Thanks, Javon.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
First thing I want to know longtime. do you ever post an opinion from what you have seen in a game. I mean your thoughts and view points about the team from your own perspective. all i ever see you post is old articles that someone else wrote.

what is so focking hard to comprehend. The Green bay Packers had an awesome offensive line from 2002-2004. TT decided to let Wahle go. The line sucked as did the team in 2005.

2006, TT drafted Colledge b/c he was "A mobile O Linemen", that could "supposedly" do well in the ZBS and play G where the team was awful in 2005 b/c Klemm stunk, and Wahle was let go.

I think even my 10 year old nephew can comprehend this. seriously!!!

Thompson admits not retaining Wahle was a mistake.

Colledge sucks at G, I agree, who wouldn't?

Does that make him a wasted or bad pick? Not in the Packers eyes because they drafted him HOPING he could fill LG and in the future would take over LT. Clifton is still here, Colledge hasn't had significant playing time at LT, so I don't see how can be a wasted pick or bad pick or whatever some idiots want to proclaim a 2nd year draftee.

i think the Packers have a shot at Drafting Chris Williams in the second round in the draft, and he will be the starting LT not Colledge. If Colledge is not mobile enough to play G in the ZBS, why do you feel he has footskills to play LT?

I hope you do not try to tell me colledge needs to get stronger, b/c this guy has plenty of strength.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Why was Daryn Colledge on Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team if he is such a terrible draft pick?

I mean, heck once you're on that list, you're destined for the HoF!!!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was Daryn Colledge on Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team if he is such a terrible draft pick?

I do not blame TT for drafting Colledge, I think he went after the guy he wanted, and by all means colledge should have been drafted, the Pack needed an O-Linemen, I just do not think this kid has the skills to stop many NFL Defensive linemen.

Maybe I see Colledge playing RT after Tauch, we will see.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I please see a link stating Colledge was drafted to play T.

you are not going to find one b/c colledge was drafted to replace Wahle at LG in the ZBS, that was the whole buzz on Colledge when he was drafted.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
First thing I want to know longtime. do you ever post an opinion from what you have seen in a game. I mean your thoughts and view points about the team from your own perspective. all i ever see you post is old articles that someone else wrote.

what is so focking hard to comprehend. The Green bay Packers had an awesome offensive line from 2002-2004. TT decided to let Wahle go. The line sucked as did the team in 2005.

2006, TT drafted Colledge b/c he was "A mobile O Linemen", that could "supposedly" do well in the ZBS and play G where the team was awful in 2005 b/c Klemm stunk, and Wahle was let go.

Thompson admits not retaining Wahle was a mistake.

Colledge sucks at G, I agree, who wouldn't?

Does that make him a wasted or bad pick? Not in the Packers eyes because they drafted him HOPING he could fill LG and in the future would take over LT. Clifton is still here, Colledge hasn't had significant playing time at LT, so I don't see how can be a wasted pick or bad pick or whatever some idiots want to proclaim a 2nd year draftee.

i think the Packers have a shot at Drafting Chris Williams in the second round in the draft, and he will be the starting LT not Colledge. If Colledge is not mobile enough to play G in the ZBS, why do you feel he has footskills to play LT?

I hope you do not try to tell me colledge needs to get stronger, b/c this guy has plenty of strength.

lol i wont tell ya that... im just saying ... its silly (in my opinion) to consider Colledge a bad pick in his second year and before he's tried at the position he's most accustom to and the position the Packers have stated they intend on him playing in the future, LT.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about footskills, but I'm thinking you're throwing words in my mouth based on me saying he was drafted to be the future LT.

I am not saying Daryn will be a Pro Bowl anything, I'm not even saying he will be a good pick.

What I am saying is this.
He was drafted to be our future LT.
This year he's been disappointing in his role as LG.
Hopefully we can give Clifton some rest the last game or two and we can get a glimpse of what Daryn can do at LT.

I think he'll be better at LT because... its what he did in college for a few years. Just kind of makes sense.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I've provided links for you in the past and you disappear or say they are unworthy.
I don't waste my time on this website much anymore. I just post when I'm bored off my *** at work.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

I do not blame TT for drafting Colledge, I think he went after the guy he wanted, and by all means colledge should have been drafted, the Pack needed an O-Linemen, I just do not think this kid has the skills to stop many NFL Defensive linemen.

Maybe I see Colledge playing RT after Tauch, we will see.

Why RT? I don't understand that.
He did decent enough to be noticed at LG last year, he was on the all American team.
He played LT in college.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

I've provided links for you in the past and you disappear or say they are unworthy.
I don't waste my time on this website much anymore. I just post when I'm bored off my *** at work.

Uhhhh, you have never provided one link my friend. Stating something over and over again does not make it true. I will await the link, because everything I've see said he was drafted with the intention to convert to G.

He failed there so now they are going to try to salvage him. I wish they would just let him go. His footwork is ugly, his upper body strength is not there and he plays upright with no leverage

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

Uhhhh, you have never provided one link my friend. Stating something over and over again does not make it true. I will await the link, because everything I've see said he was drafted with the intention to convert to G.

He failed there so now they are going to try to salvage him. I wish they would just let him go. His footwork is ugly, his upper body strength is not there and he plays upright with no leverage

I have and you know I have beacuse I've called you out on it before lol, but say what makes you feel best bud ;)

I don't know much about his footwork, I won't pretend to know anything (im not a pee wee league football coach) like that, but if you say his footwork is awful and we have someone of adequate talent to replace him and replace our LT in the future, I'd have to agree.

I don't feel that he is a waste at LT, just yet. I'd like to see him start a game or two. I remember he got owned big time against Jason Taylor, but if I remember correctly, Jason owned quite a few LT.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Then your not reading all my posts...Try the search feature, it does work ya know..Might enlighten you to know I do post things like your asking me to post.

But sometimes when a person irritates ya all you do is concentrate on the thing that irritatess ya the most....And that would be me posting articles, and how you hate me doing it..

I could say all you do is post on why your not happy about the running game..You do recall how many times in a few week span you posted that?

BTW how come no more of those? Just curious, could you explain why you stopped posting those informative pieces? I mean you were so RIGHT, I would think you would explain why now you stopped posting those?

So in closing ignore my stupid little posts, dont bother reading my crap, since you really have NO IDEA

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
LTF, the search button works, but, not completely as advertised, you have to manipulate some of the search strings to find what you want... searching one users posts ... that works like a charm though.

:)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LTF, the search button works, but, not completely as advertised, you have to manipulate some of the search strings to find what you want... searching one users posts ... that works like a charm though.

:)

Yup I know..but it seems others don't know..Maybe to busy posting personaly thoughts on issues that turn out to be false

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

There is no question Colledge was drafted to play G. He failed there so now they are tring to salvage him and hoping he cuts it at T. I would possibly think about dealing the guy while you might get a team to still bite, if any team is dumb enough to take him.

Jesus, do you give up on players after 2 years every time?

http://graphics.jsonline.com/chat/oct00/christl100800.asp?format=print

Look at this chat from early in Wahle's career:

Q: P.Brau of Valparaiso, IN -- The TV announcers pointed out that Clifton came in for Wahle. Was that due to an injury of Wahle, or is it just his pathetic play?

A: Cliff Christl -- Wahle was benched. The TV announcers didn't catch the change right away, either. In fact, they showed a replay when Clifton was in there in the third quarter and called him Wahle.

Q: Robert Brantner of Cayuga, NY -- If you could reshuffle the offensive line right now who would be your five starters at each position?

A: Cliff Christl -- I think you put Clifton at left tackle and keep everybody else where they are. I don't buy that it makes sense to move Verba back to tackle. He was better than Wahle, but that's about as faint a praise as there is.

Q: Steve G. of Waukesha WI -- Another poor performance, especially by the OFFENSIVE line. The team comes out flat for the 2nd straight week and yet I did not see Sherman get in anybodys face. I'm really questioning his ability to motivate. Am I way off base?

A: Cliff Christl -- How many coaches get in their players' faces? I don't see a lack of discipline. I see special teams that are much improved. I see a defense playing over its head. And I see an offense making mostly physical mistakes. The mental mistakes I see are being made by rookies like Franks. So I don't think motivation has been a problem. However, I agree the Packers looked poorly prepared against Chicago. Those who say they're weren't prepared Sunday don't know what they're talking about. Mike Wahle wasn't prepared, but that's because he's getting whipped physically.

Q: Robert of Minneapolis -- Hi Cliff, Here we were thinking that the defense is the achilles of this team before season's start. Oh how we were wrong! Seeing that the Packers are not going to re-sign Verba and now they replace Wahle can we be certain they will draft O-Linemen in abundance. I ask this question because it looks like we might pick 1st or 2nd........Our offensive line looks like a turnstile at Summerfest!!! Thanks and keep up the good work.

A: Cliff Christl -- That's the best description I've heard yet for this offensive line. But I've said it since Dotson was hurt. You can't win in the NFL with Wahle and Tauscher as your tackles unless you have a tremendous defense. And you can't win with two rookie tackles, either, if Clifton replaces Wahle. At least, I don't think you can.

Q: Jeff Stanek of Lakeville, MN -- When is Sherman going to do something about Favre and his propensity to turn over the ball? There were 5 turnovers today...all by Favre. This is getting to be ridiculous. The last two interceptions were inexcusable.

A: Cliff Christl -- Jeff, were you watching the same game? Did you not see Favre under heavy pressure the entire game? Did you notice how quickly Jones was on top of him on that last pass? Have you noticed how the pocket caves in at the edges almost instantly because Wahle and Tauscher don't anchor well? Did you notice that the receivers may have been at fault on two of the interceptions for running the wrong routes? Favre is not flawless, but he is surrounded by a cast of stumblebums.

Q: Bob Schrameyer of Goshen, Indiana -- With 5 Favre turnovers this week, who's making the mistakes? The offensive line, the receivers, Favre, or all of the above?

A: Cliff Christl -- On Favre's first fumble, both tackles were whipped on a third-and-two situation. If you can't pass block on third-and-two, you are a big-time liability. When the Packers had a chance to cut the difference to 17-10, Favre was blindsided when Wahle again blew a block. On the interception that was returned for a touchdown, it appeared Bubba Franks ran the wrong route. And, of course, Bubba has been running the wrong way since he arrived in Green Bay. Freeman also may have cut off his route too soon on the second interception. On the third interception, James Jones was in Favre's face in an instant and Porcher was right behind him after beating Tauscher. But the yahoos of the world will blame this loss on Favre.

Q: Doug of Prairie du Chien -- What do you see happening with Mike Wahle. Today was not his best. Could you get a read on Chad Clifton.

A: Cliff Christl -- On the plays where I just watched Clifton, I thought he did a decent job. He had some help, but it also seemed that the defender took himself out of a few playsing to run around him. And that might be an impossible task. One thing Clifton has going is that he's a mountain of a man.

Q: Jim of Waukesha -- Does Sherman look like a Deer caught in the headlights to you as well? The fact that the last time he was a head coach was when he coached a high school team may be a factor. Agree?

A: Cliff Christl -- Sherman wasn't even a head coach in high school. And, yes, I think he's learning on the job. But Jim, how do you think Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Tony Dungy, Dennis Green, any of them would fare with Wahle and Tauscher at tackle, and Ahman Green as a starting halfback? My guess is that they'd be 2-4 as well.

Q: John Kurtz of Madison -- Can we now admit that the major problem last year was not Rhodes but was a lack of talent and depth that began in Holmgren's last year?

A: Cliff Christl -- John, you're right about the talent. I think they started to slide the year they lost the Super Bowl. But this team was better on paper last year. I can't say it enough. Dotson was a huge loss. Did you watch Tauscher today? He hasn't been as bad as Wahle, but he really struggles to hold his ground in pass blocking. Their tackle situation has been terrible. They also miss Levens. Ahman Green is no better than a spot player in my mind. Last year, the Packers were terribly disorganized and that's not the case this year.

Q: Steve of St. Paul -- Cliff, do you see the move to Clifton at LT being permanent? Wahle was horrendous today.

A: Cliff Christl -- I don't think there is any doubt that Clifton will start. I really liked some of the things I saw of him in mini-camp, then he held out and struggled in training camp. So he's a huge question mark, but the Packers can't live with Wahle any longer.

Q: John of New Berlin -- Pre-season reports out of Green Bay were the Packer O-line was the best and deepest in years. One injury to a lineman and the line has become the weakest part of the team and it seems to be contagious. Were we oversold or was Dotsons loss that big?

A: Cliff Christl -- Dotson was a huge loss. He was a strong run blocker and he could anchor as a pass blocker. But I also think they oversold their line. The key from the start was Wahle and he hasn't played up to expectations. In fact, he has been a disaster.

Q: Pat Keenan of Fond du Lac -- When are the Packers going to finally decide to pull the plug on the Mike Wahle left tackle experiment? The guy is continually getting beat and causing turnovers at crucial times.

A: Cliff Christl -- Pat, you're in the leadoff spot today and the first of many to ask about Wahle. He has been struggling since the start of the season and, now, his confidence is probably shot. As you may have noticed, Chad Clifton entered the game in the third quarter when it was 31-9 and didn't embarrass himself. Look for the change to be permanent.

Hmm, this chat sounds familiar in terms of Colledge playing LG. Wahle was a disaster at T. Wasn't he drafted to play T for our team? How did he fair being a G? Stop being so pessimistic and give some of these guys a chance. Especially offensive linemen. Remember, BOTH WAHLE and RIVERA struggled their first two years. Why do you already give up on Colledge after not even 2 years?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Shame on you Wils for posting articles to prove a point..

You need to show you opinion other wise you dont count dontcha know ;)

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
Zero2Cool said:
KGB94SACKEM said:

I have and you know I have beacuse I've called you out on it before lol, but say what makes you feel best bud ;)

I don't know much about his footwork, I won't pretend to know anything (im not a pee wee league football coach) like that, but if you say his footwork is awful and we have someone of adequate talent to replace him and replace our LT in the future, I'd have to agree.

I don't feel that he is a waste at LT, just yet. I'd like to see him start a game or two. I remember he got owned big time against Jason Taylor, but if I remember correctly, Jason owned quite a few LT.

You've yet to call me on anything. If you like Colledge, fine, but don't go around bringing up posts from years ago and then start making **** up when your feeble attempts to look smart head south.

We let J-walk go for guys like Colledge. Colledge hasn't turned out to be so good. Now you are trying to say he was drafted to play T yet can't provide any sort of link stating so. Daryn was drafted to play guard, hopefully we can salvage him by putting him at T. If not the J-Walk trade seems to be not so smart, which was your intentions when rehashing threads from forever ago.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you guys remember that Mike Wahle was a guard in the Navy and he was told he was going to be our future LT? He struggled a ton and was replaced by Clifton. So Mike Wahle went back to his natural position that he played in college and flourished after a few years.

Who's to say that Colledge cannot go back to his natural position and play well after Clifton is gone?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps the trade doesn't look good at this time but signing JW to a 50 million dollar contract or whatever huge deal he got might of been a mistake at the same time too.

Plus Green Bay has done a nice job replacing him. Receiver is probably the 3rd strongest position on the team besides DT and QB. It will be interesting how this trade is viewed this off season. The Packers will probably have at the very least 2 of those guys on their roster. Denver might not have Javon Walker. We'll see what happens but right now The Packers are 11-2 without Javon Walker and the Broncos are 6-8 with him. I'll take that.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps the trade doesn't look good at this time but signing JW to a 50 million dollar contract or whatever huge deal he got might of been a mistake at the same time too.

Plus Green Bay has done a nice job replacing him. Receiver is probably the 3rd strongest position on the team besides DT and QB. It will be interesting how this trade is viewed this off season. The Packers will probably have at the very least 2 of those guys on their roster. Denver might not have Javon Walker. We'll see what happens but right now The Packers are 11-2 without Javon Walker and the Broncos are 6-8 with him. I'll take that.

Well, not technically.

The 2 games when Javon was healthy they were 2-0. Javon had nice stats and was over 100 yards each game.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You've yet to call me on anything. If you like Colledge, fine, but don't go around bringing up posts from years ago and then start making **** up when your feeble attempts to look smart head south.

We let J-walk go for guys like Colledge. Colledge hasn't turned out to be so good. Now you are trying to say he was drafted to play T yet can't provide any sort of link stating so. Daryn was drafted to play guard, hopefully we can salvage him by putting him at T. If not the J-Walk trade seems to be not so smart, which was your intentions when rehashing threads from forever ago.
Oh, but I have ;)

Okay even though my response now is echoing what I've said numerous times in this very thread, I will rehash this again because I like you.

Did I say I liked Colledge? Or did I say we should wait three years and get hime some playing time at LT in which he played during his years in college? I think the latter is what I said. Yup.
I love this about this board, people like you starting throwing around nonsense when you got backed into a wall of your own ignorance. It's amusing.
I do not make '****' up. I speak the truth and many will attest to it. I listen to many interviews and read many articles, probably more than I should, but I assure you, I do not make '****' up. There are plenty of FACTS to speak about. I take great offense to that accusation. I go to great lengths to be accurate and when I am wrong, I am the first to acknowledge it and take the beating for it (see, Wahle).

We did not 'let' Javon go, Javon FORCED his way out by being an immature chump. Get that straight first and foremost.

I never said I couldn't provide a link supporting he was considered to be the future LT, I chose not to on this website. ;)

Daryn did decent overall his first year as LG. He's floundered this year at LG. I've said since I heard it that Daryn was drafted to be our LT of the future, I am not saying that in his defense. Gosh you are clever.

The Javon trade seems to have worked out fairly decent for the Packers. Our passing game is in the top 5, we are 11 - 2 and seem to have great team chemistry. Jolly was doing pretty damn good before he got injured. Btw do you know how Jolly got hurt? He laid a smashing block to spring Tramon Williams on his 94 yd punt return for a TD. Blackmon scored two TD's (well he did step out on the return lol) which were helpful. Culver and Ingle apparently couldn't help us win games.

Now, speaking as a fan of Javon, I hated the trade from the start. Javon is one of my two favorite WR to watch. I still hate seeing him wearing anything other than a G on his helmet. But I see that we got some players for him that are helping the Packers... WIN. To me, that's what matters most. The Packers winning.

I am not defending Daryn, nor will I. I do NOT know how to grade OL accurately. I'll be the first to admit that lol

edit, forgot to REHASH something else that I stated several times in this very thread... I bumped this one up because I thought it would generate some good discussion over here at PF.com ... As a fan of Javon, I would not say this trade was good because I would rather Javon a Packer. I don't know how to make that clear to you.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Do you guys remember that Mike Wahle was a guard in the Navy and he was told he was going to be our future LT? He struggled a ton and was replaced by Clifton. So Mike Wahle went back to his natural position that he played in college and flourished after a few years.

Who's to say that Colledge cannot go back to his natural position and play well after Clifton is gone?
I did not remember Wahle was a G first. Good point.

He might, in fact I hope he does.
With you on that.

Good point about the contract.

I wasn't even considering that kind of depth about the overall impact of trading Javon Walker to the team my mother loves just because they beat my Packers in a useless Super Bowl that shouldn't ever be recognized as a victory. Nope, I'm not bitter, not at all!!!!

The Broncos would be silly stupid to drop Javon. They don't have a plethora of WR to replace his talent, not many teams do. We were fortunate, or maybe... Ted knows what hes doing??

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:

Oh, but I have ;)

Okay even though my response now is echoing what I've said numerous times in this very thread, I will rehash this again because I like you.

Did I say I liked Colledge? Or did I say we should wait three years and get hime some playing time at LT in which he played during his years in college? I think the latter is what I said. Yup.
I love this about this board, people like you starting throwing around nonsense when you got backed into a wall of your own ignorance. It's amusing.
I do not make '****' up. I speak the truth and many will attest to it. I listen to many interviews and read many articles, probably more than I should, but I assure you, I do not make '****' up. There are plenty of FACTS to speak about. I take great offense to that accusation. I go to great lengths to be accurate and when I am wrong, I am the first to acknowledge it and take the beating for it (see, Wahle).

We did not 'let' Javon go, Javon FORCED his way out by being an immature chump. Get that straight first and foremost.

I never said I couldn't provide a link supporting he was considered to be the future LT, I chose not to on this website. ;)

Daryn did decent overall his first year as LG. He's floundered this year at LG. I've said since I heard it that Daryn was drafted to be our LT of the future, I am not saying that in his defense. Gosh you are clever.

The Javon trade seems to have worked out fairly decent for the Packers. Our passing game is in the top 5, we are 11 - 2 and seem to have great team chemistry. Jolly was doing pretty damn good before he got injured. Btw do you know how Jolly got hurt? He laid a smashing block to spring Tramon Williams on his 94 yd punt return for a TD. Blackmon scored two TD's (well he did step out on the return lol) which were helpful. Culver and Ingle apparently couldn't help us win games.

Now, speaking as a fan of Javon, I hated the trade from the start. Javon is one of my two favorite WR to watch. I still hate seeing him wearing anything other than a G on his helmet. But I see that we got some players for him that are helping the Packers... WIN. To me, that's what matters most. The Packers winning.

I am not defending Daryn, nor will I. I do NOT know how to grade OL accurately. I'll be the first to admit that lol

edit, forgot to REHASH something else that I stated several times in this very thread... I bumped this one up because I thought it would generate some good discussion over here at PF.com ... As a fan of Javon, I would not say this trade was good because I would rather Javon a Packer. I don't know how to make that clear to you.

I understand Javon did not want to play here, and he forced his way out. However what Ted got us in return for Javon hasn't impressed me more than having Javon on the roster. I am not closing the book on Colledge, even though I don't forsee him being gifted enough to be a solid Guard or Tackle. I will let the coaching staff decide that. However when drafted, he was claearly drafted as someone they were looking into replacing Wahle/Rivera. Every article I have seen supports this. I have seen none saying he was drafted to be the future at T. If he is, all the better. I was just looking for you to provide a link to the article where Colledge was drafted to be a T. It would make me feel a little better knowing TT used a pick given to us by trading a 1000 yard WR on a player that was properly evaluated.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
intend on him playing in the future, LT.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about footskills,
He was drafted to be our future LT.
This year he's been disappointing in his role as LG.
Hopefully we can give Clifton some rest the last game or two and we can get a glimpse of what Daryn can do at LT.

I think he'll be better at LT because... its what he did in college for a few years. Just kind of makes sense.

i think TT drafted Colledge to play G not tackle.

Members online

Latest posts