1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Mar 19, 2012.

1. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Timmy could probably whoop Zombo's A**!
  2. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133 / 8 / -0
    I wouldn't mind Tebow, purely from a potential standpoint, if he could be had cheap enough. And the Packers are likely strong enough to handle the media frenzy. And no sane person would call for him to be starting over Rodgers.

Green Bay would be a good fit because of Tebow's number 2 status and McCarthy's quarterback school. With actual throwing mechanics, or at least something that resembles throwing mechanics instead of something that looks like a pig throwing up a cat it just ate, Tebow would be at least serviceable. Might even be good.

If McCarthy can't turn Tebow into a pocket (or near-pocket) passer, no one can, and he should give up convert to TE/H-Back.
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,521 / 86 / -26
    Favre fans would try and say tebow should be starting. But like you said no sane person
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,521 / 86 / -26
  5. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213 / 6 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    This Tebow to the Packers talk on ESPN is giving me high blood pressure. His holier than thou personality just bothers me not to mention giving anything for him is already overpaying. I don't want to see duck balls being thrown to our receivers in the unlikely event Rodgers gets hurt.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Tebow is a natural born leader. He took a team with limited talent (including himself) and made them believe that they could win, and they did. I would love to see him come to Green Bay for the education because I think he will be successful in the NFL at some time. You can't say a bad thing about his work ethic. He has character and a great winning attitude. It wouldn't hurt to have someone like that on your team.
  7. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +1,880 / 48 / -33
    I don't want to see Tebow in green and gold but not because of his faith, his public professions of his faith, or the media circus he would bring. The Packers run a passing offense so I would prefer they acquire backup QBs who are proficient at passing the ball accurately.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rocky11

Rocky11 Superbowl bound Pack

Ratings:
    +61 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    That makes sense Jack. I like him and would like to see the new McCarthy improved Tebow in a couple years. My motivation really don't have much to do with the Packers. I just think he is a good kid.
  9. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +697 / 1 / -1
    This is a nightmare for some SF fans if it happens, because ironically it would be a great decision for them if he did leave.
  10. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    The Packers cannot be seriously thinking of signing Tebow. If they were going to do that they might as well of just kept Flynn, what difference would it make? Tebow would be spending an awful lot of time on the bench and wouldn't see game time unless Aaron Rodgers was injured or in preseason. It just wouldn't work.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +175 / 2 / -0
    I don't think the packers will get Tebow and don't think the should unless they can change the amount of money he will be making next year and the year after. That said I would like to see Tebow on the team. We could figure out ways to incorporate him into an already scary offense and he would provide a different change of pace. He has good character obviously and his fellow teammates really like him which would be good for team chemistry. For those that say they want a backup QB that can throw the ball, how often is the backup QB playing? If the backup QB is playing more time than Aaron Rodgers then we have a major problem anyway. I like having as many players on the active roster that can contribute as possible. The backup QB almost never contributes unless it's a blowout so having Tebow could become valuable.
  12. AmishMafia

AmishMafia There's cheese under that hat

Ratings:
    +1,509 / 52 / -4
    God YES!

If we had God's favorite player on our roster, its SB time!

On the serious side, Tebow has this working for him: Very high in Leadership, dedication and athleticism. Can MM work his magic and make him into a QB? I doubt he gets the chance. I think Tebow will stay in Denver and learn under Manning. Denver doesn't know how long Manning can last.
  13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,521 / 86 / -26
    Packers won't trade for tebow.

If he is a FA they will make a pitch.
  14. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +808 / 15 / -5
    Really....REALLY!!!!!
  15. VolvoD

VolvoD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +619 / 14 / -10
    this world would implode if the packers signed that over-rated running back.
  16. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +108 / 4 / -3
    Packer Fan Since:
    Last time we made a move for a minister it panned out very well. I think the Pack would be one of the teams with the balls to make him a TE.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,377 / 86 / -17
    Packer Fan Since:
    okcpackerfan said: "We could figure out ways to incorporate him into an already scary offense and he would provide a different change of pace."

Why in the world would Mike take AR off the field for Tebow to run even one play?
  18. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

I already had a stroke but I'm still alive from reading this.
  19. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139 / 2 / -1
    1 reason not to...
    Skip Bayless .....
    Dude would be on his soapbox getting all the tebow fanatics to attack Rodgers and demand Tebow as the starter....
    Aaron already went through that annoying Favre circus.... can't ask him to put up with that Tebow circus, especially since Tebow is nowhere near Rodger's level.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Darth Garfunkel

Darth Garfunkel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +417 / 4 / -0
    I think Tebow's psycho fan base will be a turn off for a lot of teams. Who wants to deal with the headache?
  21. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

I'm already waiting on the billboard to come up, assuming he comes to GB lol
  22. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +475 / 6 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Green Bay no... Miami Yes...
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:

Well some say the Dolphins have been making poor choices with their team. I haven't looked into them enough to judge, but if what I hear is true, would be funny to see them blow a high draft pick for him.

Won't be surprised if he goes to Jacksonville though. Franchise is struggling to sell tickets, and the Gators are a Florida based team, would put fans in the seats for sure.
  24. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 24 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,388 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I actually think Miami would be a great fit for Tebow. He should be a starter somewhere, not a backup. If he signed with a team like the Packers, who mind you already have a pro bowl QB in residence ( ;) ), he may not see a single snap in 2012 unless if it's preseason, Rodgers is injured, or a blowout or meaningless game. I think Tebow would turn the Pack down if they came calling. As someone said, Tebow was a starter last season and he has playoff experience. The ego is already in place, I don't think he'd like warming the bench after last year.
    • Like Like x 1