Terence Murphy?

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we release terence murphy or did he choose to retire? he didnt seem tooooo bad the only problem i thought was he got hurt with a neck injury. surely he could have stayed instead of one of these undrafted rookie WR's

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we release terence murphy or did he choose to retire? he didnt seem tooooo bad the only problem i thought was he got hurt with a neck injury. surely he could have stayed instead of one of these undrafted rookie WR's
He was forced into retiring because of the neck injury. No one wanted to take a chance on that.
I think he would have been good, had injury not ended his career.

Reaction score
I think we released T-Murph.

I remember reading that he was brought in for a tryout with the Bucs, but they decided to pass on him because of his injury.

Also, I don't think he could have stayed. If I remember correctly, he had a greater chance of being paralyzed by a big hit when compared to other WRs... it wasn't worth it.

Reaction score
Cheesey you may be right... he may have retired and decided to give it another go the next season, as he wouldn't have to worry about his contract then.

I just seem to recall him trying out for, and then getting passed by, the Bucs.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it was just one of those freak things no one could've predicted. It was probably better for his long term health finding out about his condition when they did before a serious hit may have injured him and paralyzed him for the rest of his life.

I had really high hopes for Murphy coming in, but it's just to bad his body had to get the better of him.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that's what I call a BS deal. Imagine working that hard and being that good and close to full fledged NFL career and then having it taken away in one play. That gives me the shivers.

I don't know what the lesson is here for Murph, but I hope he learns it well and becomes a success in his own eyes.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was at that game, and saw the hit with my own eyes. still hate Thomas Davis for that hit... leading with the helmet to helmet. but such is football i guess.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He retired, it was ******'s fault because he had to fumble the ball and then T-Murph picked it up and right as he did he got nailed in the neck.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
i was at that game, and saw the hit with my own eyes. still hate Thomas Davis for that hit... leading with the helmet to helmet. but such is football i guess.

I was at that game to.. sitting around the 10 yard line on the other side of the field... almost as scary as the DD game getting hauled off strapped down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still feel bad for T-Murph. He looked like he was gonna be a very solid WR(he also coulda been nothing more than an average-at-best WR).

Damn injuries!

Members online

Latest posts