Thanks, Javon.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Trade 2: WR Javon Walker to DEN for pick 37.
Trade 3: Picks 37 & 139 to ATL for picks 47, 93 & 148.
Trade 4: Pick 93 to STL for picks 109 & 183.
Trade 5: Pick 109 to PHI for picks 115 & 185.

Javon + 5th Rd pick for 47, 115, 148, 183 and 185.

T/G Daryn Colledge, Boise State - 47

CB Will Blackmon, Boston College - 115

QB Ingle Martin, Furman - 148

DT Johnny Jolly, Texas A&M - 183

S Tyrone Culver, Fresno State - 185

Hmmm ... :pray:

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
not sure where you are going with this?

Me neither, but it is kind of interesting to review, don't you agree?

It really is... of the players/draft picks we gave up only Javon Walker and Jason Avant have contributed for their teams whereas we've got Greg Jennings who beats either of those two by himself let alone the additions of Spitz, Colledge, Blackmon, and Jolly. TT owned those other teams with those series of trades. Beautiful work.

Edit: P.S. Zero you were right with your math/picks argument... not to bring up that confusion again though

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, that trade was to be examined years after it was made. I remember at the time it was obviously chaotic...now...looks pretty darn sweet. Who knew.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still would have liked to keep Walker in GB, but TT made the right decision at the time in trying to get the best value for Walker that he could. I think that TT could have handled the Walker situation better early on, such as giving him an incentive laden contract similar to what he got in Denver. But Walker then made the situation so bad that he was going to become a locker room cancer and there was no choice but to get the most we could out of him.

Out of the guys we got Jolly, Colledge and Blackmon are still on the roster. All of them have contributed this season and they all look to be a big part of this team for a long time. The emergence of our young WRs has really gone a long way to minimizing the impact of losing Walker. That's saying a lot considering how difficult it is to replace a WR of his talent.

In the end we may come out on the better end of the deal, but the key was TT doing a good job of doing something good out of a bad situation.

GO PACK GO!!!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, I know we seem to have a sort of hate for Javon for what he did to our team, but at least he's not like TO or Keyshawn:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-broncos-walker&prov=ap&type=lgns

Javon Walker thrilled to see old friend Favre playing so well again
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
December 12, 2007

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Two years after saying he could no longer play in Green Bay because of Brett Favre's criticism of his contract demands, Broncos receiver Javon Walker is looking back wistfully on his time with the Packers quarterback.

In a wide-ranging interview Wednesday, Walker credited Favre for helping him become a wealthy NFL star and said he was thrilled to see Favre's resurgent season that has guided Green Bay back into the playoffs after a three-year absence.

"I don't know what he's doing in the offseason, but he's looking better than half the young quarterbacks in this league right now," Walker said. "And it's the same ol' Brett, just letting his guys make plays for him on top of the plays he's making."

If the Broncos can't slip into the playoffs, Walker said he's pulling for Favre to win another Super Bowl.

"Oh, shoot, that's just going to add on to his legacy," Walker said. "(But) that's not going to define him. What's going to define him is knowing he took a young team and even made it to the playoffs this year, because nobody knew what to expect out of those guys."

Walker insists there's no hard feelings left over from his time in Green Bay, where he blew out his right knee in the 2005 opener after bluffing he'd hold out, threats that angered Favre, who suggested at the time that Walker should live up to his contract.

That offseason, Walker demanded a trade, saying Favre's criticisms made him an outcast in Green Bay.

The Packers sent him to Denver for a second-round draft choice. The Broncos gave Walker a five-year extension worth more than $40 million that kicked in this year and includes roster bonuses totaling $15 million in 2007 and '08.

For all these riches, Walker thanked Favre.

"You know why? Because Brett is the type of quarterback where he believes in his guy winning all the time," Walker said. "And to tell you the truth, I wouldn't know half of the ability or plays that I could make if he wouldn't have given me the opportunity to make them."

Favre's propensity to throw the ball into coverage allowed Walker to showcase his athleticism.

"If I'm running a route and the guy's right on me and they don't throw the ball because they think you're covered, Brett would throw the ball and it's like, 'Oh, wow. He jumped over that guy to make the play.' And you can tell yourself as a wide receiver, 'Oh, wow. I made that play?' And then all that does is just make you better because he's showing stuff you know you can do," Walker said.

Walker hasn't had much of an opportunity to showcase his skills this season. He's missed eight games with a right knee ailment unrelated to his torn anterior cruciate ligament in 2005, and he's caught just three passes for 17 yards since starting the season with back-to-back 100-yard games.

In many ways, he said, this year has been harder on him than 2005.

"The ACL, that was the easy part," Walker said. "I think this year was more frustrating because at least you know with the ACL, you're not playing in any games, you're not practicing, you're just completely out. You're out, you're done, next season. So, you've got a bunch of time to get it right before going into next camp."

This season, Walker has practiced through the pain, not wanting to shut himself down because the Broncos (6-7) sorely missed him. He returned three weeks ago after missing seven weeks following arthroscopic surgery. But Walker estimates he's only at 75 percent and was deactivated last week. He'll be a game-time decision Thursday night at Houston.

"It's frustrating because you're trying to do what you can do and a knee is preventing you from being your best," Walker said. "It plays into everybody else's eyes. It plays into the coaches' eyes. It plays into the quarterback's eyes, because even though you're out there, there's a trust factor now: 'Can I go to him? Can I not go to him?'

"When I tore my ACL, I knew Brett wasn't looking for me," Walker said. "So it was better me being out and him just not going to me than me being in a game and him not even looking my way at all."

Walker, 29, said he doesn't know if the Broncos will approach him about renegotiating in the offseason. He suggested he wouldn't be willing to do that because the deal just kicked in this year, "and my best seasons are ahead of me."

Walker said he plans to push as hard next summer as he did when returning from his torn ACL but doesn't foresee fretting about his health so much this time.

"Where I had a doubt was when I tore my ACL in 2005. I didn't know what to expect," Walker said. "You go from being able to run full-speed to sitting in a bed for a month. But now, knowing where I came from, this little old thing that just needs time and rest when the offseason comes around, that's going to be like nothing."

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol maybe Walker wants to come back to Green Bay because I've heard rumors that he may be done in Denver after this year. :lol:

that would explain the change of heart towards Favre.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol maybe Walker wants to come back to Green Bay because I've heard rumors that he may be done in Denver after this year. :lol:

that would explain the change of heart towards Favre.

Oh, Porky....you have no idea what you've just started.

"TT needs to get Javon back or he sucks."

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

What is the point of bringing up this thread?

all the players listed have been injured and so has Javon.

so it is a horse a piece.

i still wish we had Wahle over colledge

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's already 29. That's crazy. I forgot he was an old rookie. Half of our WR corps is younger and more productive than he is now.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hmmm... Sounds like someone is trying to repair burned bridges so that maaaayyybe, just maybe, when that someone gets cut by Denver this offseason, he can ask for a decent contract from the town that drafted him....

maybe? :shrug:

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually believe he is sincere and not just trying to get a deal out of it. Him just saying that shows he's grown up a little bit though.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually believe he is sincere and not just trying to get a deal out of it. Him just saying that shows he's grown up a little bit though.

You're probably right. I was kinda kidding with the suggestion, but not really. :p

But now that you mention it, I've seen a quite a few interviews he's done, and especially since the Darrent Williams slaying, he really seems to have grown up alot. It's good to see athletes mature in the off-field stuff.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Zero2Cool said:

What is the point of bringing up this thread?

all the players listed have been injured and so has Javon.

so it is a horse a piece.

i still wish we had Wahle over colledge

The fans of the 5-8 Carolina Panthers (i live amongst them) would much rather have Colledge than Wahle believe me. I dont know why you have a a man crush on Wahle... because he hasnt done anything at all in Carolina except give up sacks and help lead a dismal rushing attack.

and not to mention Wahle has nothing to do with this thread as he wasnt a part of the Walker deal at all.

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge "sucks"...

(I doubt the Panthers would want him.)

How do you figure? He's struggling to be a guard in his second season. Wait a minute, didn't Wahle and/or Rivera struggle too as 2nd year players? That's what I thought.

Besides, his natural position is LT, so we may see his true ability as a tackle when Clifton is gone.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't even mind seeing Colledge get some serious time in at LT now to rest Cliffy for the playoffs, as risky as that may sound.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Colledge "sucks"...

(I doubt the Panthers would want him.)

How do you figure? He's struggling to be a guard in his second season. Wait a minute, didn't Wahle and/or Rivera struggle too as 2nd year players? That's what I thought.

Besides, his natural position is LT, so we may see his true ability as a tackle when Clifton is gone.

:joy:

Members online

Latest posts