is probably 5 times more than what the officials financially wanted. There is no way they would have let it come to missing games and revenue.

5x? Maybe 5x what one team makes in a game. It's astronomically higher than 5x.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a thread I would expect from a Vikings fan trying to rile up this board. Clearly it was meant to stir up emotion

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The referee was 40 yards away watching the offensive backfield like he was supposed to be doing. Easley, the side judge, signalled touchdown before anyone could stop him. He jumped the gun and i'm sure the other officials were shaking their heads as well. BTW, there's no such thing as a "head ref." He's the referee. Everyone else has other titles.
The other ref signaled touch back too so he should have gone and talked to both of them to see what they both saw. This isn't just my opinion either, your disagreeing with the former VP of officiating too. But you seem to know all about these replacement refs so I will agree with you./sarcasm

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is absurd.

Exactly what kind of person do you think Ivo is?

You don't know him personally, but a few of us here do.
Actions speak louder than words, as the cliche goes, and he's a generous guy who has given a lot of volunteer time to his community, for one thing.

If you want to discuss hateful comments posted on the forum, I bet we could excavate a few you've authored.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5x? Maybe 5x what one team makes in a game. It's astronomically higher than 5x.
Exactly. I don't know the numbers but I know they never would have cancelled a game...ever. Therefore these replacements taking the jobs allowed this thing to stretch beyond the first few weeks of camp.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is absurd.

Actions speak louder than words, as the cliche goes, and he's a generous guy who has given a lot of volunteer time to his community, for one thing.

If you want to discuss hateful comments posted on the forum, I bet we could excavate a few you've authored.

Remind me to tell you sometime about the guy who had a heart attack while I was having lunch this week.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well, I didn't really mean it that way.
I admit I was nitpicking your statement to make a point that I think you would blame someone for taking a job at some point.
I just can't believe that someone, especially a Packers fan, is willing to give those refs a break!
These guys aren't even qualified for flag or even pee-wee football.
We could blame Roger Bad-All as well, but when it comes down to it, those clowns made a choice and it was a bad one. They did more damage to the NFL in the first three weeks than I have ever known.

Okay, first of all, you're using a very broad brush to paint ALL of the officials because of the ineptitude of a few. You're using very over-the-top hyperbole and it makes it very hard to figure out what you're actually trying to say here. For instance, saying they aren't qualified for pee-wee football is ridiculous on its face because the majority of these guys are Div II and Div III refs. A few of them, like the back judge Monday night are Div I officials. Some stinkers, like Easley did get through the screening process, but that doesn't mean the rest were bad.

And by the way, I'm a Packer fan going on 40 years and while I'm not giving Easley a break for the call he made, I'm intellectually honest enough to realize that he represents the exception, not the rule. I'm also not going to wish ill will toward someone because they made a bad call. But that's just me. I'm not a spiteful person. I don't have time in my life to dwell on such crap. Hate leads to extended anger and extended anger is the road to depression. I learned that lesson a long time ago. Hate and anger will rot you from the inside out. I highly suggest getting over it and looking forward to the Saints game. BTW, since when do we play games on Sundays?

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Once again, the same ill logic. The "refs" (plural) didn't make the wrong call. The side judge (singular) did.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanking these refs is like thanking the cop who pulled you over and gave you a ticket for speeding 1 mph over the listed limit on a deserted highway with no one else in sight.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I put them all in that category bc almost every game the past two weeks had god awful calls or situations. I'm not blinded by some loyalty to some billionaire owners, I call it like I see it. The NFL owners tarnished the shield.

No but you have certainly demonstrated over the last 3 weeks that you blinded by your pro-union solidarity bull$hit. I'm a member of NABET but I sure as heck dont let them do my thinking for me. You would have been perfectly fine if the NFLRA had gotten every single thing they wanted. Some of us are happy to see that the NFL got a few of the things they wanted because the quality of officiating in the future will be better for it.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. I don't know the numbers but I know they never would have cancelled a game...ever. Therefore these replacements taking the jobs allowed this thing to stretch beyond the first few weeks of camp.

And the NFLRA would have gotten every thing they wanted and given nothing in return. In ANY negotiation, that's a bad resolution.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is absurd.

I guarantee that you won't find me wishing real life ill-will toward anyone. Anger is one thing. Hate is another.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No but you have certainly demonstrated over the last 3 weeks that you blinded by your pro-union solidarity bull$hit. I'm a member of NABET but I sure as heck dont let them do my thinking for me. You would have been perfectly fine if the NFLRA had gotten every single thing they wanted. Some of us are happy to see that the NFL got a few of the things they wanted because the quality of officiating in the future will be better for it.

Sure good at making assumptions aren't you? I'm not pro union or anti union. My feelings depend on the issue. I try to avoid blanket opinions on most things.

You sure don't let your loyalties blind you, I mean you said you didn't see any difference in officiating right? Or did I misunderstand previous statements?

Members online

Latest posts