Tentative Software Switch Scheduled for TONIGHT @ 8:00PM PST (UPDATED)

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the delayed response.

The site would of been down for about 1-2 hours. And you will not lose any threads/posts/likes/***/attachments.

However, I have moved the switch to the following Monday at 10:00PM PST.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Will we keep our "gifts" and rankings? Not that it matters, it sounds like a good change to me as well, and if it makes life easier/better for those who administer the site who am I to complain. I love the forum and I trust that any change you make will ultimately be for the best.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this change IS happening tonight! I have tested and postponed long enough and it is time to move this site to the new platform@!

The site will be coming offline at 8pm PST(12am EST) and "SHOULD" be back up no later than 9pm PST(3am EST).

Wish me luck, lol.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I have a few more things that I am going to do tonight, but I am sure there we will be a few things to take care of tomorrow.

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hehe, nice GBG! :)

I am going to be on here pretty much ALL day making changes and tweaking things to make it better. Hopefully more people are in the same boat your are in and find it "easy"!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I trust you that it will be better for us. Just like facebook changes I usually hate the change for two weeks then get used to it.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Hey robdog, so far I really like it. The one thing I miss is the home page defaulting to the most recent posts. I could simply refresh the home page if I was gone for a while and the little bullets told me what threads had new posts and I could click on those to take me right to the point I left off. Is there a setting to make that happen by default?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey robdog, so far I really like it. The one thing I miss is the home page defaulting to the most recent posts. I could simply refresh the home page if I was gone for a while and the little bullets told me what threads had new posts and I could click on those to take me right to the point I left off. Is there a setting to make that happen by default?

Thanks for the feedback. I might be moving the right rail block(recent thread) on the home page to a more dominant position in the center of the page. I will give this some thought.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I might be moving the right rail block(recent thread) on the home page to a more dominant position in the center of the page. I will give this some thought.

And that, robdog, is why you ARE the man!

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not able to upload a saved image from my computer into a signature any longer, is that not possible with the new forum?

OP
OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not able to upload a saved image from my computer into a signature any longer, is that not possible with the new forum?

Not yet. You will have to store the image on a photo hosting service than connect it to your signature with an image tag.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I can't see how to quote someone just yet.. but i"ll figure it out...got my siggy back!

(I was wondering... how you guys haven't connected on FB yet!?!?! lol... I'm still fighting it,.. I have my account and begrudgingly have to log on once in a blue moon. )

Members online

Latest posts