Ted Thompson seems to be doing a pretty good job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For all the *****ing and whining about Ted Thompson during the off-season, he sure seems to know what he's doing. The most important decision for any GM is the head coaching hire, and it looks like he may have hit a home run with that one. McCarthy has been fantastic. Great motivator, great play caller, not afraid to take chances, and his attitude has rubbed off on the entire team.

I also like the depth that this team has. We are seeing players step up when others are injured, and more importantly we are seeing players respond to the challenge when they are pushed by other players who are competing for their position. I honestly think one reason for Favre's resurgence this season is the quality play of his backup, Aaron Rodgers, in the preseason. Favre has gone out and proved in the regular season that he can still do things that Rodgers can only dream of.

Another good example is how Ruvell Martin stepped up today. Like most people, I expected him to be the odd man out when Koren Robinson came back, but today he showed that it's not that simple. He proved that he can do a lot more than just run fly patterns down the sideline.

Then there's the D-line rotation, which has allowed all our guys to stay fresh because the backups are almost as talented as the starters. And so many people laughed at Thompson for keeping 11 D-linemen.

The list goes on and on. I just thought it was time to stop and acknowledge what a good job Thompson is doing so far.

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT sucks!!! He didn't get Brett any over priced offensive weapons during free agency, and his drafting is utterly horrible. Because as we all know it's TT's wish to rush Brett into retirement. And how the hell dare he keep so many defensive linemen...ya know, so many that they're always fresh throughout the 60 minutes of a game and not wearing down. TT MUST DIE!!!!

Yours truly,
Lambeau p@ck66 East

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The TT, MM, and any other arguments should be talking points during the off-season. Evryone is entitlrd to their opinion, but once the season started all those threads should be left alone.

Be a Packer fan and enjoy what this team is doing, we have 7 more regular season games to go. This is a young team and they cannot afford to lose focus, the fans should be the same way, focus in on THE TEAM THAT IS THE 2007 PACKERS, opinons on the GM,Coaches or players we could have had or should have had need to be left for the off-season!!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah do it in the offseason, so when people applaud the team he created, people can go "It's not like we won the superbowl. TT still sucks."

That's if we DON"T win the SB this year...which...crazier things have happened.

But yeah, 8-1 is no time to reflect on the team the GM created....for some reason.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell Trom, pre-TT all you did was ***** and moan to a point most everyone got sick of you, you want to be childish and and stick your tounge out and say Na Na Na I told you so, go ahead, it just takes away from what this team is doing.

Like I said everyon has their own opinion, but now is not the time to be bringing up all these old threads that mean absolutely nothing at this point.

Hey if you want to show your *** go ahead, some will enjoy it on this forum.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The TT, MM, and any other arguments should be talking points during the off-season. Evryone is entitlrd to their opinion, but once the season started all those threads should be left alone.

Be a Packer fan and enjoy what this team is doing, we have 7 more regular season games to go. This is a young team and they cannot afford to lose focus, the fans should be the same way, focus in on THE TEAM THAT IS THE 2007 PACKERS, opinons on the GM,Coaches or players we could have had or should have had need to be left for the off-season!!!!

Well, I guess we'll find out if others think this is a worthy topic during the season. I think it is, and I would have the same opinion if the team was 1-8 instead of 8-1.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the hell Trom, pre-TT all you did was ***** and moan to a point most everyone got sick of you, you want to be childish and and stick your tounge out and say Na Na Na I told you so, go ahead, it just takes away from what this team is doing.

You seem to be under the impression that I made this thread, which like most of the stuff you post, is wrong.

And stick my tongue out and go na na na? Are you high or just stupid? I haven't brought up TT almost all season. RP and others have, but not me. Go ahead, go and find threads that I started about it. You won't find any. But yeah...Na Na Na....or something.

Like I said everyon has their own opinion, but now is not the time to be bringing up all these old threads that mean absolutely nothing at this point.

Ok, Forum Police.

You hear that, everyone? Before you post a new thread, you should probably run it by buckeye to see if now is the time to post it, because apparently he makes that decision.

8-1 after a big win is NOT the time to give the GM (or head coach, or owner) props. That's for offseason only.

Go ahead and fix that ignore feature anytime, Ryan.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom,
I'm not gonna argue with you, the only point I was trying to make wa... never mind you have never got it and you won't ever get it.

So go ahead and be Trom and everyone will just love you forever!!!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by the way.. i was happy see the buck eyes loose this weekend.... i hate jim tressel....sorry buckeyes fan

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what else is funny. I accidentally ignored my own posts today and it took me a fairly good while to find out how to undo it. I have been having problems with my mouse.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do the critics of TT and MM think now?

To me that is a fair question. The Packers are 8-1 right now. I take it one game at a time but so far they are tied with Dallas for the best record in the NFC.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Porky,

I was never a TT critic, you will not find any negative posts I ever made about TT.
Now there were TT critics and they have the right to their opinion, but now is not the time for it, that was the point I was trying to make.

Not one person on this forum had us at 8-1 after nine games.

Be a Packer fan and root this team on, right now at this point in time it doesn't matter what any of us think of TT,MM, or Brettt or any other player,.
Something special may be happening this year I want to enjoy it and not have to worry about any of these silly arguments that go on on this forum, that jus clutter up the threads.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Be a Packer fan and root this team on, right now at this point in time it doesn't matter what any of us think of TT,MM, or Brettt or any other player,.
Something special may be happening this year I want to enjoy it and not have to worry about any of these silly arguments that go on on this forum, that jus clutter up the threads.

So...we shouldn't post at all?

There WAS no argument on this thread till you came in here with your jibber jabber. It was one 'props to the GM' thread until you came in here saying its not the time or the place, because you're the law man apparently. You're Judge Dredd.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do the critics of TT and MM think now?

To me that is a fair question. The Packers are 8-1 right now. I take it one game at a time but so far they are tied with Dallas for the best record in the NFC.

I started liking MM early in the season when we became a pass first team.

I started liking TT when our D looked solid earlier this year.

I was one of those people who hated TT who now like him. I think we can move on. this topic has been discussed to death.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok Porky,

I was never a TT critic, you will not find any negative posts I ever made about TT.
Now there were TT critics and they have the right to their opinion, but now is not the time for it, that was the point I was trying to make.

Not one person on this forum had us at 8-1 after nine games.

I don't think anyone is singling you out unless I misread a post. So as long as you don't open the threads, you shouldn't worry. That's what I did all summer. :lol:

If now isn't the right time then when is? It's a matter of perspective of when the topic should be discussed. I don't think anyone should brag about being a critic or a supporter of the front office but I do think it's a fair question to ask those whom went out their way to bash Ted Thompson if they still feel the same way.

Granted anything can happen in the NFL so I wouldn't jump on any wagon quite yet but I think it's safe to notice that the team is going in the right direction for the time being.

If we can give Favre and McCarthy credit and rightfully so as they are probably 2 of the three main reasons why the Pack are where they are. Defense being the other. I think the GM deserves just a little praise for what he's done too.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one person who really was upset w/some of TT decisions on players. I wanted a RB, I wanted Moss, I wanted Wahle & Green & Walker to stay in Packer uniforms. Those guys are all gone.

Instead we have Colledge, Grant, JJ, Woodson and Kampman. Brett has formed a great bond with his WR & TE. Really, Lee has been playing great.

the packers will make the playoffs, that is great, and what I expected from the team this year. Could there be a scenario like the Bears & Vikes had a few years ago where those teams won 13-15 games during regular season, then where badly beaten in the first round of the playoffs?

I hope not. My hat is off to TT & MM. MM ability to gameplan & make adjustments has really put the Packers with the elite teams in the NFC.

I am not to happy with the choice of Harrell & Jackson, I liked Olsen, but maybe these guys will get better.

It feels pretty good to be a Packer fan these days, Thanks TT & MM.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Could there be a scenario like the Bears & Vikes had a few years ago where those teams won 13-15 games during regular season, then where badly beaten in the first round of the playoffs?

Or 12-4 or 10-6 and lose in 1st round of playoffs at home?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Could there be a scenario like the Bears & Vikes had a few years ago where those teams won 13-15 games during regular season, then where badly beaten in the first round of the playoffs?

No, we have a defense now. I would feel better though if we beat a true heavyweight. There are only three of those in the league, and they all reside in the AFC.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:

No, we have a defense now. I would feel better though if we beat a true heavyweight. There are only three of those in the league, and they all reside in the AFC.

THREE heavyweights? Don't tell me you've bought into the Steelers hype. They've lost two games, including one at Denver, where the Packers won the following week.

The Patriots are clearly the class of the league right now, the Colts have a chance to get back near that level if their injuries heal, and after that, there are three teams--Dallas, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh--that are very close. I think Dallas and Green Bay are virtually interchangeable, with Pittsburgh close behind.

Something to remember is that the AFC and NFC are dead even in head-to-head games this year, so you can't automatically assume that the AFC teams have tougher schedules.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

That happened because of injuries. I pray we stay healthy come playoff time.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:

THREE heavyweights? Don't tell me you've bought into the Steelers hype. They've lost two games, including one at Denver, where the Packers won the following week.

The Patriots are clearly the class of the league right now, the Colts have a chance to get back near that level if their injuries heal, and after that, there are three teams--Dallas, Green Bay, and Pittsburgh--that are very close. I think Dallas and Green Bay are virtually interchangeable, with Pittsburgh close behind.

Something to remember is that the AFC and NFC are dead even in head-to-head games this year, so you can't automatically assume that the AFC teams have tougher schedules.

I do put Pittsburgh in that heavyweight category. They play D, have a good running game, and have a playmaker at quarterback.

I know there is parity in this league, but there a few teams that are head and shoulders better. I am now convinced that we are one of them. I just want to see us beat a real quality team. The closest to that was the Chargers.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT's done a "pretty good job?"

That's like saying tomato sauce tastes "pretty good" on pizza.

Yeah, I'd say considering where we were and the fact we've won twelve out of thirteen and had ANYONE anywhere actually thought of betting on that they would own Door County by now it's probably safe to say he's done pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts