Texans release former first-round pick Buchanon

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is a total bust. The Raiders traded him because he stunk there. The Texans cut him because he stunk there. I would avoid Buchanon.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders Traded him becuase they should have never drafted him in the first place. Al Davis loves speed.... Al Davis has been burned by drafting for speed more than he has succeded by drafting speed over heart.

I think my Packers did the same thing in drafting A.C. No fricken heart, no team building skills, and not coachable.

It is a joke.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The Raiders Traded him becuase they should have never drafted him in the first place. Al Davis loves speed.... Al Davis has been burned by drafting for speed more than he has succeded by drafting speed over heart.

I think my Packers did the same thing in drafting A.C. No fricken heart, no team building skills, and not coachable.

It is a joke.

I'd take AC over him 24/7. Plus the 2nd Saviour is coming back this week. Will Blackmon. He's like Greg Jennings on defense.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I'd take AC over him 24/7. Plus the 2nd Saviour is coming back this week. Will Blackmon. He's like Greg Jennings on defense.

rotflmao @ 2nd savior. Hope you're right, but oh my god that's brilliant wording.

Edit: and I applaud you for that, sir.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had earned the tag "coward" by damn near the entire locker room. Apparently, he does not like contact...which is not a good thing for a football player!

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BUCHANON SIGNS WITH BUCS

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed cornerback Phillip Buchanon to a one-year contract, at a prorated base salary of $585,000.

Buchanon was released by the Texans on Monday. And the Texans actually did him a big favor by making the move when they did.

If the Texans had waited until Wednesday, Buchanon would have been required to pass through waivers. As it stands, Buchanon became a free agent.

Under NFL rules, players with less than four credited seasons always pass through waivers whenever they are cut, with the worst team to the best team getting a shot to claim him. Prior to the trading deadline, vested veterans instantly become free agents. After the trading deadline, however, all players regardless of tenure must go through waivers.

In Buchanon's case, someone like the Packers might have taken a chance on him. His full base salary was only $800,000, and with six weeks in the books the balance would have been only $517,650.

So Buchanon instead will earn $378,529 from the Bucs along with the balance of his $800,000 salary from the Texans, since he is now entitled (as a vested veteran) to receive termination pay.

The end result? His total 2006 income increased in one day by more than $375,000, assuming he finishes the season with Tampa.

It's baffling, in our view, that the Texans wouldn't have waited until Wednesday to cut him loose, in the hopes that someone would pick up his contract -- and allow the Texans to get off the hook for more than $500,000 in unpaid wages.

We're also told that the Texans tried to trade Buchanon before cutting him, but found no takers.

Buchanon was a first-round draft choice in 2002 out of the "M", and he was traded to Houston in 2005 for a second-round and third-round draft pick in 2006. Bucs G.M. Bruce Allen was in that same role with the Raiders when Buchanon was drafted.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Buchanon the one that Brett picked on like a school ******* his big Monday nighter. He came out with potential until it was realized he had no skills on the deep ball.

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That didn't take long...Less that 24 hours on the street. Whatever, anyone who is mentioned with AC...

I don't want.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts