Ted Thompson ignores Walker

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos said:
I'm not just looking for a big name guy and in general I agree that signing a name just for the sake of it is foolish. My point is that we have a lot of cap money, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a couple of risks if we provide ourselves with an exit strategy. I also think that our situation is unique in the fact that Brett would only play one more year, two if we're really lucky. I would rather reload one more time for Brett than take the slow methodical way of building the roster through the draft.

Yeah, it makes it hard to be up against the wall with Brett at the end of his career but there is just not enough out there to make this team an instant contender. TT has commited to building through the draft and trying to give this team an identity.

I look at back and I see teams with a unit full of solid players, not 1 or 2 big guys and "the rest of the team" as being successful.

This Def. is becoming really tough and is being built with hard-working guys with some nastiness. Taylor will be above average in this system. He is a poor mans AJ Hawk. He is aggressive and nasty with a motor that does not stop. With the speed and toughness to go along with the strengths of some of the guys, Harris as a shut down,KGB rushing the QB,ETC, we are developing a GROUP with an Identity

On Offense the skill positions are fine. Until you give Brett time to throw the ball you can have TO,Moss and Harrison on the field at the same time and it would not matter. This team is in desperate need of a OG. Unfortunately, there is noone to fill that spot so we'll have to make due with what we got.

Members online

Latest posts