Reaction score
PackFaninBucLand said:
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!
Those are the words from MacArthur Lane, I mean, MacArthur Park, right?
LOLOL!!!! To BOTH posts!!!
By the way..............i HATED that song!!!LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:
And.......what the heck was that song really about!?!?! :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"The cake's done when the cake's done." Ted Thompson

Sounds like John Madden.
Naw......if it was MADDEN, it would be:
"The cake's done when the turducken is JUST brown enough that the meat falls off the Bones......Bones, thats that new TV show, i REALLY love that show! Speaking of love, i LOVE Brett Favre! Favre is the BEST quarterback.......oh, i got a quarterback when i was at ACE hardware, it was a refund for a Smokey Joe grille i bought, the darn thing started on fire cause the grease built up in the top of it......it was too darn GREASY.........Griese.........the Bears shoulda put him in to quarterback in the Super Bowl....and speaking of quarterbacks.....that Brett Favre!!! Gotta LOVE that guy!!!............."

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

Sounds like John Madden.
"The cake's done when the turducken is JUST brown enough that the meat falls off the Bones......Bones, thats that new TV show, i REALLY love that show! Speaking of love, i LOVE Brett Favre! Favre is the BEST quarterback.......oh, i got a quarterback when i was at ACE hardware, it was a refund for a Smokey Joe grille i bought, the darn thing started on fire cause the grease built up in the top of it......it was too darn GREASY.........Griese.........the Bears shoulda put him in to quarterback in the Super Bowl....and speaking of quarterbacks.....that Brett Favre!!! Gotta LOVE that guy!!!............."

Great one cheesey !!

:thumbsup: for the cheesemeister :rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vikesrule said:

Sounds like John Madden.

Great one cheesey !!

:thumbsup: for the cheesemeister :rotflmao:
THANKS Vikes!!!
Oh......i forgot to add a couple "BOOM"s in there!!!LOLOL!!! :rotflmao:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
refpacker said:
I love how in early offseason I was being jumped on for bashing TT and his history with lack of spending......I know there are still many TT supporters, but there is definately is a shift begginning to occur and more and more people are questioning his judgement.

At the end of this offseason when we still havent picked up anyone because the turner and moss deals have fell through I cant wait to see how many more come over to the dark side..

Like it or not a shift is begginning and I am proud to have been one of the first to jump off TT's sinking ship.

Well, refpack, I hate to say it but rather it be you than Brett who obviously does not share you point of view. I mean jumping off the ship.

Maybe he stayed because he see's......

1) Replacing Carroll with Woodson an improvement.

2) Finding a group of able bodied LB's vs having ONE a good thing.

3) Shoring up a weak "D" line who couldn't stop nothin' rather comforting.

4) Swapping out a tired and old "0" line with some young bucks with a future as being pretty positive.

5) Seeing DD and Jennings as talented as any #1 and #2 he could hope for kind of inviting.

You call it "sinking" and Brett calls it "more talent than I have ever seen".

I think I'll go with Brett.

Yes, by god, there's still a ways to go. Kind of shows how far away from a legitimate NFL team we were by the time he got here don't it?

You might very well be the first one off the ship. And you could very well end up on the island alone before it's over. Oh, I forgot, you always have Pyle. Damn.

I guess I can live with that.

Lol, you brought me into it buddy, so now I must respond. RefPacker you are not the first one off TT's ship, but you are one of many. You see, there were planty of people who didn't like Ted here. Pack66, Anubis, etc, were all outspoken against TT. Unfortunately, they got tired of the unfounded TT lovefest that goes on here.

In fact, most Packer fans outside of here are really questioning Ted's approach. Want Proof?

According to a poll ran last week on PackersNews.com only 22% of roughly 30,000 people liked the direction this team was headed. The rest was split roughly 50/50 between not liking it and "too early to tell".

Furthermore, I find it funny that if you compare these two petitions

http://www.firepackersgm.com
and
http://www.sackmattmillen.com

You will see that the Thompson one has almost 6x as many signatures.

Visit any other Packers forum and look at the talk regarding Thompson. You don't see that on other teams sites, besides the Lions.

Does TT have a big surprise? Who knows, but to state that you same 9-10 posters on this board, who blindly back Ted are the majority is simply FALSE.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, there are plenty that don't like him, and many that do like him.
I think everyone on here already knows that.
Me, i sure haven't seen the collapse of the Packers the way some on here want to believe. They improved from 4-12 to 8-8.
Not a Super Bowl season, but a good improvement none the less. If they tanked, then i'd say maybe they arn't on the right track.
(I know......4-12 was TT's first season, so thats HIS fault as they were 10-6 the year before)
I will wait till this coming season is over before i decide if i "hate" OR "love" the guy. I haven't seen enough to give him an honest chance to prove himself either way yet. I don't think anyone has given him enough time yet. He sure hasn't been the BEST GM of all time yet, or the reincarnation of Matt Millen as some seem to think. Millen has had MANY years to prove himself, and has screwed up at just about EVERYTHING he has touched.
He and TT are both GM's.........thats where the comparison ends.
(in my opinion)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to a poll ran last week on PackersNews.com only 22% of roughly 30,000 people liked the direction this team was headed. The rest was split roughly 50/50 between not liking it and "too early to tell".

My math is a little rusty, but I would take that to mean that only 28% of 30000 people had 'jumped ship'. Don't let the facts get in the way.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

My math is a little rusty, but I would take that to mean that only 28% of 30000 people had 'jumped ship'. Don't let the facts get in the way.

Your math is rusty, that would put it at 39% disliking the direction.

(100-22)/2 = 39

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
refpacker said:
I love how in early offseason I was being jumped on for bashing TT and his history with lack of spending......I know there are still many TT supporters, but there is definately is a shift begginning to occur and more and more people are questioning his judgement.

At the end of this offseason when we still havent picked up anyone because the turner and moss deals have fell through I cant wait to see how many more come over to the dark side..

Like it or not a shift is begginning and I am proud to have been one of the first to jump off TT's sinking ship.

Well, refpack, I hate to say it but rather it be you than Brett who obviously does not share you point of view. I mean jumping off the ship.

4) Swapping out a tired and old "0" line with some young bucks with a future as being pretty positive.

5) Seeing DD and Jennings as talented as any #1 and #2 he could hope for kind of inviting.

Yes, by god, there's still a ways to go. Kind of shows how far away from a legitimate NFL team we were by the time he got here don't it?

You might very well be the first one off the ship. And you could very well end up on the island alone before it's over. Oh, I forgot, you always have Pyle. Damn.

Lol, you brought me into it buddy, so now I must respond. RefPacker you are not the first one off TT's ship, but you are one of many. You see, there were planty of people who didn't like Ted here. Pack66, Anubis, etc, were all outspoken against TT. Unfortunately, they got tired of the unfounded TT lovefest that goes on here.

In fact, most Packer fans outside of here are really questioning Ted's approach. Want Proof?

and

Visit any other Packers forum and look at the talk regarding Thompson. You don't see that on other teams sites, besides the Lions.

Does TT have a big surprise? Who knows, but to state that you same 9-10 posters on this board, who blindly back Ted are the majority is simply FALSE.

well those that got banned probably ran out of arguments and resorted to namecalling and attacking persons, doesn't bode well for your cause.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
refpacker said:

and

well those that got banned probably ran out of arguments and resorted to namecalling and attacking persons, doesn't bode well for your cause.

Name Calling AKA Disagreeing with people. Same thing on here. I know it doesn't bode well for me. What does is Ted's record

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:

Your math is rusty, that would put it at 39% disliking the direction.

(100-22)/2 = 39

Thats correct, which is more than the 22% that did.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:

LOL, don't let a calculator get in your way

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
refpacker said:

and

Name Calling AKA Disagreeing with people. Same thing on here. I know it doesn't bode well for me. What does is Ted's record

Flapack resorted to personal attacks against me, well then it's not a discussion anymore, you don't start attacking people personally just because you disagree with them. If you run out of arguments, the arguments are pretty vague and you've lost the argument.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OregonPackFan said:
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
refpacker said:

and

you're a packers fan. you think TT is doing a horrible job. Why does it bode well for you that the GM of your favorite team is doing a horrible job? I don't get that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
OregonPackFan said:
pyledriver80 said:
warhawk said:
refpacker said:

and

Flapack resorted to personal attacks against me, well then it's not a discussion anymore, you don't start attacking people personally just because you disagree with them. If you run out of arguments, the arguments are pretty vague and you've lost the argument.

Well I'm not Flapack, I don't intend to attack you. However, I will say you sure are on a tighter leash around here depending on your views. I've seen it over and over again.

I have plenty of arguments to make, however this isn't the thread for that. Gotta be careful about taking threads off-topic when you are me, though everyone else does.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:

:rotflmao: Yeah, yeah, stupid math. Never was my strength.... :noflame:

OK, then. here's some proofwork.

100-22= 78

78/2= 39

39>22

Crap.

Point conceded. :thumbsup:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:

:rotflmao: Yeah, yeah, stupid math. Never was my strength.... :noflame:

OK, then. here's some proofwork.

100-22= 78

78/2= 39

39>22

Crap.

Point conceded. :thumbsup:

Way to man-up bro. I would have let it go except for the "Don't let the facts get in the way" thing.

Whatever, it's all in good fun

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I forgot what the topic was!!!!!!!Isn't there a site for people who hate TT, because their rhetoric is getting old and repetitive, and baseball is starting, I think its time to find a Brewer forum...lol...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened with this thread? Let's try and somewhat stay on topic. If you want to get in a Ted Thompson debate then scroll down and find one of the 1,000 there are on this site. Most of it is the same people anyway.

If you want to talk forum policy pm a mod or Ryan.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online