Ted doesn't like to jinx players and back up q/b questions

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some good info here..Please read it

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...n-rodgers-brett-favre-seneca-wallace/3483879/

Q. When you're building your roster from year to year and thinking about the big picture, how much do you take into account the possibility of an injury to Aaron Rodgers?

A. You make sure you have so many of every position, given the limitations of a 53-man roster. But quite frankly, you never think about your better players ever getting hurt. If you think that way, you might jinx it. It might happen. Literally, you don't think about it. It's a place where you never tread.

Q. Do you believe in jinxes?

A. No. But you still never tread. You just don't like to say it.

Q. So, even when you're discussing the backup quarterback position, you're not saying 'if Aaron's hurt

So, why Seneca Wallace?
A. I had a pretty good comfort level with him. I was in Seattle when we drafted him out there. I know the kind of person and I know his football intelligence. I know he's got good mobility, has confidence as a player.

Q. To what degree, if at all, do you look at the fact that he's 5-16 as a starter in the NFL?

A. Not a lot. I think it's important to be a winner, but you'd have to examine each set of circumstances, and sometimes the odds are stacked against you pretty good.
…'

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
Q. Do you step on cracks on game day?
A. No. I've never stepped on a crack

I can't imagine more packaged answers to questions. After 8 years of interviews, does anyone put any stock in the responses from TT or for that matter any GM/HC/DC?

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was a little surprised by the "jinx" comment, but I understand his point about not picking back-ups based on the fear you may lose your starter to injury. TT swings and misses on occasion. All GM's do, but the good ones trust their instincts and don't panic when a player doesn't work out.

Q. When you're playing with that No. 2 QB spot on a playoff-caliber team, are you looking at it through the prism of 'can we win a Super Bowl with this guy' or 'can we win a game with this guy?'
A. I think there are both kinds. There are a few of them that are backups that are available in the offseason that you look at and you think, 'This guy could lead us to the Super Bowl.' There's 32 starters (in the NFL). Say he's the 33rd guy – is he going to be able to win you the Super Bowl? I'm not so sure.

I'm not looking at Seneca Wallace as a QB that can lead us to a Super Bowl. I don't know of too many back-up QB's that could lead their team to a SB. He just needs to utilize the talent around him and help the team win 2-3 games in Rodgers absence.

Members online

Latest posts