Thanks again Brett!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another team loss, but Brett certainly did his part on that last drive! Just wing it up into double and triple coverage. Sure there is a minute left, but why be patient and take what's given to you? :roll:

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well considering he really did not have any protection today it was the best he had and if you watched Fergie had a shot

It was actually a bad call by design. The Phily D was playing prevent type game. Rossley Dialed that one up

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Muscy woulda rather we woulda been at our 30, with less than 59 seconds and no timeouts...

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is far and away the worst offense the pack has had since Farve arrived. Some of it is lack of talent....alot of it is lack of coaching. A good barometer is adjustments made at half time and this team simply can not or will not make the necessary adjustments.

sunshine

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last time i checked, the entire team was playing today. easy to blame it on brett - hard to admit when the whole team isn't playing well. :wall:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
This is far and away the worst offense the pack has had since Farve arrived. Some of it is lack of talent....alot of it is lack of coaching. A good barometer is adjustments made at half time and this team simply can not or will not make the necessary adjustments.

What were the adjustments they were supposed to make today. Stop fumbling? Stop throwing high and outside? Maybe stop the run for once? I'm asking because I hear often about how we don't make the necessary halftime adjustments but no one ever says what they should be.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here are the adjustments.

OFFENSIVELY

1. Stop pulling guards on run plays. They arent good enough to do all of that, and those plays are abortions.

2. Give Favre at least 1 extra blocker in the backfield. Yeah, Favre is wiley and crafty, but the line isnt what it was, and he needs an extra blocker.

DEFENSIVELY

1. Cut Carroll
2. Cut Roman
3. Put KGB at LB.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
here are the adjustments.

OFFENSIVELY

1. Stop pulling guards on run plays. They arent good enough to do all of that, and those plays are abortions.

2. Give Favre at least 1 extra blocker in the backfield. Yeah, Favre is wiley and crafty, but the line isnt what it was, and he needs an extra blocker.

DEFENSIVELY

1. Cut Carroll
2. Cut Roman
3. Put KGB at LB.

Brilliant.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At half time you evaluate what the D did in situations and change routes and formations to put players in positions to make plays and show the D something different than they saw in the first half. We simply come out of half time with the same formations and the same plays.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:
At half time you evaluate what the D did in situations and change routes and formations to put players in positions to make plays and show the D something different than they saw in the first half. We simply come out of half time with the same formations and the same plays.

And how do you know that? I rarely see us run exactly the same play.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz...the packers pulled a guard to help Brett roll out on one of his ints on the last drive.

Again, as I said, this was THE WHOLE TEAM, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Brett just wing things up willy nilly at the end of games giving the Packers NO chance to win. The final int wasn't due to a lack of protection, it was due to irresponsibility and impatience on Brett's part.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
like ive said, pullin guards = retarded

people who are unfortunate enough to listen to me rant in gameday chat know my thoughts on this.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz...I didn't read the gameday chat...what is wrong with pulling a guard as Brett rolls out? THe Packers seemed to have success doing that this year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the guards arnet good enough for all of this, almost every time they are pulled, bad things (well, not good things anyway) happen. Ive noted it almost every time in gameday chat.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can't pull on screens, sweeps, or whatever, agreed!!! However, I don't think it's too bad when they do that to offer Brett extra protection on the rollouts...that has seemed to work.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say just keep them home. Let's not ask these guys to do too much. If Favre would have an extra blocker back there he wouldnt have to do moving pockets,pulled guards, and dance around like that.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett tends to do pretty well, historically, rolling out of the pocket, though, and the extra guard has helped to give him more time.

However, I see what you're saying about not asking too much of the guards...I still think you have to at least try to get them to pull...but they have had NO success doing that year...hence the lack of screens etc.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fact is the Packers as a team played up top the water level of the team.

Water always rises to its own level.

Fact is Brett did not have a good game. What does one expect? He is 36 years old and of course is an old dog that can not learn new tricks. Brett is not willing to adjust his game time decisions to adjust to his loss of athletic skills that come to us all at the age of 36.

When the draft comes along in 2006 this game will be a great loss for the Packers. It would have been a greater loss if the Texans did not choke, but then again perhaps the Texan' as a team have the right game plan.

Now that the Pack are eliminated from the playoffs in WEEK 11, do you think it might be time to build for the future? Do you think it might be a time to give the kid some snaps?

Of course not... Not for some people on this forum. Brett is God!

Brett could go 0 for 31 next week with 5 picks and some of you would blame it on the receivers, the play calling, the coach, the weather, astrology, karma, the political situation in Panama, the field, the trainers, the uniform itch effect due to a new soap used by the assistant trainer, the fact he misses his tractor, or even the fact that he has not been invited as a guest on the Dr. Phil show.

Fact is.... Realize it or not... Brett is not Brett any longer. It is not his fault and he will go down in history as a great QB with all football fans. He will go down as the greatest of all time with Packer fans.

But... either way he has gone down, and will stay down. It is life. It is being 36 in the NFL and there is nothing wrong with that. It is life.

Every loss from this point is a win for the future of the Packers.

I think the Texans' have got that figured out, Pack fans should too.

P.S. I know the math, but face it this team is eliminated from the play offs.

RP

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just say this... yes it was a bad game... almost identical to the queens game on Monday night. I will sum it up like this... No matter how you look at it...

"WE JUST PLAIN SUCK!!!" :tantrum:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
Well considering he really did not have any protection today it was the best he had and if you watched Fergie had a shot

It was actually a bad call by design. The Phily D was playing prevent type game. Rossley Dialed that one up

Yeah - I'd have to agree with this comment.

One more thing -- Was it me? Or, were the Wideouts constantly "letting" the DE's get inside on just about every play? Every damn one of 'em. THAT's what cost us this game - that tactic alone. Brett wasn't perfect, either - but dang-gummit.. he shouldn't "have" to be.... The Team let Brett down on this one, period! They should be made to pay.. Has Brett ever won at Philly? I don't think he has - and to boot - this game was damn well win-able.... Brett knew it - and so did several other veterans... too bad the coaching upstairs had other ideas.

Members online

Latest posts