Thanks, Javon.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
Why was Daryn Colledge on Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team if he is such a terrible draft pick?

I mean, heck once you're on that list, you're destined for the HoF!!!!

I do not blame TT for drafting Colledge, I think he went after the guy he wanted, and by all means colledge should have been drafted, the Pack needed an O-Linemen, I just do not think this kid has the skills to stop many NFL Defensive linemen.

Maybe I see Colledge playing RT after Tauch, we will see.

Why RT? I don't understand that.
He did decent enough to be noticed at LG last year, he was on the all American team.
He played LT in college.

I know where Colledge played, but LT protects the QB's blind side(wheather it is #4 or #12) and I would be afraid to have colledge protecting #4's blind side

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I understand Javon did not want to play here, and he forced his way out. However what Ted got us in return for Javon hasn't impressed me more than having Javon on the roster. I am not closing the book on Colledge, even though I don't forsee him being gifted enough to be a solid Guard or Tackle. I will let the coaching staff decide that. However when drafted, he was claearly drafted as someone they were looking into replacing Wahle/Rivera. Every article I have seen supports this. I have seen none saying he was drafted to be the future at T. If he is, all the better. I was just looking for you to provide a link to the article where Colledge was drafted to be a T. It would make me feel a little better knowing TT used a pick given to us by trading a 1000 yard WR on a player that was properly evaluated.

I've only been impressed with Jolly and Blackmon. I thought Daryn was doing good last year, but that must have been a fluke or something. Culver and Ingle I thought were junk, but as I say, I was willing and am still, giving them three years before I say either is GOOD or BUST.

I don't believe it was Ted who mentioned Daryn playing LT. He said something like "Daryn is a good athlete that we can forsee playing LG or LT for us". I think the video is still on Packers.com.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I know where Colledge played, but LT protects the QB's blind side(wheather it is #4 or #12) and I would be afraid to have colledge protecting #4's blind side

Yeah.
Someone mentioned he has bad footskills. You or KGB, both? I'd like to see the Packers play Brett for a quarter or two each remainding game of the year and then insert Rodgers for Brett and Colledge for Clifton... just too see what we have in those two a little more.

I would feel better if that happened, instead of like you say, putting Colledge in at LT with Brett... can't say that excites me. I believe it was Colledge who missed a block completely that got Brett slammed on his first INT.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Yeah.
Someone mentioned he has bad footskills. You or KGB, both? I'd like to see the Packers play Brett for a quarter or two each remainding game of the year and then insert Rodgers for Brett and Colledge for Clifton... just too see what we have in those two a little more.

I would feel better if that happened, instead of like you say, putting Colledge in at LT with Brett... can't say that excites me. I believe it was Colledge who missed a block completely that got Brett slammed on his first INT.

well the way rodgers is made from glass, it may not be such a great idea

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Perhaps the trade doesn't look good at this time but signing JW to a 50 million dollar contract or whatever huge deal he got might of been a mistake at the same time too.

Plus Green Bay has done a nice job replacing him. Receiver is probably the 3rd strongest position on the team besides DT and QB. It will be interesting how this trade is viewed this off season. The Packers will probably have at the very least 2 of those guys on their roster. Denver might not have Javon Walker. We'll see what happens but right now The Packers are 11-2 without Javon Walker and the Broncos are 6-8 with him. I'll take that.

Well, not technically.

The 2 games when Javon was healthy they were 2-0. Javon had nice stats and was over 100 yards each game.

He started against the Texans and caught a total of 2 passes for 20 yards but if you want to get technical, Denver is 2-3 this year in games JW has played in. Wins over Buffalo and Oakland by a combined 6 points. Losses to Jacksonville, Oakland, and Houston.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Yeah.

LOL a guy gets stepped on and a foot gets broke in the process and he still plays... ( most people think thats a freak accident)

then he pulls a hammy.. One real true injury and he is made of glass..

but yet you wanted Ahman to stay here with all his past injury history, and on top of it you wanted to pay him that $20 plus million...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!! I didnt post an article, I typed out my own thoughts---hows bout that

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Yeah.

We obtained Rodgers through the Javon Walker trade? If not, why bring it up there? I don't see how it fits in to the draft picks and/or Javon at all.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice post, HILARIOUS!!!
WTF does Green have to with Rodgers being made from glass is beyond me, that guy is just clueless. Like I said, he is another guy that posts nothing about football or his thoughts.

He doesn't say i feel A-rod will do this or that, instead the person rambles about Green and his injury, how that has anything to do with Rodgers injuries is beside me.

and it fit in b/c we were talking about Colledge playing LT, and I felt it was not a good idea b/c he does not have the agility or footspeed to protect the QB's blind side, w/Rodgers string of injuries, I do not feel it would be a good idea to put colledge at LT and Rodgers at QB b/c WHEN Colledge gets beat, it maybe the end of a-rod's career b/f it starts.

GET IT NOW? Wait what am i thinking, a-rod played in two games, and has gotten hurt. Once in a game, and once a couple days after. I seen #4 play w/seperated shoulders, broken fingers, and puke blood, but hey what about green?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Yeah.

Heh. Maybe try that experiment with Craig Nall instead then. I just hope Nall doesn't get killed, because I like him. However, Rodgers is more important than Nall.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
WTF does Green have to with Rodgers being made from glass is beyond me, that guy is just clueless. Like I said, he is another guy that posts nothing about football or his thoughts.

He doesn't say i feel A-rod will do this or that, instead the person rambles about Green and his injury, how that has anything to do with Rodgers injuries is beside me.

and it fit in b/c we were talking about Colledge playing LT, and I felt it was not a good idea b/c he does not have the agility or footspeed to protect the QB's blind side, w/Rodgers string of injuries, I do not feel it would be a good idea to put colledge at LT and Rodgers at QB b/c WHEN Colledge gets beat, it maybe the end of a-rod's career b/f it starts.

GET IT NOW? Wait what am i thinking, a-rod played in two games, and has gotten hurt. Once in a game, and once a couple days after. I seen #4 play w/seperated shoulders, broken fingers, and puke blood, but hey what about green?

Green? who's talking about Green? You kind of went off like a kid without his ... well you fill in the blanks.

Give Aaron some credit, I mean he atleast waits til the regular season to get hurt, he's made it through a couple pre seasons hah

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
KGB94SACKEM said:
porky88 said:
Perhaps the trade doesn't look good at this time but signing JW to a 50 million dollar contract or whatever huge deal he got might of been a mistake at the same time too.

Plus Green Bay has done a nice job replacing him. Receiver is probably the 3rd strongest position on the team besides DT and QB. It will be interesting how this trade is viewed this off season. The Packers will probably have at the very least 2 of those guys on their roster. Denver might not have Javon Walker. We'll see what happens but right now The Packers are 11-2 without Javon Walker and the Broncos are 6-8 with him. I'll take that.

Well, not technically.

The 2 games when Javon was healthy they were 2-0. Javon had nice stats and was over 100 yards each game.

He started against the Texans and caught a total of 2 passes for 20 yards but if you want to get technical, Denver is 2-3 this year in games JW has played in. Wins over Buffalo and Oakland by a combined 6 points. Losses to Jacksonville, Oakland, and Houston.

C'mon Porky you are smart enough to know he left the Texans game with the injury and has struggled to recover for the last 2.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly, your post fit into the topic just fine, Green did not, but it's a good way to detract from the injured A-Rod topic. A-Rod has shown that he is not exactly Brett Favre when it comes to staying on the field. I hope A-Rod can find a way to stay healthy.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:

Yeah.

LOL a guy gets stepped on and a foot gets broke in the process and he still plays... ( most people think thats a freak accident)

then he pulls a hammy.. One real true injury and he is made of glass..

but yet you wanted Ahman to stay here with all his past injury history, and on top of it you wanted to pay him that $20 plus million...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!! I didnt post an article, I typed out my own thoughts---hows bout that

i did not bring up Green this person did, and like someone else said, the main reason he brought it up was to distract from the A-Rod is injury prone discussion.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Exactly, your post fit into the topic just fine, Green did not, but it's a good way to detract from the injured A-Rod topic. A-Rod has shown that he is not exactly Brett Favre when it comes to staying on the field. I hope A-Rod can find a way to stay healthy.

According to DH A-Rod is made of glass...His foot was stepped on and it broke his foot, but yet he played the rest of the game to ( same game Brett hurt his elbow in ) Most call that foot break a freak injury...
I dont think you can say the guy is made of glass because of one true injury that just happened out of the blue.

DH was all upset or depressed the Packers didnt resign Green..I was making a point on how Green is probably more injury prone than A-Rod..

So I made a comparison about his love affair for a injury prone back to a freak injury and one real true injury q/b

And according to him, I dont post my own thoughts, and when I do he gets confused and pulls out the I am clueless card..I think he still needs to try the search feature and see my posts..Or just click on my profile link and see all my posts that way..

Besides this topic is SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT J-WALKER and not Colledge, or Clifton..Or the drafting of a LT or lack there of..

So Dont bash me for bringing Green into the topic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
First thing I want to know longtime. do you ever post an opinion from what you have seen in a game. I mean your thoughts and view points about the team from your own perspective. all i ever see you post is old articles that someone else wrote.

what is so focking hard to comprehend. The Green bay Packers had an awesome offensive line from 2002-2004. TT decided to let Wahle go. The line sucked as did the team in 2005.

2006, TT drafted Colledge b/c he was "A mobile O Linemen", that could "supposedly" do well in the ZBS and play G where the team was awful in 2005 b/c Klemm stunk, and Wahle was let go.
a
I think even my 10 year old nephew can comprehend this. seriously!!!

Then your not reading all my posts...Try the search feature, it does work ya know..Might enlighten you to know I do post things like your asking me to post.

But sometimes when a person irritates ya all you do is concentrate on the thing that irritatess ya the most....And that would be me posting articles, and how you hate me doing it..

I could say all you do is post on why your not happy about the running game..You do recall how many times in a few week span you posted that?

BTW how come no more of those? Just curious, could you explain why you stopped posting those informative pieces? I mean you were so RIGHT, I would think you would explain why now you stopped posting those?

So in closing ignore my stupid little posts, dont bother reading my crap, since you really have NO IDEA

Hey Dh

my own thoughts just this week

another one of my own thoughts

and another

another

That is just with in the last week...

Go back to your hole and stop accusing me of not posting my own thoughts

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
KGB94SACKEM said:
porky88 said:

Well, not technically.

C'mon Porky you are smart enough to know he left the Texans game with the injury and has struggled to recover for the last 2.

So you agree he's struggling with injuries? Would you pay 50 million for someone who can't stay on the field? Whether it'd be bad luck or injuries are apart of the game and you have to factor them in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts