Ted Thompson on the upcoming 2013 Draft

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting sold on the trade down idea. If Buffalo doesn't take Geno Smith in the 1st, I think they would love to get back in at our spot at #26, and I think we could get their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to do it. The thing I would like about trading down this draft is you could theoretically land an O lineman, a D lineman, a safety, and a wide receiver all in the first 3 rounds. And probably get at least 2 starters among the bunch. I like addressing as many needs as possible early.

Reaction score
I'm getting sold on the trade down idea. If Buffalo doesn't take Geno Smith in the 1st, I think they would love to get back in at our spot at #26, and I think we could get their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th to do it.
I'm not sure if you're not getting the whole trade down idea or just misposted ur idea. The Bills are not going to give us picks to move down. We have to give them picks to move up not the other way around.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you're not getting the whole trade down idea or just misposted ur idea. The Bills are not going to give us picks to move down. We have to give them picks to move up not the other way around.

Thats not what I was saying at all. I said the Bills might like to get back into our spot at #26 if they dont take Smith at #8, which would be from their spot at #41. Which I think we could get at least that #41 and their #71 in the 3rd round to do so.

Reaction score
Thats not what I was saying at all. I said the Bills might like to get back into our spot at #26 if they dont take Smith at #8, which would be from their spot at #41. Which I think we could get at least that #41 and their #71 in the 3rd round to do so.
Gotcha. At first I thought u meant the first round pick not them trading back into the first again.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I found it to be a very insightful interview on the man. You have to be impressed with his calmness and how thoroughly they do their homework. A very professional operation came across to me.

Now I don't see him trading up. From what I've read after the first dozen or so picks there's not a lot of difference all the way down to the 50th guy. What I'd like to see is the Packers having more picks in the first three rounds.

Members online

Latest posts