Tebow

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would agree that Pgag is better than Sbag and Tebow combined.
But in 3 years, Pgag will be done.

I'd rather have Abag, as we do.
When (Not if) Sanchez starts sucking will the Tbag drama start again?
Ah, who knows, who cares.
I know that Packers and that's good enuf for me.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is pretty great too. I have a feeling that the debate about Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Eli Manning being best QB in NFC is one that will be going on for quite some time.

I will stick with Eli Manning. In my opinion he is best QB in NFC and I think he will bring at least one more Lombardi Trophy home to NYC before all is said and done.

I bELIeve.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is pretty great too. I have a feeling that the debate about Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Eli Manning being best QB in NFC is one that will be going on for quite some time.
Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees are elite.
Eli Manning is not.
Debate over and out.
Your welcome.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. You had to post that twice to try and convince yourself, lol........

Eli Manning is ELIte.

Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl rings than Aaron Rodgers.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl rings than Drew Brees.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl MVP trophies than Aaron Rodgers.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl MVP trophies than Drew Brees.

Eli Manning is the only opossing QB to have two postseason wins over Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

You are right, there is no debate.
Eli Manning is the best QB in NFC.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. You had to post that twice to try and convince yourself, lol........

Eli Manning is ELIte.

Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl rings than Aaron Rodgers.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl rings than Drew Brees.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl MVP trophies than Aaron Rodgers.
Eli Manning has twice as many SuperBowl MVP trophies than Drew Brees.

Eli Manning is the only opossing QB to have two postseason wins over Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

You are right, there is no debate.
Eli Manning is the best QB in NFC.
Eli manning, this generations Phil Simms. Lol

Aaron Rodgers Is the best player in the nfl, it was pretty much unanimous in case you didn't hear.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil Simms was a damn good QB but Eli Manning is better. Way better.

You folks of all should know better than to underestimate ELIte Eli. The guy is a winner. He is the best QB in NFC.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil Simms was a damn good QB but Eli Manning is better. Way better.

You folks of all should know better than to underestimate ELIte Eli. The guy is a winner. He is the best QB in NFC.
well they won the same amount of SBs and that's all you seem to base anything off of.

It's tebows town now anyways, Eli just lives in it.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Jeff Hostettler won SuperBowl XXV against Buffalo Bills, not Phil Simms.

SuperBowl wins are not all I base it on but I am.not going to base everything just on pure stats. If we were to base a QBs worth purely on stats then Tony Romo would be pretty close to the top of the list.

Eli Manning is better under pressure and he does more with less than Aaron Rodgers. Heck, Marty Flynn broke all time Green Bay Packers records for single game performance throwing to that offense.

Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but it is clear that he is not as good as Eli Manning.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I don't get Tebow-mania. Really. So what? Guess I am getting old.

Eli is pretty damned good. I would say elite. Two SB MVPs along with the rings and his playoff performances have changed the conclusion of this out-dated debate, imo.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually Jeff Hostettler won SuperBowl XXV against Buffalo Bills, not Phil Simms.

SuperBowl wins are not all I base it on but I am.not going to base everything just on pure stats. If we were to base a QBs worth purely on stats then Tony Romo would be pretty close to the top of the list.

Eli Manning is better under pressure and he does more with less than Aaron Rodgers. Heck, Marty Flynn broke all time Green Bay Packers records for single game performance throwing to that offense.

Aaron Rodgers is a great QB but it is clear that he is not as good as Eli Manning.

weird bc Giant fans were saying they have a better set of WRs not too long ago. Reguardless I am glad to see Flynn set a single game franchise record. Doesnt mean he cracks the Packers top 5 for QBs though. Just like it doesnt make Joe Kapp the best Vikings QB.

Phil Simms earned 2 rings as much as eli did.

I would continue this back and forth but the fact of the matter is when the MVP voting came in eli got all of 0 votes. Rodgers won in a landslide. Rodgers QB rating for 122.5 for the 2011 season, while Eli had a 92.9 rating. The difference between the two is more than the difference than Eli and Blaine Gabbert (33rd ranked QB last season). Boom.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I will stick with Eli Manning. In my opinion he is best QB in NFC and I think he will bring at least one more Lombardi Trophy home to NYC before all is said and done.

I bELIeve.

Everything you say from this point forward will be ignored since you've proven to know nothing about football. No GM in the league would take Eli Manning over Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Then by your "reasoning" Ben Rothlesberger is the best quarterback in the league. Two Super Bowl wins, clutch under pressure and does more with less than Manning or Rodgers.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You claim "Phil Simms earned his two SuperBowl rings as much as Eli Manning did" is indicative of how flawed your logic is considering that Phil Simms didn't even play in two SuperBowls.

You can quote passer rating all you want. You can quote stats all you want. The bottom line is that when push came to shove in your house on the postseason, Eli Manning out performed Aaron Rodgers by a landslide and Aaron Rodgers was throwing against a NY Giants defense that you folks claim was abysmal. Eli Manning also outplayed your other "best QB in the league" in the NFC Championship game back in 2007.

There is not a GM or HC in NFL that would choose Aaron Rodgers or Drew Breed to start over Eli Manning.

Ben Rothlisberger is a very good QB but is not nearly as good as Eli Manning. Pittsburgh Steelers won SuperBowl XL in spite of Ben Rothlisberger not because of him.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By the way, Eli Manning didn't get any votes for the regulations season MVP but how many did Aaron Rodgers recieve for MVP of SuperBowl XLVI?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
By the way, Eli Manning didn't get any votes for the regulations season MVP but how many did Aaron Rodgers recieve for MVP of SuperBowl XLVI?

He got a single vote for the SB XLVI MVP, its not really talked about but because his performance of accepting his MVP award was so great someone on the committee gave him a vote.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You claim "Phil Simms earned his two SuperBowl rings as much as Eli Manning did" is indicative of how flawed your logic is considering that Phil Simms didn't even play in two SuperBowls.

You can quote passer rating all you want. You can quote stats all you want. The bottom line is that when push came to shove in your house on the postseason, Eli Manning out performed Aaron Rodgers by a landslide and Aaron Rodgers was throwing against a NY Giants defense that you folks claim was abysmal. Eli Manning also outplayed your other "best QB in the league" in the NFC Championship game back in 2007.

There is not a GM or HC in NFL that would choose Aaron Rodgers or Drew Breed to start over Eli Manning.

Ben Rothlisberger is a very good QB but is not nearly as good as Eli Manning. Pittsburgh Steelers won SuperBowl XL in spite of Ben Rothlisberger not because of him.

I like how you turn football, the ultimate team sport, into a quarterback vs. quarterback game. It's not boxing. Rodgers and Manning weren't on the field at the same time at any point during that playoff game. Eli Manning did not directly do anything to effect Aaron Rodgers.

And BTW, you can't give one stat or anything to support your "Eli Manning is better than Aaron Rodgers" arguement. Were the Giants better than the Packers in the playoffs last year? YES. Was Eli Manning better than Aarond Rodgers last year? NO (as evidenced by Rodgers winning the MVP and having one of the best seasons as a quarterback EVER).

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is awesome that Aaron Rodgers recieved a vote, lol.........

I am not saying that Aaron Rodgers and Drew Breed are not great, they obviously are. I just think that Eli Manning is better. I also think that it will become clear as his career progresses.

Latest posts