Tell Me Your Thoughts on This......

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I am a lifelong, die-hard Iowa Hawkeyes fan. So it pains me to even bring it up but.........maybe the Pack should consider trading Aaron Kampman. Let's face it, he just doesn't look comfortable and hasn't produced in the 3-4. I'm well aware that it's early and with more time he might get better but he is a dominant 4-3 DE and many teams could use a guy like that. If we have to teach a guy to play the 3-4 anyway why not use that effort on Matthews? We could possibly get some good O-line help in return for a guy like Kampman.

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. He seems unhappy with the 3-4 so he'll probably bolt next year anyway. We're deep at LB - try to get some help on the O Line in exchange.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was TERRIBLE out there. TERRIBLE. Zero space adjustability. Zero burst. And worst of all, ZERO motor. If he doesn't want to play, just trade him already, because we cannot keep allowing their qbs to have more than 8 (EIGHT) seconds to throw the ball. It's not doable.

OP
OP
C

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds ok to get rid of him, is it just him though? There a team lol.

Dont give me a hard time aint seen any packer games yet this season

I'm not even remotely saying that its just him. Clearly the entire D has been problematic but since he is very valuable in a 4-3 defense why not put him out there and see if we can't get some good o-line help in trade. Matthews would be able to play at least as well as Kampman has in the 3-4 maybe even better. Maybe even give Chillar a shot at his spot. He has played pretty well so far in the 3-4.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just might end up in Purple next year but I agree that he is just not fitting in this scheme and we could use some o-line help.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We won't get O-line help for him. Not anyone elite anyway. We are more likely to get a draft pick and a role player for him at this point. But yes, I think we should see what the market is like for him.

Matthews would move over to his spot if he was gone.

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I'm out-voted in this thread, but I say it would be a poor choice to get rid of him, when if Capers would use his f-ing head and use Kampman the way he is meant to be used... as in rushing the qb. Yes he is now a LB so coverage is a must occasionally, but they dropped him back too many times last night... Just my two cents worth

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a big fan of Kampman. I've been saying all along that he's a top 5 pass rusher, when a lot of fans say we only like him because he's a packer.

But when I see LACK OF MOTOR, he needs to go. It's not just in coverage. When rushing the passer, he just desists.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, I am a lifelong, die-hard Iowa Hawkeyes fan. So it pains me to even bring it up but.........maybe the Pack should consider trading Aaron Kampman. Let's face it, he just doesn't look comfortable and hasn't produced in the 3-4. I'm well aware that it's early and with more time he might get better but he is a dominant 4-3 DE and many teams could use a guy like that. If we have to teach a guy to play the 3-4 anyway why not use that effort on Matthews? We could possibly get some good O-line help in return for a guy like Kampman.

I think you need to find takers for Kampman before you can automatically assume we could trade him. Then, we all know TT doesn't give up anything unless he gets more in return, so I would assume Kampman would be cut before he is traded, or he could continue to learn and develop in his new role, which is probably what is going to happen.

How about we get an answer from TT on why he feels he can nickel-n-dime his way into a tier-1 offensive line??? Can it be done? Certainly. Is TT capable of pulling it off? After 5 years of "NO", I would say absolutely not.

I hope TT and all of us have learned valuable lessons about the importance of a top-notch O-line - especially when you have dominant skill players at the QB and WR positons.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not Kampys fault .. he is a pass rusher ,, thats what he does ... now they want him to fall back in coverage ???? WTF ??? LET HIM RUSH THE PASSER .. if we trade him ,, he will join some team in our divison and instead of rodgers giving up 8 sacs it will be 20 ... :shock:
didnt we learn that lesson ??? wasnt that Brett our old QB that was out there making us look stupid ??? my god you guys are starting to think like TT ... :blind:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its not Kampys fault .. he is a pass rusher ,, thats what he does ... now they want him to fall back in coverage ???? WTF ??? LET HIM RUSH THE PASSER .. if we trade him ,, he will join some team in our divison and instead of rodgers giving up 8 sacs it will be 20 ... :shock:
didnt we learn that lesson ??? wasnt that Brett our old QB that was out there making us look stupid ??? my god you guys are starting to think like TT ... :blind:

Relax, Mikey. Go grab a sandwich a nice cup of milk.

The point is, pass rushers are like rectums - everybody's got 'em and none of them thinks theirs stinks. You make it seem like Kampman is the second coming and everybody would beat down our doors to get him. I think the fact is he is a decent D-lineman that probably couldn't garner more value in a trade than he gives to our team.

This situation will get resolved, but it is in direct correlation with moving to a new scheme. You have to play a season and make assessments after the dust has settled.

Also, Brett Favre is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers. It's just a fact. As a matter of fact, Brett Favre remains a better QB than almost every other current NFL QB. But, I do believe Rodgers can look better with better protection. The problem is, it isn't going to get fixed perfectly this season. It took horrible, horrible O-line play to get TT off his rear end and phone Tauscher. Tausch and Clifton will certainly provide a HUGE upgrade, but what bothers me is that TT has allowed his team and prized QB to be put into a position that could have been easily avoided with better evaluating of talent.

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my whole point is ... they need to use Kampy to his strengths ... and also you have to admit our pass rush went out the window the game before last ...

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my whole point is ... they need to use Kampy to his strengths ... and also you have to admit our pass rush went out the window the game before last ...

Actually, we haven't had a consistently sound pass rush in years, so this year appears to pretty much be par for the course.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, we haven't had a consistently sound pass rush in years, so this year appears to pretty much be par for the course.
This 3-4 scheme was supposed to fix that problem and make an agressive defense that was supposed to light up suckas.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People really have to be patient on the 3-4 scheme. We're only 4 games in with this new scheme. We have to do some more drafting too of course in the next few years to have a deadly 3-4 defense.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People really have to be patient on the 3-4 scheme. We're only 4 games in with this new scheme. We have to do some more drafting too of course in the next few years to have a deadly 3-4 defense.

Well, we've got TWO 1st round draft picks in the last 3 years tied up in the current line, so pardon me for getting a bit anxious. :)

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It makes sense and I have suggested such 2 or 3 games ago. If we keep him this season we will lose him next year and get nothing in return. I love the guy but its a no brainer.

Members online

Latest posts